Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how/when do you take r-ala

drmoxx

Originally posted by drmoxx

just ordered some gluccoral

do you guys take it every time you eat?

right b4 a carb loaded meal?

dosage??

I usually take it about 10 minutes before each carb meal. You can take it even at the start of the meal it will still work as good. I take about 1 pill (100mg) per 30 grams of carbs. I didn't believe the hype about this stuff at first, considering the guy who owns anabolicfitness posts on elite about it, but I tried it for a while and it makes a huge difference. I tried to see if a cheaper brand worked from another company but it was garbage. I also take one r-ala pill before I go to the gym and sip on a gatorade during my workout (simple carbs), definately get better pumps.

Originally posted by dp80

I usually take it about 10 minutes before each carb meal. You can take it even at the start of the meal it will still work as good. I take about 1 pill (100mg) per 30 grams of carbs. I didn't believe the hype about this stuff at first, considering the guy who owns anabolicfitness posts on elite about it, but I tried it for a while and it makes a huge difference. I tried to see if a cheaper brand worked from another company but it was garbage. I also take one r-ala pill before I go to the gym and sip on a gatorade during my workout (simple carbs), definately get better pumps.

ditto

Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock these last couple of years, you’ve probably heard something about R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (R-ALA for short). You’ve also probably heard some pretty outlandish tales which made you wonder whether or not the people making them had taken their medication lately. The fact is that Glucorell R from Anabolic Fitness is the BEST alpha-lipoic acid on the market – hands down. Here’s a little more to tell you why they’re the only company that will let you tap into the wealth of benefits offered by R-ALA, and what those benefits REALLY are.

“What is it?â€

R-ALA is a naturally occurring substance which has seen extensive use in Europe due to its ability to rejuvenate and restore the liver, as well as its antioxidant properties. R-ALA is actually a fatty acid compound, but is unique in that it has a sulfur-sulfur bond at the distal end (away from the carboxylic acid end of the fatty acid). It is this sulfur-sulfur bond which provides the antioxidant properties of R-ALA, due to the fact that it is easily reduced. For example, R-ALA is a great scavenger of hydroxyl radicals; these radicals are easily able to attack at one of the sulfurs and attach to the molecule. After attachment, the –OH now on R-ALA is able to be disposed of safely by the body, either through fatty acid metabolism or through the passage of the –OH group to another antioxidant molecule such as Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) or Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol).

“Radical, man!â€

OK, so maybe my lingo is best saved for 1992, but the compounds I’m referring to didn’t go away with M.C. Hammer’s parachute pants and Madonna’s cone-shaped brassiere. Metabolism is sometimes a violent thing; many enzymes are forced to generate energetically unfavourable products such as free radicals (and other oxidants) in order to produce other substances necessary for life. These free radicals have been implicated in premature aging (sun damage is a result of UV-induced free radicals which cause thymidine dimerization in DNA), diseases of the liver (the liver is one of the hotbeds of radical production in the body, as it is forced to detoxify our bodies on a daily basis; long-term exposure has been implicated in diseases such as cirrhosis), and certain cancers (radicals + DNA = trouble waiting to happen)… It doesn’t take a genius to realize that minimizing free radicals in the body is key to good health and longevity. The free radicals produced in our bodies need to be neutralized as soon as possible to prevent them from reacting with something critical, with possibly disastrous consequences. This is where antioxidants come in. Antioxidants are much like an absorbent sponge which sucks up the radicals and puts them into a much less harmful form; the problem isn’t what happens to the antioxidants, it’s what happens when you don’t have enough antioxidants to go around.

“Lean on me…â€

We’ve all heard this great song by Bill Withers… and strangely enough, it applies to R-ALA. The line “lean on me, when you’re not strong, and I’ll be your friend. I’ll help you carry on for it won’t be long, ‘til I’m gonna need somebody to lean on†is probably the best (and catchiest!) description of antioxidant regeneration in the body. The main players are Vitamins C and E, which we tend to consume as part of our daily diet, and Coenzyme Q, which we synthesize. The problem is, with today’s fast-food culture, many of us aren’t able to ingest enough of Vitamins C and E, or synthesize enough Coenzyme Q, to keep up with our own radical production. This is where R-ALA comes in. Antioxidants use each other to swap functional groups and regenerate each other (remember the –OH group from our hydroxyl radical?) – R-ALA is no different. By adding even a small amount of R-ALA to your daily diet, you can help your other antioxidants to do their job better because R-ALA will help to regenerate them – and R-ALA will act on its own to further reduce your free radical levels!

R-ALA also acts to increase glutathione levels in cells (glutathione is another sulfur-containing antioxidant), and is a cofactor in a number of enzymes which are involved in metabolism (one example of such enzymes is the group of alpha-keto acid dehydrogenases, critical in the citric acid cycle for the usage of metabolites such as alpha-ketoglutarate).

“I noticed that Glucorell-R includes additional Biotin…â€

Yes, it does. This is because R-ALA can actually compete with Biotin in the body; without biotin supplementation, symptoms of biotin deficiency can actually manifest themselves. So, instead of making you go out and get biotin for yourself, we threw some in there for you! Now THAT’S service!

“OK, so R-ALA is just for old people, or people who are worried about radicals…â€

WRONG! We’re just getting started. Let’s talk healthy, active people here – people like you and me. Most of us have a little bit of fat which we’d like to get rid of… come on, admit it – wouldn’t you like those love handles gone? Thighs tighter? Butt firmer? Somehow, no matter how much we’re able to lose with proper diet and exercise, these stubborn pockets of fat linger. Why? Because, for the most part, they’re insulin-resistant. Insulin resistance in fat pockets means that they are unresponsive to insulin signaling, and can occur for a variety of reasons (chronic hyperglycemia, genetic predisposition, receptor damage, etc.). The bottom line is that these fat pockets simply don’t respond the way the rest of the body responds to insulin. Because of this, the body secretes more insulin, which further downgrades the insulin response in resistant cells, which causes higher insulin secretion, which… well, you get the picture – and it’s not pretty. R-ALA has been shown to actually prevent or REVERSE insulin resistance in clinical studies. Remember the antioxidant properties we talked about earlier? Well, here’s an excerpt from a paper published by the University of Montreal:

Originally posted by jtk4

i knew i should of moved out from under that rock.

So this stuff takes all the bad shit out of my body, sweet. Sounds to good to be true, anybody back this up, and is it okay to take with other supplements? ie Creatine

Thnanks

I wouldn't say it takes all the bad stuff out of your body, it helps when eating carbs and works as a liver protectant also. I've been taking this stuff for about a year and it is the best supplement I have ever tried. I have also been working out, getting back into shape and on track while taking this stuff, but know I have to stop due to a car accident yesterday. I will continue to take the R-ala but will not be working out for a while so I will post about how this stuff is working just with my diet alone.