Clubplanet Nightlife Community

X death in Hartford?

translucent

I heard something about some Boston kid dying at a Hartford club recently and his friend winding up in the ER. The news labeled it an "extasy death" while at the same time admitting that the kids also drank that night and did other drugs. Does anyone have any info on what happened? Is there more bad E out there or were the kids victims of their own overindulgence?

------------------

translucent_figure.gif

the kid and his buddy "drank enormous amounts of alcohol," snorted coke, and took E ("Drugs Blamed In Death Of Teen" http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/wcvb/20010108/lo/285378_1.html). the press and the cops, of course, blame the ecstacy.

this exemplifies how we justify spending so much money on our governments war on drugs! alcohol is toxic in any quantity, while E is only toxic in massive doses-- which is apparently not the case in this kids death. so how can they responsibly blame E? answer-- they cant. they are irresponsible. irresponsible journalism and irresponsible police reporting are very dangerous for the public health. i pray they stop doing it.

with this story they could responsibly focus on effects of overindulgance. instead they choose to use it as part of their agenda to fight the rising popularity of ecstacy.

what assholes. the lies they spread are going to discredit the actual truths that E, C, G, K, or whatever, can be bad for you, but arent necessarily going to kill you outright. by discrediting themselves, the news and the cops are effectively causing the future deaths of more kids who dont have these two potentially beneficial resources (news, cops) to help them.

at least the cops will get their federal funding for the war on drugs next year, right? at least the news orgs will still get their advertising dollars from anheiser-busch, right? no, it would be better to value truth over $$$ and use honesty to save lives.

------------------

i love music!

Archived