Clubplanet Nightlife Community

clubplanet

liljewlz

I think that someone should hook up the guestlist thang. Let it be clubplanet or clubbersworld. It was so easy for me to get on for Twilo and Shadowlounge why can't the clubs in beantowne step it up and make an effort?

------------------

Guestlists run a little different in boston then NYC, there are a lot of competing clubs in NYC and its hard to fill them up so they need to have promoters bring in as many people as possible, in Boston theres only a few clubs that compete for the same crowd, so they don't tend to rely on promoters to bring in the crowd, just to create a vibe that makes other people want to go. They only want people who spend money, or add something to the club on guestlists, and you can't tell that over the web...so they try to discourage web based guestlists. BUt if you goto the clubs its not that hard to find a promoter who will put you on their guestlist...

-bradk

------------------

Hey kiddies...taz here sayin' hi..

it would be great to have guestlists for Boston clubs...even better..>VIP lists smile.gif

how abt that...hey, sometime soon...why dont we all meet up smile.gif

cyber clubbers...UNITE smile.gif

------------------

• 1 month later...

So, what's the scene like in Boston. A good friend of mine out here is from Boston and he said there wasn't a club scene there. Now, I'm hearing otherwise. Do promoters come in and throw their own nights at clubs/restaurants/bars like NYC and LA? Or, do the club owners do their own things?

Let me tell you...there's more of a scene here than LA! There are a couple big clubs and a lot of smaller loungy/ barish type places & the city is fairly clean.

The whole promoter thing is a lot different here than in NYC as Brad stated above. The music at most places is good- at Avalon there's a guest DJ every Fri, and Axis has been getting some superior talent on Thur (DT, Carl Cox, PVD, Oakie...)

I lived in NJ for 5 years & was too deep in the scene in NYC (main reason I moved back here) & the scene up here def. isn't as good...but I'll take it any day over LA!

I believe there are a few smaller venues that have one promoting team cover the entire night & I've been to private parties thrown buy promoters in VIP areas of Avalon..kinda like NYC!!

Kara

------------------

"Close your eyes & dance like no one is watching"

I see...so what's your deal with LA? Did you have a bad experience here or something? Have you ever even been here? I love it here...couldn't take the bad weather back east, ever...but then again I'm west coast through and through. The people can be fake, especially in the entertainment industry, where I work, but every city has it's pros and cons.

I want to come check out Boston sometime. There is a crew out here from Boston that's in my circle of friends. One of them was just back there, the cape actually, for the past couple of months. I'm still waiting to hear some stories, as he just got back last night.

I was under the impression that Boston was all dive bars with no club scene.

LA's scene is happening right now, there are all kinds of things poppin', including my Friday weekly. We might not have as much "culture" as Boston, but we do have an awesome club scene.

Yes I have been to LA..twice (well the second time we stayed in Santa Monica) I didn't like it because I thought it was trashy, most girls were plastic & the crowd was groce. I did have a good time at Garden of Eden though on a Thur...

I'll give you the weather & awesome sour apple martinis but thats about it...sorry!!

Kara

------------------

It's funny you talk about the fake plastic people, yet you had fun at the most pretentious, plastic, fake club in Hollywood. I don't get that one. I don't go to the Garden of Eden for that reason, even though Thursday is the best night of the week there.

The club I throw doesn't have the fake ass Hollywood wannabe BS that a lot of other clubs have. If you ever come back, let me point you in the right direction to have fun. Plus, there are a lot of cool things to do in the beach communities out here if you want to get away from the Hollywood scene.

If I make it back there, you can do the same for me, deal?

[This message has been edited by dlish (edited 07-10-2000).]

Ok..sounds good..but PLEASE do not take me to Manhattan or Hermosa Beach- my ex used to live in Manhattan & now he lives in Hermosa- too many bad memories...

I should say though that I went to this great place in Santa Monica that served the best fondu- Voda?? Cool crowd, def. not a club but a good time.

Have you ever been to the Key Club? I went there the first time I was in LA (Nov 98) & I hated it..then we went to some after-hours club that had no age restrictions & it was kinda sketchy (maybe called Arena??)

Oh & Eden- the music was pretty good & I love seeing celebs all banged up- Corey Feldman for one!!

I'll def. take you around if you ever come back here- Boston def. isn't NYC but it'll do for the time being!

What club do you run?

Kara

------------------

I totally understand that, Plus (HB & MB) are totally homogenous, it's like a fraternity/sorority party (I think that's where they all move to when they graduate college).

I don't really like the key club that much either. God's Kitchen on Saturday's is cool sometimes.

Yea, if you don't live here, celeb sightings are fun, but you get used to it. I work for a talent agency and see 'em all the time...we rep Pitt, Cruise, DeNiro, Kidman, etc...and I get some in my club every so often.

I throw a weekly house club at Luna Park on Fridays. It has a cool, intimite vibe, it has an excellent restaurant and looks kind of like a cafe/club in Tuscanny or something. Very warm. If you come back out, you have to check it out.

My friend, that's from Boston, might be going back and I want to go with him and check it out. I'll keep you posted.

If you come out, give me a shout at my email address, dlishprods@aol.com.

Take care.

Dave

Guest Shawn Mass

Hey Tet,

Email me. I have some information for you...

-Shawn

shawnmass@clubbersworld.com www.clubbersworld.com

------------------

-Shawn

"Opinions are like cell phones, every asshole has one!"

shawnmass@clubbersworld.com

www.clubbersworld.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there!!! Well i just moved to Boston from LA about two months ago...and let me just...it aint LA. They are two VERY different cities...and i just wished that the clubs would stay open past two!! or have more afterhour clubs!! what up with all this... But i do understand that it is gonna take some time to get the real feel of boston. Oh yeah, oh my god....Lava Bar ...called LIFE on fridays is PHAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!! I think it IS the BESTTTTT club in Boston....that place is just off the hoook!!! (for the guy back in LA...it compares with Does Your Mama Know)...the house music is just off da hook!! I just wrote a brief review for it...

but anyways...since i am new...i am very open to what boston has to offer...so if anyone can...please email me (phreshjiveyo@yahoo.com) and let me know the haps...like anymore afterhours and stuff like that....

loveyouall.notimetohate

-pnutty

hey pnutty- if your lookin for club kids- trust me there here!!- just keep lookin- in terms of after hours- there really isnt much publically to do- its mostly hidden and private- (well to new people anyway)- or you could go to rhode island....for anyone thats been there u know what i mean- but hang in there- id try to help ya out with some parties- but i wont be there til the ned of august

good luck

jewelz

------------------

the most successful people in life only look ahead to the great horizon of possibilities----or could it be obedience to a structured way of life---you decide

So, it's a "house" club...that's good to hear since I am a house head and promoter of a weekly house club at Luna Park...won't be going to "does your mama know" this week...BT's at Giant performing live...good luck finding a scene you like in Boston, I'm sure you will...among some other "culturally" stimulating events. Give me the heads up on the ladies out there, always curious to hear about the lovelies. Peace.

hey dlish!

actually i went to luna park about a couple weeks before i moved to boston!

the night i went, i forgot who was spining, but the main room in the back got flooded....so we left....but that club is mad phat!

loved it! keep the house scene alive!!!!

*madluv*

-paul pnutty

I wonder if it was the night Jason Bentley played?? Yea, we had a problem with bathrooms flooding for a while...really killed the vibe...and it's from the bathrooms at The Factory above us...since we're on the ground floor, we get the floods...It's a good night for house music though when it doesn't flood. You ever comin' back, vacation etc.??

Hey dlish!

well i dont think i am going back to LA anytime soon...but i think i am moving back next year sometime...the weather here is just a lil too much for me....

well if you ever come out to Boston...you have to totally check LIFE...that place is just straight out PHAT!!! mad props to dem promoters there!!! the line up they get is just out of control!!! i still have yet to venture down to NYC to check the house shit there...since thats where all the GOOD ASS HOUSE...comes out of...

but oh yeah....i just found out Marcus Wyatt is comin out with a CD wich comes out Aug 22 i think....i am just excited bout that cause...i can have my own Does Your Mama Knoww in my living room!!! hahahhaha

damn i miss cali yo...

peace!!

-pnutty

phreshjiveyo@yahoo.com if ya wanna email me...and if anyone has anymore info on da house scene our afterhours in dis city!!

ps...damn...the line up at GIANT has been lookin pretty good yo! (i was there for the opening...)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I am new to this site and ran across this bulletin board...is there really a club scene that exists in Boston?? I have been going to NY because it is so lame here. Someone fill me in please...

go to NYC, its worth the trip.

"club scene" in Boston is high cost/little return. dj tim ryan gets my vote as best in town. forget the big name djs (30 bucks for 2.5 hours of music?!?).

even after hours is lacking. once they get established, they get shut down. some private clubs o.k, but hard to find.

Guest Shawn Mass

$30 for big name DJ's in Boston??? What event besides New Years or when Junior is in town?

If you guys need any information contact me, there are several new afterhours spots spawning up, pretty good ones too.

I always love it when people say that Boston closes down at 2am...couldn't be further from the truth. Email me...

-Shawn

shawnmass@clubbersworld.com www.clubbersworld.com

------------------

-Shawn

"Opinions are like cell phones, every asshole has one!"

shawnmass@clubbersworld.com

www.clubbersworld.com

Archived