Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ANYONE SICK OF VENU YET?

theghost

i agree with DJ Rick and DJ Lenny.

First of all, go to Venu or Absolute or Paradise or wherever for the music and the style.

If you are too concerned about the little raver chicks or the girls with attitudes, you might just be trying to hard to get laid !!! OK, I said it... if you are out having a great time, no attitude, and are friendly, you won't leave feeling like Casper the Ghost...invisible... the vibe starts with you... i am sure many of those same girls have no problem hanging all over some other guys, just find an atmosphere you feel that you click in... and go for it.

Just go out with your friends and have a great night.

And by the way, we all know that a certain percentage of people will rotate from Venu or Paradise or Absolute, that is just common place... there are plenty of people to make any one of those places a huge success.

You guys have some of the BEST DJ's iin the COUNTRY around you. I say check em all out and then choose your night based on your moods....

DJ Rick, can't wait to see you in NYC soon...

And lastly, about promoters... they ought to take some clues from the DJ's... If you ever notice, ( with the exception of a very few attitudes... not naming names...), most of the GOOD Boston DJ's all support each other's efforts.... Manny, Lenny, Rick, McGyver, Nailz... I never hear shit from them...as a matter of fact... they work with each other when it helps them all...AND the promoters work well with them too, they are couacheable. I wish the promoters would try to network too instead of trying to outbid each other, slashing each other at times, hey the club owners are the only ones that win in that scenario... they get the extra cash... so work together....

CBX

i agree with carmine 100%. I am so sick of hearing promoters trash each other's nights. Do you know how ridiculous you guys sound. My night is better than yours bullshit. All your doing is reinforcing the opinion that most people have of promoters.

Too bad the DJs that Carmine mentioned are all in each other's pockets....and HARDLY the best DJs in Boston......

The most hyped (by their own friends) on these types of board..YES....the best DJs in Boston.....NO WAY.

The Best DJs in Boston are Steve Porter, DJ Bruno, Tym Ryan, Ali Ajami, John Debo, Osheen, Fran Engelhardt...people who play REAL MUSIC in REAL CLUBS.....NO cheesy ass Trance, no crappy euro pop.....straight up, progressive beats, deep house and techno...

Ask anyone outside of these smalled minded message boards, if they know any of Carmine's DJs......

Then ask them if they know John Debo or Tym Ryan.....

nuff said.

ohhh ohhh yeah???

well... why dont yall come to a real night huh??

Jimmi PLunkett @ the shamrock huh?

yeah thats what I thought!

you'll cant handle it huh?

"laying it on pretty think"

I dont think you guyz realize how good you got it w/ all these options?

why eat chicken soup every thursday?

get out there! travel. VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE!

i plan on checking out absolute!

ive been to venu/axis/paradise, they all offer a great night!!

so why not hit em all?

Originally posted by mrkleen2000:

Too bad the DJs that Carmine mentioned are all in each other's pockets....and HARDLY the best DJs in Boston......

The most hyped (by their own friends) on these types of board..YES....the best DJs in Boston.....NO WAY.

The Best DJs in Boston are Steve Porter, DJ Bruno, Tym Ryan, Ali Ajami, John Debo, Osheen, Fran Engelhardt...people who play REAL MUSIC in REAL CLUBS.....NO cheesy ass Trance, no crappy euro pop.....straight up, progressive beats, deep house and techno...

Ask anyone outside of these smalled minded message boards, if they know any of Carmine's DJs......

Then ask them if they know John Debo or Tym Ryan.....

nuff said.

I agree that some of the DJ's you listed are (technically) very good DJ's and don't receive enough reconition. BUT you cannot say that just because DJ's such as Rick, Manny, Nailz, MacGuyver, etc are heavily promted by "their friends on boards like this" that they are not good DJ's. Just because you do not like their style does not mean they suck....geeze I'm not a huge fan of Ali's style but I do not think he sucks.

Sure, Debo & Ryan may be reconized outside of Boston, but it's not all for good reasons. Manny was a Billboard reporter & a track of his, "Bolero" reached the low 20's (someone help me out here) on the Billboard dance charts. I know he has also just finished a new track which he played when he opened for Seb a couple weeks ago and it was really good.

MacGuyver- Have you ever HEARD him??? I'm guessing no because, according to you, he plays "real music." I guessing you're also not aware that his track "Is Calling" was a factory favorite all fall & winter & he's one of the most talked about "underground" DJ's out there right now. I was in NYC this weekend & do you know how many people asked me about him??

Rick Naples- Ok...NASTY SICK DJ. Have you ever listened to him?? Again, I'm thinking no because he to spins the "real music" you crave. Check him out at Deja Vu next Sat..

Nailz- Jeremy has only been spinning for like 2 years & he's farther along than most people are at this point in their career's. RAW TALENT that just needs some fine tuning. The kid can read a crowd like no other & he always spins with such energy.

Lenny C- Unforunately I've never heard him spin so I can't comment on him... frown.gif

Sure, Manny may play some "cheesy Euro House" because he has the longest running Intl Night in the city, so is it bad that he's spinning music that the crowd wants to hear?? Isn't that what a DJ should do?

It seems that you are holding it against them that they have made it big in Boston. Is that so bad?

Just my thoughts...

kara

------------------

"Close your eyes & dance like no one is watching"

this is in reply of MRKLEEN2000:

ok, you mention that these DJ's are in each other's pockets... hmmmmm, lets see...

Sounds like to me that you are probably a raver and as such, are way into YOUR little click, and therefore, you hear about names of DJ's that ravers tend to associate with more. Are the names of the DJ's you mention good? I don't know all of them but I am sure they are good but they also have a different circle of friends... and maybe their friends can't afford good clothes to go to a club or can't afford a computer so they don't post... whatever the case, they aren't vocal and you get pissed over that....

But I am not going there with your game and attitude.

Maybe the DJ's that I mentioned are in each other's pockets... let's say they are... what does that mean?

Rick Naples, Whelan, DeSimone, Nailz, Manolo, Lenny C, Freddie C, McGyver... I would say , for the mostpart that they are all good friends or at the very least, have a mutual respect for each other and the scene. Yes, if Lenny needs something, he can call Manolo for a favor. If Rick has something to offer, he calls another DJ and works something out... So, if it means that you are in someone's pocket because you would do whatever to help each other out, then you are right. What the fuck... Boston is trying to network and get things started and going, the DJ's, the promoters, they are at saturation right now in Bosotn, so everyone helps everyone else... I never have heard Osheen or Tim Ryan spin BUT I have heard OF them, it doesn't make them bad because my circle doesn't include yours and neither do my names suck because they are not part of your militant raver style, counter cultural ideologies.....

Where does that leave your list?

Too bad being good friends puts me in someone's pocket... if that is the case, then so be it.

It's too bad that people like you don't have a respect for DJ's and theri styles, too bad you have your little click and defend it like it meant your whole life and completely denounce some of the ones mentioned in this board. If your freakin list of so-called wonderboys were that good, why isn't anyone so enthraulled by the mention of their names? I am sure they are good but so are many others too... As an example, I love good food but I am sure there are tons of excellent restaurants that I haven't even heard mention of that are good, it's all where you hang... problem is, you are into clicks, I am into networking and meeting new friends annd break this click shit...

Hey, asshole, do this... go to NY and mention Lenny C, mention Naples, mention Manolo to Vicious, Scribbles, Johnathan Peters, Boris, Junior Sanchez, Eddie Baez, Plasmic Honey, etc....... ask them if the names I mentioned aren't the biggest thing in Boston.... being top DJ's in their respective scenes, I am sure that the NYC DJ's don't have to agreee unless it was right.

My names are known in NYC because NYC has an attitude too, they look down to anybody and anything that is slightly behind where they are at... they think they are it so they know their own but no one else... plus, if someone does make it big, they tend to move elsewhere for the contacts and the promotions... nothing wrong with that either...

So, what I just saw was that you bashed this scene and I got pissed.... YOU are the one who wishes you were tight in with some of these names just enough to say that you even know them.

Those names are mentioned on this board because they are the ones that are known... get some of your sorry ass friends to come to this board and we will have a little more diversity, maybe you can even hang your flag out and claim independence... JERK!!!!!

[This message has been edited by cbx143 (edited 02-18-2001).]

Archived