Clubplanet Nightlife Community

red sox-- is it possible...?

spillway8

Even though I have been a red sox fan since birth......and I think they will make it to the playoffs and the ALCS next year. I see them suffering the Curse of the Bambino again and fall to the Yankees in 7. Once again leaving us to realize that just like the club scene in boston, nothin compares to nyc.

is it possible that duquette and the sox are actually making a bid for a championship? apparently. unlike our hockey team, it appears that baseball in boston knows that you have to shell out the big $$$ to get the marque players that *give you the shot to win it all.*

unfortunately, theyve opened the door to salary hell. with the huge amount of money thats going to our new slugger, manny ramirez, how much do you think pedro martinez will want when his contract runs out?

the sox might as well scrape up every last dime they can get and go for it this year. theres no turning back.

--- IT WILL HAPPEN!!! ---

saturday, september 1, 2001:

boston, massachusetts

bottom of the 8th

batting 3rd-- nomahhhhhh gahh-cia-pahh-rahh!

batting 4th-- mann-yyyyyyyyyyy raaaa-mir-ez!

batting 5th-- caaaaaaaaallll evvvvvvv-rhett!

"...and with pedro pitching a no hitter going into the ninth inning, jerry, it looks as if the sox are going to wrest the 2001 AL pennant from the defeated world champion yankees. what a fitting finale for one of the last regular season meetups, ever, between these two storied teams in historical fenway park!"

------------------

i love music!

[This message has been edited by sirdante (edited 12-13-2000).]

Originally posted by tut:

I am a die hard BoSox fan..but unless we get someone else to help out Pedro, we'll keep saying.."wait till next year"

this is about the red sox ERA, best in AL, last season. its from netscape sports:

"Contrary to what many think, the Red Sox pitching staff wasn't a one-man show. If Pedro Martinez's numbers are backed out, the Sox ERA rises to 4.67. That still would have ranked fourth in the AL. And it would have been good enough to beat the world champion Yankees' 4.76 ERA."

more help would be nice, but we havent lost anybody from the staff. if the pitching is as good as last year, the sox will have a real chance at the pennant this year. lets go red sox!

------------------

i love music!

• 1 month later...

since i cant bump up this topic from the NY board, and since its time for spring training, i thought id post the link below. this is for anyone else who likes sports talk drama. i dont know why i put myself thru this, must be something in the water around here thats makes b-town sports fans so masochistic.

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/002183.html

------------------

i love music!

I will have to agree with the guy who posted before me with all his comments!! History does not allow any sox fan to gloat about losing!!! I will have to see it to believe it!! The Sox's offense has improved immensely but there is a lot of questions regarding the rotation can it hold up for a 162 games? One last thing being that I lived in Boston but not from there I would give the division to the Sox if they were not in the same division as the yanks!!! I like the make up of the sox and give respect to pedro but the Yanks are too much!!! The Yanks still have to win their games but they should do it no problem!!! Go Yanks!!

[This message has been edited by klubbheadsor (edited 02-15-2001).]

Archived