Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roxy vs avalon

bggjg

Diamond Girl

In case you are not familiar with the way Internet Message Boards work, they are ALL OPINIONS....people come out here to discuss things and give their OPINIONS.

If someone asks a question about Avalon or Roxy or anything else, they WANT OPINIONS, HELLO. Not just from people who are in bed with the guys from Soundfactory, they want opinions from EVERYONE, good and bad.

If you dont like to hear people voice there opinions and state they dont like Avalon, then DONT READ THEM.

I think this debate was already worked out long before you came along and added your two cents.

Opinions are like @ssholes....Somehow I think that phrase was around a little longer than DJ Nailz...lol

Hope to hear nothing but FACTS from you out here.....cause if you ever state your opinion and someone disagrees with that opinion..WATCH OUT....they might tell you to SHUT UR MOUTH.

Ow gawwdd! That's like so gag me with a spoon that go comfortable stuff. I just want to dress it up a little, K? Those people who go to lava are sooooooooo, like, ya know, dirty! I cant even imagine going to like a Soul Revival or something, like, K, oooh sooo dirty, GAWD!

What would my fellow whores, I mean old sorority sisters think of me, I mean like, I wish my daddy would give me a porsche to pose with too!

OOOOH, GAWD, K SPARKEM, KARA, ooh gag me with a spoon I just want to be so fine, I mean like I need to dress myself up and be pretty yo be comfortable b/c I have something to prove.

Gross

Ok SPARKEM,

I do apologize, and I am sure that you are probably a cool person in real like (aka non internet) but the language used in your posts makes me nuts!

I have read many of your posts and agree with many of your opinions. On the soundfactory board I was reading your post on Disco 2000 at LL and was like yeah!

My question is, for somebody who seems to be in the know, seen a few things in her life, post in such a stuck up manner and in a way that makes you look like a snob?

Are you so caught up in the "strike a pose" nonsense of places like avalon (my guess is that you would love to go on thursday and wich you were foriegn, and think that everything in Europe is just better) that you have to post like a bitch.

And yeah, saying grow up to someone who doesnt like your style went out at the same time you stopped going to fraternity parties girl.

K' got it ? OW GAWD I hope so.

Hey..uh Mister CLean.. read your private messages.

I dont know who you are and you OBVIOUSLY dont know anything about me.... so why the hell are you trying to bash me? In bed with guys from soundfactory? Uh...Hey Nailz.. i hope he isnt refering to VENUS...cuz we all know AINT nothin going on there.... lol.

I never said i didnt like to hear peoples opinions.... luv them actually and thats why i read these posts.... what i dont like... is people haveing the same DUMB ass convos about roxy and avalon. This topic comes up over and over and over. Wouldnt it be nicer to talk about some thing else?

I think you need to scroll up and RE read what i wrote before you go running your mouth at me tough kid. Sounds like you might know who i am... so here is an idea... Since you know i go to venu and work at avalon... Come find me... and we'll talk. Tell me why u are so hostile towards me....cuz uh.. im not really getting the WHOLE PICTURE. And if you dont know where i am.. ill make it easy for you... Im at avalon EVERY friday and Saturday. Ask for marcela. Ill be waiting.

Later. Nailz. ps. u rock.

220bpm-

1) I am not a snob. No one has ever told me that I sound like one.

2) I did Thursday's at Avalon all summer (when I wasn't at Chrome.) I loved them- so shoot me I guess??

3) I happen to be a very open minded, well rounded individual. I can have fun anywhere because I love to meet new people. I find nothing wrong with limiting myself to one particular group.

4) So I was in a sorority- why does that bother you so much?? You don't even know what these girls were like- geeze they were ones that I went to LL with all the time!

I don't need some shithead hiding behind a computer tearing me apart- and I remember where all started & it's ridiculous. Therefore, I will refrain from posting here since it pisses you off so bad, k???

Kara

*MWAH*

------------------

"Close your eyes & dance like no one is watching"

220bpm-

1) I am not a snob. No one has ever told me that I sound like one.

2) I did Thursday's at Avalon all summer (when I wasn't at Chrome.) I loved them- so shoot me I guess??

3) I happen to be a very open minded, well rounded individual. I can have fun anywhere because I love to meet new people. I find nothing wrong with limiting myself to one particular group.

4) So I was in a sorority- why does that bother you so much?? You don't even know what these girls were like- geeze they were ones that I went to LL with all the time!

I don't need some shithead hiding behind a computer tearing me apart- and I remember where all started & it's ridiculous. Therefore, I will refrain from posting here since it pisses you off so bad, k???

Kara

*MWAH*

------------------

"Close your eyes & dance like no one is watching"

mr. kleen.

glad that u and i could work out our differences. wish that sparkem and bpm could too.

spakem is a cool shit and i know that she is not a snob. have u ever met her? she is such a nice girl. MWAH k.

ok... going to exit in a few minutes.... later.

mr. kleen.. check ur messages.

Originally posted by mrkleen2000:

Anytime Nailz…..

Just wanted to let your fan club know that not everyone is into the little Euro Trance Scene at Avalon/ Venu.

Different strokes for different folks…..whatever makes you happy.

mrkleen-hmm...just wanted to add a little something on to that quote- "Opinions are like assholes...and most of yours stink"

The way you describe avalon and venue as some kind of "little euro trance night"-that's funny because nailz, manolo, and all the guests djs there spin a lot more than just trance and it's not all euro style

A lot of what they spin is spun in the best clubs in NYC every weekend which you might know if you've ever REALLY gone clubbing

Also Nailz isn't my fav dj but he's pretty new and he gets better and better every weekend and Manolo's been around for awhile and he spins fuckin great so you should hold back on your belittling language until you become a little more open-minded or experienced

I have only been to Roxy once, but it was enough to make me not want to go back. I love avalon, especially the way it transforms itself every night. The guest dj's on saturdays just put it over the top. I don't think there can be an argument about this, Avalon rocks.

• 3 years later...

So what would you guys suggest to a guest from California that is only able to go out on Saturday night? I'll be there on 12/13 and am looking for somewhere to o out to. I was ruling out Avalon, cuz it looked like it was playing hip hop and cheesy dance mixes on Sat nights. Is there any suggestions for a good club on Sat night? And anyone want to sponsor me to check out Rise that night too? That sounds like it's worth checking out.

Archived