Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Thoughts on getting the Playstation2?

artful

Anybody got any advice on this? I was wondering if I should even bother to get it at all... I never had a playstation... and if I got it... wouldn't be for the sports games.

------------------

gohanssj2.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

--- When the Artful speaks

If youre willing to shell out 300 bucks go for it. I was thinking about getting it too, but I gonna wait until its cheaper. Plus, the better games are not gonna come out till much later. If you don't feel like waitin or payin 300 bucks, you might as well just get a dreamcast. I got one and its pretty good. It's only 150 now too.

------------------

I can stop whenever I want.

• 2 weeks later...

The PS2 is the next generation of video games

I know more non-sports games will out when it

comes out on Oct. 26 about 16.I have a dreamcast and love it and if you hate the controller there is an adapter you can get an

actually use your old playstation controller.

Check out www.ign.com for more info...as for

the PS2 I will have to get it eventually.

------------------

---its my life and I'm livin' it now!---you don't even know me!!!---

• 2 weeks later...

It'll be tough to get a PS2 anytime before Thanksgiving, as they're only shipping 500,000, not the 1 million they were going to ship. But, if you can get your hands on one, you should. The launch games aren't the best, but they're pretty good, and the PS2 also works as a DVD player. I used to be in the videogame industry (now I'm in the club biz), and I've been using all my industry contacts to try and get one.

Archived