Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roxy vs avalon

bggjg

Originally posted by mrkleen2000:

Just depends what flavor of CHEESE you prefer....

Avalon is the strong, offensive, european flavor....

Roxy is a cheap, rotting, domestic brand...

Either way, make sure you order some wine to go with it.....

lol. sadly its true. doesnt matter which one u go to. like everywhere else around here, the fun u have depends upon the people you bring along with you.

------------------

i love music!

ive never been to the roxy but i will put my two cents in anyhow:

avalon gets too crowded but it is worth it if there is a top dj there. just from talking to other people, the roxy is a really fun time but they dont really have top djs there.

------------------

"Keep on charging the enemy so long as there is life."

-ancient Chinese fortune cookie

cwm8.gif Personally, I like Avalon(Saturday Nites)better than Roxy simply because I think the people ar Avalon are nicer people..there is no question the music is far better than Roxy..but I feel there is a better vibe at Avalon..oh who wants to be told get there before 11pm or you can't get in!! PEACE!

I personally like Avalon....and Saturday's usually don't get too crowded. Also, Manny actually mixes while Addilson (or whatever his name is) just goes from track to track...

Kara

xoxo

------------------

"Close your eyes & dance like no one is watching"

Gawd I don't think its that bad...:-)

And you can't compare Chrome to Downtown Sat because they're two totally different parties...BTW John Debo is spinning at Avalon on Sat if you're interested....

And the Chrome line-up for the next month is SICK!!! Looks like I'll be taking a lot of Friday's off

Kara

xoxo

------------------

AVALON is what it is all about...Roxy is not as good, their music sucks...and the crowd is even worse...AVALON is all about fun, true dancing and real people!!! Plus Lansdowne is the shit!!! cwm30.gif

------------------

It's all about the HARMONY...

True Dancing and Music at Avalon?

I guess if you live in your own little world long enough, it starts to resemble reality in some twisted way.

Saturday Nights at Avalon is CHEESE CENTRAL…..and that is not to say that the Roxy is even worse….cause it is.

The music Manny plays is Euro Crap (with cheesy vocals and poor production (Zombie Nation, Gigi D’Agostino, Alice Deejay) PLEASE it this is TRUE MUSIC, then shoot me now.

The crowd at Avalon is even worse….FAKE……PRETENTIOUS……and STUCK ON THEMSELVES and their BMW’s and Porche’s parked outside. They pretend to be hip, while they are really sad characatures of REAL PEOPLE.

Want a real dance crowd who is all about Music, Dancing and a positive vibe, check out Fridays at Lava Bar or Thursdays at Axis……the only two TRUE nights of real club culture in Boston.

mrkleen-

Whens the last time you stepped foot in Avalon because Manny has not played any of those track in a looooong time..and comparing Avalon & Roxy to Lava & Chrome is sooo unfair because they are sooo different!

Chrome on Thur is cool, and Lava used to be a lot better like a 1 1/2 ago. But many frequenters of both places try & act like they are there 'for the vibe' & that they are more open-minded..well there have been many occasions when clubbers were rude to me & my friends because we weren't dressed down. Sorry if I like to look good when I go out & wearing cargos & sneakers isn't my thing..if you're only there to dance than why do you care so much?? I'm there to dance, listen to the DJ's...your "world" is just as much about fitting in as your trying to portray mine to be.

As for Avalon, it sounds like you're the one insecure with yourself to make comments like that. No one I hang with there drives a Porsche or a BMW..you're probably thinking of Intl Night (Thur) or Embassy..because thats not the Sat night crowd!!

It sounds like you are the one living in your own little world..because my friends & I aren't nearly as judgemental as you are & we're the ones that you are degrading.....

------------------

I dont really care either way.

I have gone to Avalon in the past couple of months and was not impressed with the crowd or the music.....such a beautiful room deserves a top notch night of music.

If you like it, more power to you and I agree I was generalizing when I said that the people are rich and stuck up (that certainly does pertain more to Thursdays).

In any case, Fridays at Lava Bar (not sure if you have ever been there) are one of the best nights out in the COUNTRY not just Boston. There were recognized in Mixer, Urb and Mix Mag as a top night out in the USA.

They have great DJs, good quality music and lots of hugh guests (Little Louie Vega, Miguel Migs, Kevin Yost etc).

Oh well, different strokes for different folks.

I used to go to Lava all the time but after Little Louie it seemed to change- I honestly haven't been there since (prob.) like July. The door guy used to make fun of me because I always dressed up..anyway at Little Louie (I was pretty much bombed by this point) I said f**k it & went downstairs to my car & put on my after hours clothes (tank top, sneaks, running pants) & went back in...anyway the door guy looks at me & says "It took you how long to realize you could dress like that here?? cwm4.gif Anyway, it was pretty funny! Its sounds weird to some people, but I feel more comfortable dressed up..I dunno I'm a little backwards I guess!!

------------------

sounds like a catfite!

i feel a lot of tension in this forum. i do enjoy thursday nites at chrome whenever i get a chance to go. i have a day job so it is hard. i go to places for:

1. the music

2. the dancing

c. the vibe

i usually bring my own vibe and ignore everyone else

------------------

"Keep on charging the enemy so long as there is life."

-ancient Chinese fortune cookie

I know its sounds catty..I'm just sick of others labeling 'Avalonites' (what certain clubbers refer to us as when we go into "their" club)...its what your feeling..not what you're wearing!!!

I love Chrome..although at DT I was told to "go back where I came from", etc...asked if I "even knew who DT was"..it was pretty brutal. Thats not cool!! I'm trying not to generalize & I'm sorry for being on the defensive...I don't want to add to the negativity- thats not my intention!!

------------------

cwm4.gif

HEY !!!! First of all.. id like to welcome myself to this message board. HI TUT! and kara.

Well, Roxy and Avalon are two different clubs....Oranges and Apples. They dont even compare.

And like DJ NAILZ says Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. So why is there a "debate" going on about peoples opinion. If you dont like avalon, dont go and shut ur mouth. If u dont like the Roxy, ditto.

Who cares.

Cant we talk about something more interesting than "i like the roxy... avalon sucks.... roxy sucks... avalon is better."

u sound like a bunch of kids. DAmn.

i just went to the Avalon last week. it was cool. and i agree with whoever said that you bring your own vibe, everywhere you go. if you want to have a great time, you do. it doesn't matter where you are. if your that picky about clubs I feel bad. just dance, man, have a good time and enjoy the beauty of it all.

Archived