Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i can't get over that mitsubishi commercial!!!!!!

weyes

omigod, i swear, i can't get enough of that commercial: the one where the girl in the front seat of whatever car it is (who cares, really?) in the pink kangol is doing this pop-and-lock shit to some music or other... you know the one.

anybody else feeling me, here? :spin2:

p.s. does anyone know what song that is?

"Days Go By" by Dirty Vegas. Yea, it is a cool song.

Check out the video:

http://dirtyvegas.tripod.com/

Have you noticed all the electronica being used for commercials these days? A lot of them for cars too. Orb, Thievery Corp., Wiseguys, Crystal Method, Propellerheads...that's just a few off the top of my head that I can still visualize the commercial...

thanks, dlish! i'll download that a.s.a.p.!!!

yeah, NVdancer, i know what you mean about commercials ruining your favorite songs for you - it does happen all too often - but every once in a while a commercial exposes people to great ones they've never heard before (like this one for formerly-in-the-dark-but-now-lucky me :) ).

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, just saw the video. That was sweet! LOVE that dude, haha! I swear that hamburger/hot-dog stand looks familiar...looks like L.A. It looks similar to a location where we shot a pilot a few years ago. Dave, thx for the link. :)

Ok, why does a song being in a commercial ruin the song for you? It's still the same song, with the same beat, etc. Also, these are hip commercials...trying to reach a younger, hip audience. Also, it's helping this music reach a market and people that might not ever be introduced to it another way...which in turn helps create a positive outlook on our subculture, our music, etc. I think it's a good thing....especially when it's well done as these commercials are. I'm taking baby steps towards being a music supervisor on movies and I want to put out hip soundtracks with underground music...does that mean that if I put in a phat track in a movie, that it will ruin it for you too?

dlish, i think it depends on the song, the artist, and the commercial. i have a certain love for a certain group (which will remain anonymous, because i don't wanna turn this thread into an argument about them :) ) that now has their song in an ad for fast food, and it saddens me to think that this song may have been used just because it was inexpensive, as the group isn't doing as well as it used to.

and karma4, what does "being handed a black card" mean?

Originally posted by weyes

and karma4, what does "being handed a black card" mean?

Just that...just a way to promote their song...they have black cards (like business cards) with "Dirty Vegas" and the phone number on it.

Hey...where the hell have you been? Fuel (well Nacional) re-opened Wednesday...it's not quite done yet, but is definitely a unique set up. Those fuckers better let me in there to do a night.