Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My $ are on Merge

Merge will put a big dent in all the clubs on the shore, Tempts inparticular (common sense says people will start their night at the other end of the boulevard now, then hit XS and maybe never get to Tempts). My pet peeve with djs currently is some just won't play a record no matter how much the crowd loves it, because they have issues with the artists, label, producer etc. What the fuck, I thought djs played for the crowd? Any comments?

[This message has been edited by thepulse (edited 06-07-2001).]

Originally posted by thepulse:

Merge will put a big dent in all the clubs on the shore, Tempts inparticular (common sense says people will start their night at the other end of the boulevard now, then hit XS and maybe never get to Tempts). My pet peeve with djs currently is some just won't play a record no matter how much the crowd loves it, because they have issues with the artists, label, producer etc. What the fuck, I thought djs played for the crowd? Any comments?

[This message has been edited by thepulse (edited 06-07-2001).]

I'm hearing what your saying and I don't what to start drama ...but...I really don't agree. When Bermuda was there(and even when Bermuda was done over nice and pretty a few years ago)it never stopped anyone from traveling down to Temps. In the winter time, yes that is a real issue however in the summer that walk is not such a bad thing.

cwm40.gif

Sorry I didn't know we were taking bets here!!!

But hey take your wopping buck "fitty"

and buy yourself some breathmints in the bathroom at merge!!

------------------

"I walk through the valley of fear, I fear nothing cause I'm the baddest mother fucker in the valley!"

To reiterate others opinions as well as mine-- Merge's opening gives people coming to SSH another option. This will cause more people to come b/c now everybody can enjoy their venue/DJ of choice.

As for this weekend, more people than not will be curious of what it looks/sounds like, so coupled with good weather, their will be a good turnout (probably at all of the venues in town).

I don't know why people continue to bash this place or that...everbody's tastes vary.

Enjoy the summer at your place of choice.

Originally posted by laurensomers:

Why are certain people over analyzing this?? Post this on Monday after we know the real deal, then people will have reason to chat.... cwm6.gif

The people that seem to be anaylizing it seem to be the ones in the biz at this point and that's only b/c we are kinda wondering how the weekend is going to turn out $$$ wise. Unfortunatly there were entire meeting about this subject by club owners and workers.

cwm25.gifcwm25.gif

Not that it is all about $$$ if i wasn't working at Temps I would be there. But how this whole thing turns out is preety important to those of us who have a $$$ issued tied into this. Oh well I guess all we can do is wait and see.

This subject has been beaten to death that's all. This weekend is going to be awesome. There has got to be some people who like Metro Lounge but who don't frequent the shore, so they'll probably come check it out too. Throw them in the mix, in addition to all the frequent shore go'ers - lines galore...

Originally posted by 007pourer:

LV-

Don't know what bar yet! They are moving us around for at least one more week.

G

I will find ya! Have a couple of nice cold shots of blackhaus ready for us. I hope those speakers Paulie was talking about are installed by Friday. He said something like only half the system is in or something.

See ya around 10!

Well now that the weekend is over, lets see, Merge is a beautiful room, bringing a whole different feel to Seaside for the summer, nice to have another choice. A lot of people did seem to start at Merge and then make their way home to Tempts. It was predictable since we are all creatures of habbit. However, I was personally dissapointed at the turnout for Eddie Baez on Sunday, he played a great set, and I can't wait until XS finishes their sound system, it will be great, Of course for me Tempts is still home, but I will be checking out these other two rooms frequently, I like the renovations at both clubs.

• 2 years later...
Originally posted by 007pourer

LV-

Don't know what bar yet! They are moving us around for at least one more week.

G

007pourer,

Can't wait to see you at Surf... after I put my towel and bose radio at my usual spot, i'm coming for you...and my 007's better be strong..

Originally posted by xlr8ted

007pourer,

Can't wait to see you at Surf... after I put my towel and bose radio at my usual spot, i'm coming for you...and my 007's better be strong..

sORRY TO INFORM YOU BUT THIS WAS 007'S LAST POST.

08-21-2002

01:55 PM

Originally posted by xlr8ted

I once read somewhere that Indians don't have fun...

PLEASE STOP AND WHY DID YOU MENTION BINOY THE KIDS GONNA THINK IM STARTING WITH HIM

I GIVE IT 5 MINUTES BEFORE HE GETS A CAL;L IN SOBE THAT KOSTAP IS "TALKING SHIT" ABOUT HIM

Archived