Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matt-ix

Best club in Boston?

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm traveling to Boston on business over the Halloween weekend. I'd like to hit the town Fri.-Mon. but I have no idea where to go. Any suggestions?

FYI, I'm 26 and I'm not really into the hardcore dance/trance/house/whatever they call it scene. I'll definitely check out Polly Esthers because theres one here in Denver and I like it. I like pretty much anything that's not too extreme so please give me the head's up. Directions would help too. Thanx...

Matt

Check out the 'Ally'. There are a ton of Bar-Clubs in there and its always packed. Maybe the Big Easy or Sugar Shack. Lanesdown Street has a ton of stuff, I would suggest Atlas or Jillians. I think that the Polly Esthers here might dissappoint you, most people go to the Jukebox for the 70-80's music. If you want an upscale meat-market check out The Rack in Fanuall Hall. F.H. has a ton of stuff too but they are all pretty small. I dont hit these places any more so I cant tell you what is good on which night.

If you rent a car you might want to check out Salem at some point (day or night)...its like Mardi Gras this time of year; you can go to bars anytime. Its pretty easy to get to off the highway and its a georgeous little area.

Your best bet is to take cabs to all of these places. The layout of the city is pretty confusing if you dont know your way around. Best of luck and have fun! cwm9.gif

Well, aren't you just a ray of fucking sunshine...

Originally posted by darth_smoothies:

i think you want <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.stupidclubplanet.com" TARGET=_blank>www.stupidclubplanet.com</A>

So, what exactly is so awful about Polly Esther's? I've just moved to the Boston area from Texas and am under the impression that it has several floors w/ different themes....? We had one like that in El Paso.

yup,

the poly esthas is ok...

the club is cut from a mold.

if you want the same exact thing as you had in tx, go there.

ive been to 5 different poly's and i swear its the same exact place in every town

but if your goin to be in that area this weekend:

pop in the shamrock and say hi, ill be there.

and kid capri @ the top kat on sat

------------------

djjoshuacarl.com

[O!]{}[O!]

Originally posted by FAYTH1974:

So, what exactly is so awful about Polly Esther's? I've just moved to the Boston area from Texas and am under the impression that it has several floors w/ different themes....? We had one like that in El Paso.

I didnt say it was 'awful'! I simply said that he might be disappointed. I heard from some friends that have been to the one in DC and a few others and they said it wasnt as good.

cwm8.gif

hello ~h~: i had to come on and say hello.

there are tons of clubs in Boston. pick up the boston phenix and look them up. everything from bars to dance clubs. big, small , in between...

everything