Thread: Hey, whatever happened to Cat Stevens??

Old Skool Legend

Hey, whatever happened to Cat Stevens??

didnt he go all ultra-muslim some time ago? i wonder if he has been all this time. and another thought, it seems very likely, that Gen. Musharaf of Pakistan will be assassinated. i wouldnt want to be in his shoes right now. too bad, he is trying to do the right thing.

Tojumaru the terrible t0nythelover's Avatar
    yeah he like moved off to the mountains or something to preach the koran, makes you think...

he also renounced all his old music and tried to block its distribution.

saleen351
    I know nothing of him, but I assumed he was dead since the commercials for his greatest hits!

Old Skool Legend
    last time i saw an interview with him, i learned that cat stevens still lives in the UK. he still practices Islam. he has no problem with music itself, ppl who make music, or the music of his former life. the BS of the music industry is one of the main reasons why he stopped doing gigs. also, he insists that making music, with all of the time required for practice, theory, playing out, etc, is not a very effecient way to praise god. being wealthy enuf to never have to work again, he has retired from music and devoted his life to god (allah). he says the simple life does not leave much room for a music career.

cool for him. bad for his fans!

"if you want to sing out, sing out/ if you want to be free, be free./ well, theres a million ways to go./ you know that there are."
    i love music!