Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NY vs Boston trash talk from NY board (sports)

sirdante

i am making a new thread of this here. it began on the new york board where p00h and nyc420 were showing their yankees pride and not only dissing bostons sports teams but also verbally spewing filth upon our fine city!

Originally posted by nyc420:

I don't think so my little Boston Bitch. 1918 will haunt Boston till the day you die, as will Bill Buckner and Bucky Dent. Just face the facts...Boston is by far the worst city in the NE. Every team there blows and not one of them has made the post-season in like 2 or 3 years. That's so brutal! Almost as brutal as all the bars and clubs in Boston shutting down at 2am....Sweet fucking city!

you say "every team [in boston] blows." huh...?!? pls at least attempt to use your totally baked brain. take a look back down here at planet reality. since you are such a history buff (1918, bill buckner, etc), lets talk sports history...

cool.gif

BASKETBALL: boston dominates more than any team in any pro sport

------------------------------------------------------------------

"They don't have as many championships as hockey's Montreal Canadiens (24 Stanley Cup inscriptions) or baseball's New York Yankees (22 World Series rings). But at little more than half that age, the Celtics have a far superior title ratio while collecting those 16 NBA crowns. And the Celtics' eight consecutive championships from 1959 through 1966 easily surpass the five straight won by the 1949-53 Yankees and 1956-60 Canadiens. Nor can any team approach the Celtics' domination of nine championships in 10 years and 11 in 13 seasons." (http://www.nba.com/celtics/history/50years_t

radition.html)

cool.gif

HOCKEY: 3rd winningest team, ever

(your rangers miss the top 10, but

i suppose that this year you are

suddenly a devils fan)

-----------------------------------

Team Gms Won Lost Tie Pts* Pts.%

Montreal 5218 2714 1702 801 6234 .597

Philadel 2604 1298 898 408 3007 .576 Boston 5058 2408 1899 751 5573 .551

Buffalo 2378 1112 890 376 2604 .547

Edmonton 1666 791 660 215 1805 .529

Calgary 2222 1012 878 332 2361 .529

Detroit 4992 2163 2074 775 5103 .511

NY Islan 2222 976 936 310 2263 .508

St. Loui 2604 1122 1092 390 2635 .505

Florida 542 226 225 91 549 .503

cool.gif

last, but certainly not least:

the current standings in the AL east

------------------------------------

W L PCT GB STREAK

1. Red Sox 32 22 .593 - Won 5

2. Yankees 30 24 .556 2 Lost 1

...winning is something you yanks fans understand. its also something we know well up here in btown! WTF is wrong with you ppl, cant you admit that theres more than one cool city on this planet?

(BTW, boston is a beautiful place filled with charming neighborhoods, fine art and tasteful architecture, shops, restrnts, fine ppl, low crime, and rich historical context. at 2AM the after parties are just getting started, its only that the serving of alcohol stops at 2AM-- so what? you think the public consumption of alcohol at a bar is the only way to party?!)

------------------

i love music!

1918!!

We beat your asses again last night. Martinez hit a 2-run homer but it just wasn't enough!

Pedro just needs to stop pitching against the Yanks, it's killing his numbers. His last 8 games against the yanks he has won 1 game, wow Pedro you rule against shitty teams but against a powerhouse like the Yanks you just can't handle it.

Red Sox= cwm8.gif

Just think all I wanted to do is out some info on the Avalon.

Last time I checked, this was a CLUB message board. Looks like some people accidently thought they were on the ESPN message board.

To the New Yorker: in my humble opinion, Avalon is your best bet for a solid night out (at least the first half of the night...'til 2 am). The afterhours are, unfortunately, limited but still pretty good. The resident at Avalon is amazing, and they host all the great DJ's when they pass through town.

------------------

I am like a mosquito in a nudist colony; I know what I must do, but not where to begin.

-Francis Bacon

I just felt the need to post this quick message to Panoba.

P Martinez IP-6, H-6, R-3, ER-3, BB-1, SO-10, HR-1, PC-ST 90-61 ERA-1.66

Now, I'm not trying to put drama here, I just wanted you to read these stats about Martinez's performance on Monday night against the Yanks. Martinez was pulled with the lead and 10 stikeouts in six innings. So please, tell me how is it that Martinez sucks against the powerteams? And if I remember correctly he went 8 innings against Petite with 13 strikeouts and the win the last time those two met.

And something else for NYC420. You said not one NE team has even made the post season in 2-3 years. Check that-2 seasons ago the Bruins go to the second round of the playoffs. Granted they haven't repeated but they seem to keep doing better than the Rangers or the Islanders. Secondly, two seasons ago the Red Sox go to the ALCS against the Yanks, which yes, the Yanks did win, but we were there.

I just needed to get that out there. Thank You.

------------------

"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

[This message has been edited by bmitch1114 (edited 06-06-2001).]

Originally posted by raginboston:

Last time I checked, this was a CLUB message board. Looks like some people accidently thought they were on the ESPN message board

ouch! look at you! showing off such cleverness by saying what "some people accidently thought." actually, this is a NIGHTLIFE msg brd-- or technically a "NIGHTLIFESTYLE" msg brd. some of us occasionally go to landsdowne street to catch a ballgame or hit a bar. its part of my lifestyle, so pls show some respect.

------------------

i love music!

Originally posted by panoba:

1918!!

We beat your asses again last night. Martinez hit a 2-run homer but it just wasn't enough!

Pedro just needs to stop pitching against the Yanks, it's killing his numbers. His last 8 games against the yanks he has won 1 game, wow Pedro you rule against shitty teams but against a powerhouse like the Yanks you just can't handle it.

Red Sox= cwm8.gif

Just think all I wanted to do is out some info on the Avalon.

pedro "cant handle" the yanks?!?! umm... i think his ERA vs yankmees is like 2.10. wouldnt most pitchers love a 2.10 avg overall, let alone vs your "powerhouse" yanks?

------------------

i love music!

Originally posted by bmitch1114:

I just felt the need to post this quick message to Panoba.

P Martinez IP-6, H-6, R-3, ER-3, BB-1, SO-10, HR-1, PC-ST 90-61 ERA-1.66

Now, I'm not trying to put drama here, I just wanted you to read these stats about Martinez's performance on Monday night against the Yanks. Martinez was pulled with the lead and 10 stikeouts in six innings. So please, tell me how is it that Martinez sucks against the powerteams? And if I remember correctly he went 8 innings against Petite with 13 strikeouts and the win the last time those two met.

And something else for NYC420. You said not one NE team has even made the post season in 2-3 years. Check that-2 seasons ago the Bruins go to the second round of the playoffs. Granted they haven't repeated but they seem to keep doing better than the Rangers or the Islanders. Secondly, two seasons ago the Red Sox go to the ALCS against the Yanks, which yes, the Yanks did win, but we were there.

I just needed to get that out there. Thank You.

yeah, its funny how last year was the only time in our lifetimes that all four boston teams did not make the playoffs and NYC420 has already exaggerated that into "2-3 years." the only reason why i get into it with these guys is bc i cant understand why NYCers feel the need to put down everything about our city.

boston is a charming, safe, classy gem of a city. NYC is an unbelievably fun place. in different regards, theres no sense comparing the two.

------------------

i love music!

Originally posted by sirdante:

boston is a charming, safe, classy gem of a city. NYC is an unbelievably fun place. in different regards, theres no sense comparing the two.

Boston is "safe"?? Last time I went to Boston I went to Thaniel Hall (not sure of the spelling) and when the bars got out I watched two kids get beaten almost to death by seven drunk dudes. You call that safe or even classy?? The next night I saw some kid throw a brick through a windshield as he passed a car... safe????

Im no hippocrit because I've seen some awful things in the city. But nothing that went on for that long before the cops came and broke it up. Sorry I wouldn't consider that safe.

Hey sirdante, I mean no disrespect for those that wish to discuss nightlife on this board, but it's my humble opinion that people come together to a board like this because of a mutual interest in the club scene, music...whatever.

The Sox vs. Yankees argument can go on forever, and gets its due credit every single day on the ESPN board. A person can very easily get tired of the "You suck." "No, you suck." thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm a lifelong member of Red Sox nation, and love Boston as one of the best cities in the country. Personally, I don't like NYC too much, but that's just me...I have my reasons, they have theirs. I can spout Sox stats until the Citgo sign goes dead, and I agree that Boston sports doesn't get enough credit.....

Again, I mean no disrespect to anyone that wants to make their opinions known.....I just personally like this board a lot more when people talk about the things that make either city great instead of why each city is so much worse than the other.

------------------

I am like a mosquito in a nudist colony; I know what I must do, but not where to begin.

-Francis Bacon

Originally posted by raginboston:

Hey sirdante, I mean no disrespect for those that wish to discuss nightlife on this board, but it's my humble opinion that people come together to a board like this because of a mutual interest in the club scene, music...whatever.

The Sox vs. Yankees argument can go on forever, and gets its due credit every single day on the ESPN board. A person can very easily get tired of the "You suck." "No, you suck." thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm a lifelong member of Red Sox nation, and love Boston as one of the best cities in the country. Personally, I don't like NYC too much, but that's just me...I have my reasons, they have theirs. I can spout Sox stats until the Citgo sign goes dead, and I agree that Boston sports doesn't get enough credit.....

Again, I mean no disrespect to anyone that wants to make their opinions known.....I just personally like this board a lot more when people talk about the things that make either city great instead of why each city is so much worse than the other.

np. thanks for your reply.

i hear your point in there-- positivity and all. i agree. however, i think the yanks vs sox thing is about as harmless as board drama can get. look at the stuff that the moderators bump to the NY Drama board (i dont think anyone actually starts posts there) and you will see exactly what i mean. i am actually the one who goes on the NY board and starts the yankmees vs redsux drama, but its always in good fun and i always put a topic description that fairly warns ppl that this i not a post about parties or music.

also, what should and should not get discussed on this board has been debated since before we got here. IMO the general agreement is that there is plenty of room for off-topic discussions. just bc we all like the same things doesnt mean we always have to talk about the same things.

CPers all have a fun-loving nature in common. most folks on other boards are dull, IMO. its good fun to get the clubbers perspectives on things like sports, current events, etc.

------------------

i love music!

Originally posted by panoba:

Boston is "safe"?? Last time I went to Boston I went to Thaniel Hall (not sure of the spelling) and when the bars got out I watched two kids get beaten almost to death by seven drunk dudes. You call that safe or even classy?? The next night I saw some kid throw a brick through a windshield as he passed a car... safe????

Im no hippocrit because I've seen some awful things in the city. But nothing that went on for that long before the cops came and broke it up. Sorry I wouldn't consider that safe.

i didnt say it was candyland. its not a place filled with birds and turtles. its filled with ppl. when you put enuf ppl in one place u will get plenty of asssholes.

i was speaking, obviously, of *relative* safety. that is, when comparing boston to NYC i am very correct in calling boston a "safe" place.

------------------

i love music!

Nice to know the Red Sox doubled their teams Championship ring collection when they got David Cone. . . a former yankee.

But forget that, NYC and Boston are always gonna fight. Why? Cuz NYC is great and we know it. Boston might be great too(i've only been there once and thats a long story) but how can you not hate those damn New Yorkers who think who they are and always rub it it.

To settle the score, i say we head down to philly to settle this. . .actually, we might as well forget our differences and just kick ass in philly. I mean what the hell is a team called a Philly anyway? Like the New York New Yorkies or the Boston Bostonies? what is that? cwm19.gif

Lets just hope the Lakers beat the 76ers. And i'm not saying anything bad about the Celtics, but as a Knick fan it is my duty to hate the Celtics. Well, the Celtics and the Heat and the Pacers and the Raptors and the Spurs and Reggie Miller, but once again i'm getting sidetracked. cwm12.gif

on a lighter note. . . . i hope some of you guys and girls can show me a good time when i come up to Boston to visit. We can fight after the baseball game and make up for it over a drink and some dancing. cwm30.gif

------------------

I am Karma's henchman. A prophet if you will. We all deserve some kind of Karma. Whether it be good or bad, it is my duty to bring it uppon you. No thanks needed, I actually enjoy my job.

[This message has been edited by dmtgod (edited 06-13-2001).]

• 2 weeks later...

I trhink I speak for most New Yorkers when I say we don't hate boston. As a matter of fact I think boston is Phat.. But the yanks are the better team...LOL

------------------

~~all those who dance may enter my life~~

Originally posted by nitro449:

I trhink I speak for most New Yorkers when I say we don't hate boston. As a matter of fact I think boston is Phat.. But the yanks are the better team cwm8.gif ...LOL

I don't know about the Yanks being a better team. Come on now.

------------------

I'm not in this world to live up to other people's expectations, nor do I feel that the world must live up to mine

--Fritz Perls

Archived