Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone watch "Queer as Folk" on Showtime?

clubber2000

Anyone here see "Queer as Folk" on Showtime last night? What did you think?

I'm pretty open-minded and I thought the story was pretty good, but the sex scenes were a bit much. My girlfriend loved the show -- plus, I think she liked watching me get a bit uncomfortable during the sex scenes.

Pretty interesting show -- I'd be interested ins eeing how much controversy it stirs up in some areas of the country.

Question: Is it an American version? This was shown in the a few years back and i was wondering if they re-made it or used the UK version?

Put it this way the age of concent for gay couples has just been reduced to 16 in the UK so getting this stuff into the open helped.

I watched the whole thing...and yes..even though some of the sex scenes were a little much..I liked the show alot..

loved the part where he asks the young boy if he does K..and that his "disco pharmacist" cooked it up for him...never heard that one before...

-J

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

I'll admit the show as far as story lines go was pretty good. I could do without some of the graphic sex scenes but hey whatever makes people happy. I thought the scene in the sports bar when the gay guy was trying to act straight around his co-workers was amusing.

I caught a few moments of it between watching football with my hunnie. I caught the scene in the bathroom. Once my hunnie saw two guys going at in the stall he changed the channel, but it's ok. I was a little shocked at it too

I think str8 men will not watch it at all!!

but i think the women will and men with open minds will

------------------

Hi! How ya doing? where ya been, I had thoughts of you all night long.

Can't describe what you did, but you got me so!

Aolimer: Glowgirl42000

Email: Sugar4@earthlink.net

definitely watch the series. when i was in london this past summer, my best friend bought the tapes to the original uk version and he got me hooked. there's a really good plot to it all and characters get added as you go along. awesome show if it's like the uk version. they changed the names in the american version though!!!

------------------

dancer.gifdancer.gifdancer.gifdancer.gifdancer.gif

• 2 months later...

I think this show is GREAT!!

the sex scenes dont bother me in anyway..society always shows girls going at it..so why not men???

And I feel the storyline of characcters reflect real issues gay men may have to deal with..

I love Brian!!! ohhhhh

------------------

Dont ever stop smiling-->you never know who is falling in love with your smile...

I dont cry because it ENDED--> I smile because we HAPPENED..

Archived