Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The New Club Review Section

lalate

Originally posted by alex90028

Is red all asians or does it mix up a little now?!>!>!?!>!

I heard some people had a hard time there socializing if there are not asians....I personally never been(well been to Arena since it opend 13 years ago, but not to Red) , but maybe I was just talking t ounsocial people , lol....

hey, weyes, how come I am still NEW TO THE BOARD!>?!?!? I signed up a year ago......... :rolleyes:

yeah, red is at least 80% asian, i'd guess. but doesn't that go with the territory of trance? red is generally trance; on nights when the main dj is house-y (i.e. donald glaude) there's a markedly more integrated crowd.

as for the status, it depends on your number of posts, not how long you've been on the board. i think the whole notion of status is silly anyway; these titles don't mean anyone is more interesting/valid/cool than anyone else :blank: . hell, you could just postwhore and that'll make you a "god" and beyond!

• 2 weeks later...

VENUE: Warehouse Party

PROMOTION: None

Decor: 10. wow. Goregous space for this one time party.

People/vibe: 4. people are nice, but not enough of them, and bad ratios

Parking: 10. Right on the street

Cover: $15-$20, depending on who u knew.

A one time party --- called what, no clue --- about what, no clue -- for what, no clue --- greatest music heard in ages (just exceptional) --- the space was great. Just needed more people.

Originally posted by lalate

afterhours (sat morning) -

str8, no alcohol, expensive, pretty people

Hi lalate, I used to work at AD when it was the Playroom. What's the afterhours like now on Sat. mornings (411 on djs, music, cover, etc)? Thanks in advance.

C

ps

hi weyes! :)

• 2 weeks later...

VENUE: REIGN

NIGHT YOU ATTENDED: SATURDAY

PROMOTION: YES

Decor: 8. Great flow of rooms. We love a venue with a lot of different rooms that aren't all square box. This place was nice. Not huge, not small.

The floor we'd change! LOL. The white washed hardwood floors are nice for a restaurant but a little too nice for a club. The lighting was great ---- been SOOO tired of venues too dark you can't see people.

People/vibe: 6. people are very nice, not that good looking. Ratios were great -- almost 1 to 1.

Parking: 10. parking in the neighborhood everywhere.

Best thing: music was very good, floor plan excellent, and drink prices very good.

What would we change --- oh mannnnn --- a) the bars! You need more bartenders!!! Why don't venues understand that. Go to Red Rock and you see a guy pouring a drink every 30 seconds. Go to Reign and they pour one every 3 minutes. That's money lost! There was (after the open bar promotion) a 20 minute wait for a beer! (And they have 3 bars!) Hire staff- you're loosing money.

Other thing - B) omg -- the restrooms --- ready for this, a big venue - with only two indivdiual restrooms for the ENTIRE venue! Yep. The restroom line was onto the dancefloor! 40 minute wait! Yep.

Would i go back? yep. Had fun.

(And for some shameless plug -- you could have gone to Joya that night and had open bar for one hour and drove down the street to Reign and have another one hour of open bar! lol)

I had the total opposite impression of REIGN.

First off, the people who work there are rude. I thought there was no flow between the room WHAT SO EVER, lol....the back room for dancing is just that, a room with 4 walls. That's it. Awful design. Just Awful....

I went twice and you sure will me there again....

Just wait, I give that place 2 more months......

Stuff About Me, Cool Clubs In L.A. & More On My Site >>>> http://alexatucla.tripod.com/welcome.html

Yeah the backroom needs some decore. (And to turn off ESPN from the flatscreens during a promoted night! lol)

The front room has a great floorplan with different sections, skylights, loftlike VIP room with skylights to the sky. Very nice and packed packed packed.

• 1 month later...

VENUE: Circus

NIGHT YOU ATTENDED: Saturday

PROMOTION THAT NIGHT: NONE

(1-10, 10 being best)

Decore: 10

Buzz: 9

People's Hot'ness: 9

People's Niceness: 10

Street Parking: None, yet valet parking okay.

Cover: Only $10 if you can get there b4 9:30- $25 after

Best Thing: Outstanding main dance floor with awesome decorations/ lasers/ go-go dancers/ sheer curtain vip area/ multiple pulldown screens/ 2nd-room getting better too to compete with main room. Upstairs great chillout area. Smoking patio best hangout spot.

Things You'd Change: the general admission line. security checkpoint makes it a little longer. however, presale ticket line almost no waiting.

Would you go Back: Yes. Super nice, great people, great dancers.

Venue # 12

Club #12 - Ludacris Party @ Highlands

NIGHT YOU ATTENDED: MONDAY

PROMOTION THAT NIGHT: YES

(1-10, 10 being best)

Decore: 8

Buzz: 10

People's Hot'ness: 8

People's Niceness: 8

Lot - reasonable

Cover: None with LALate

Well this was a killer party with Ludacris live in concert for free sponsored by BudLight with free giveaways. Hot DJ music. Best Highlands crowd in recent memory. What a great super super VIP (almost redcarpet) party. So exclusive and worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Lot of venues the last week.... catching up... enjoy.

Venue # 13

Club #13 - Wednesday @ White Lotus

NIGHT YOU ATTENDED: Wed

(1-10, 10 being best)

Buzz: 1,000 lol

People's Niceness: 8 amazing

Lot - $$$

Cover: Discount with LALate

Would we go back - yes.

Venue # 14

Club #14 - Wednesday @ Ivar

(1-10, 10 being best)

Buzz: 10 lol

People's Hot'ness: 6

People's Niceness: 9 amazing

Lot - $$$

Cover: Discount with LALate

Would we go back - not unless better door.

Venue # 15

Club #15 - Thursday @ Cinespace

NIGHT YOU ATTENDED: Thurs

(1-10, 10 being best)

Decore: 9

People's Hot'ness: 7

Lot - $$$

Would we go back - yes. Nice groove.

Venue # 16

Club #16 - Wed @ Nacional

(1-10, 10 being best)

Buzz: 8

Lot - cheap

Cover: None or $5 with LALate

VENUE: REIGN

NIGHT YOU ATTENDED: SATURDAY

PROMOTION: YES

Decor: 8. Great flow of rooms. We love a venue with a lot of different rooms that aren't all square box. This place was nice. Not huge, not small.

The floor we'd change! LOL. The white washed hardwood floors are nice for a restaurant but a little too nice for a club. The lighting was great ---- been SOOO tired of venues too dark you can't see people.

People/vibe: 6. people are very nice, not that good looking. Ratios were great -- almost 1 to 1.

Parking: 10. parking in the neighborhood everywhere.

Best thing: music was very good, floor plan excellent, and drink prices very good.

What would we change --- oh mannnnn --- a) the bars! You need more bartenders!!! Why don't venues understand that. Go to Red Rock and you see a guy pouring a drink every 30 seconds. Go to Reign and they pour one every 3 minutes. That's money lost! There was (after the open bar promotion) a 20 minute wait for a beer! (And they have 3 bars!) Hire staff- you're loosing money.

Other thing - B) omg -- the restrooms --- ready for this, a big venue - with only two indivdiual restrooms for the ENTIRE venue! Yep. The restroom line was onto the dancefloor! 40 minute wait! Yep.

Would i go back? yep. Had fun.

(And for some shameless plug -- you could have gone to Joya that night and had open bar for one hour and drove down the street to Reign and have another one hour of open bar! lol)

What kind of music? :)

VENUE - los angeles entertainment center

LOCATION - downtown l.a.

NIGHT ATTENDED - friday night, red

*SPECIAL NOTE - this was red's second week at its new location

Decor: 8. not pretty, exactly, but i love the setup.

People's Niceness: 7. ok vibe, but it definitely didn't feel like the old red.

Street Parking: deserted neighborhood; i think even i would recommend the $5 lot.

Cover: $10 in advance if you sign up on their list online at www.nexxez.com and get there before 10; otherwise $20

Best Things: this new venue has three rooms (as opposed to the old one's one room). the crowd was also incredibly mixed; red used to be almost entirely asian. it was nice to see a more diverse group.

Worst Thing: the place and its staff have no personality. i'm gonna miss the animated and friendly door guy at arena/circus and my favorite bartender.

Things You'd Change: put locks on the bathroom stall doors! i don't know what the deal was with that, but none of the stalls in any of the ladies' bathrooms had functioning locks.

Would You Go Back: yes. i love red. but this past week the music was terrible all night; i'm hoping that was just a fluke.

• 2 weeks later...

Lot of venues the last week.... catching up... enjoy.

Venue # 15

Club #15 - Thursday @ Cinespace

(1-10, 10 being best)

Lot - $$$

Well went back to Cinespace Thursdays and here's an update: It's ABSOLUTELY THE BEST PLACE in town on Thursday night next to AD.

Club #18 - Thursday @ Cinespace

(1-10, 10 being best)

People's Hot'ness: 10+

People's Niceness: 10+ amazing

Lot - update - park down the block, street parking everywhere! Free

Would we go back - yes. Our Second Time! Luv this place! You'll absolutely have a ball! Music is great! Staff is friendly! The crowd is gorgeous and talkative and not pretentious and soooo hot! Nothing comes close to this.

Well the big news is White Lotus Thursdays is not good anymore on Thursdays! Go on Wednesdays -- it's the better night.

Club #19 - Thursday @ White Lotus

(1-10, 10 being best)

People's Hot'ness: 4

People's Niceness: 2

Lot - a fortune

Would we go back - not on Thursdays.

Everyone is going instead to Cinespace on Thursdays that is pulling in hotter people with hotter music. Cinespace has one of the nicest door staff in town and the bar staff is so cool. Inside the people are friggen gorgeous at Cinespace Thursdays at so nice.

Wednesday night (see above) at White Lotus is the night to attend. Thursdays is for Cinespace if you want to have fun.

I know this is a Vegas venue and that its actually a bar not a club But the LA forum is the closest thing to Vegas, plus I did boogy down with some peeps anyway.So here goes...

Monday @ Ghostbar

NIGHT YOU ATTENDED: Monday

PROMOTION THAT NIGHT: No

Cover: free

(1-10, 10 being best)

Decore: 9 - contemporary

People's Niceness: 9

Parking: Free valet parking (if you're super cheap) I usually tip the guy a couple bucks.

The Ghostbar is situated on top of the Palms hotel, over looking the Vegas strip. The indoor bar area will take about 100 people, with the outdoor patio taking another 100 or so. Make sure you check out the out door patio - 1) for the nostalgic view of sin city night light and 2) for the see through glass floor near the end the end of the patio area. I wouldn't recommend looking down when you're drunk.

Revisit? Hell yeah! If nothing else, a great spot to take a date to mack on :D Definitely a great venue to hit before going to the dance clubs

gosh, this is the wrost club I have been to! the club looks like a building about to fall, when I got there at 11:00, there is nobody in the dance floor! I mean nobody! the dance room downstair had a really strong bathroom like smell with almost again, nobody, there are countable of crowd in the main dance floor upstair. more people coming in around 12:00 and peaked at 1:00, but again, the 2nd dance floor in upstair still empty, people are ugly and lots are old too! cover charge is 30 bucks. I would never go back there again!

Club # 20

(1-10, 10 being best)

Sunday @ Recovery

NIGHT YOU ATTENDED: Sun

PROMOTION THAT NIGHT: Yes

(1-10, 10 being best)

Inside Decore: 7 - contemporary

Music: 10

Relax Feel: 10

Parking: Free.

What a cool time, cheap drinks, and great great music. Good to have some fresh blond and CPers helping making this great promotion even greater. Keep it up folks.

And the point in the afternoon when LALate flipped the bill to have In and Out Burgers' truck drive up and give free double doubles to every CPers and Recovery fan there present, wow! just kiddin -- although, wouldnt that be cool?! lol :)

• 2 weeks later...

Club # 21

(1-10, 10 being best)

Sunday @ Recovery 2.0 (2nd time)

NIGHT YOU ATTENDED: Sun

(1-10, 10 being best)

Inside Decore: 7 - contemporary

Music: 10

Parking: Free.

A great event got even better, more people, great chill, awesome drinks and kickin music. Recovery will return in a few weeks.

Club # 20

(1-10, 10 being best)

Wednesdays @ White Lotus

NIGHT YOU ATTENDED:Wed

(1-10, 10 being best)

Inside Decore: 10

Music: 7

Parking: $

Well, when LALate walks around as sees the biggest, heavyhitter names in the nightlife industry all under the same roof in one night = mostly there not to work but to party = then you know it's good. Never saw so much jaw dropping skin showing bodies - you can't believe these bodies - under one roof. Music could be better, not enough people dancing earlier in the evening. And thumbs up to opening the patio all night unlike other nights. Overall and INCREDIBLE evening - and ladies - try the Watermelon Martini on the patio - really good. Definitely the best Wednesday out there and the best night at White Lotus - cooler crowd, nicer door, and those bodies wow. :)