Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question about the Roxy??????

panoba

Im a NYC DJ and have been to the Roxy in Boston tons of times when I visit my friends up there and have one question. Roxy is a good venue with hot girls and cool people but the music is AWFUL!!!!! I have never heard a DJ in a venue like that be so horrible. Why is that??? The owners can get a DJ from down here or anywhere for that matter that would light that place up. He soesn't even deserve to be there no less spin. Why??

I understand that the place is always packed so why change it up. But the fact remains that if you have a better DJ people have a better time therefore party harder and spend more at the bar. Thats a proven fact and I can't understand why he is there! DJ Adilson is horrible so please Roxy hire a better DJ!! I actually heard Baja Men being played there. cwm44.gif

i hate to break this to you but most of the clubs here are like that. we have just been spoiled by nyc.

------------------

"I always get what I aim for and your heart and soul is what I came for"

<3 920-143 <3

This definitely won't give you an answer but unfortunately this is how it is. The Roxy is a Boston club that's been around for years. It's got a really faithful following and like some other posts said that place is more about being seen, not about the music. They bring in Guest DJ's once in awhile but even that is few and far between. I wouldn't even know how to go about changing things like that either.

------------------

"I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the community... and as long as I live, it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work, the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for a moment and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations."

-- George Bernard Shaw, Irish Playwright (Energize)

I would have to agree with everyone about the Roxy. It is definetly a people watching place, people go there and are regulars, they go there to look at what other people are wearing not what music is playing. It's pretty sad too because that place is huge, it would be awesome if they got some good international DJ'ing talent in there. Most of the people that go there are just getting into the scene, or don't know much about real music and think that the music that is playing is the real good music played in clubs like NYC. Sorry to be so downon my own city but it's true!

I would have to agree with panoba. I've ventured up there to visit some friends from Boston and that is probably the worst DJ I have ever heard in a club. Roxy is definetly about people watching but why not have a DJ that'll tear it up. International DJ isn't needed, just someone with some new music that won't repeat the same songs over and over for three months! Ohh well just a thought. Good luck Boston cwm31.gif

------------------

"Anybody can mix two records together but it takes a DJ to be able to do it creativley and make new sound out of that music" --A great wise man

"Spinning is like creating a new world in that room for that one night. You create a one night oblivion where nothing outside that room matters, all that matters is feeling the music and loving every second of it." --Another great wise man

Archived