Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club kid cowboy hats.......

Guest genevieve

Guest genevieve

It was about 2 years ago when I first saw cowboy hats becoming the latest trend. I still keep seeing them every where! Personally, I think their time is up. They were cool then but are too commercial now. What does everyone think will be the next new trend? It seems to start in the underground and ends up the current "mainstream" trend. Just look at Janet Jackson and Maddonna's new video's!

UNfortunatley, glowstix are becoming mainstream. I mean, all the teeny boppers are buying them and going to the N'Sync concerts with them. BTW, doesn't one of thos N'Sync guys look like a KD Lang lesbian? (Not trashing lesbians-FYI).

ANyways, I still think they are part of the club/rave scene and while the teeny boppers may have them, it doesn't necessarily mean that they know how to use them. Yeah, I'm sure its real fun to just wave them in the air! rolleyes.gif

------------------

"...I'm going to show them a world, without you. A world without rules and

controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible.

Where we go from there is the choice I leave to you." -THE MATRIX

• 3 weeks later...
Guest genevieve

Yeah, it's too bad. I might have actually bought one if I didn't see them in the store stocked like Pokemon merchandise!

Glow Sticks Are the new mainStream now. Even if you dont know how to use them, who cares , if your having fun with them ok but dont like knock someone for using them the way you dont like , its not up to people to juge how others look , to me i have no idea on how to use them , heh i love to use them and move with them , im a 21 male to heh from SI baby

------------------

Be the man and stay that way if your good

you have to remember that people will buy anything they see in more than one store - people refuse to be unique anymore - i will buy NOTHING that follows the "trends" - ICK. fashions come and go, and it's all a big waste of money, IMO - buy something, then a month later, everyone else has it, and you don't stand out anymore.

Maybe it's just me, but i like to *stand out* in a crowd.

I may not be a leader, but i am DEF. not a follower.

Cowboys hats were in WAAAAAYYY back when. I have one, haven't worn it in forever. took my best friend's lil sis shopping yesterday, and she showed me the ones that she and her friends got her friends got the other day. They're 13. enuff said.

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

brandie@optonline.net

• 2 weeks later...

What happens is, these trends start out in the Gay Community and then work themselves into straight society. I'm not gay, but have a lot of gay freinds and work with a lot of them. For example, capris for men were hot in the gay comm. last year and even the year before. I wore them last year, they were very hard to find, now every store has them. The new trend is old school 70's glasses.

The gay crossover thing is exactly right. Everything that all the juiceheads are wearing now, they gay clubs were sporting a year ago.

Wanna see the ultimate in glowstick no-no? Go to the Crobar's webpage, www.crobarnightclub.com and look at the Club section. Click on the Dance-O-Gasmo link and peep that movie. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Ok, see the fuckin' Barbie chick just standing there with the stix in her hands? Excuse me, but WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU JUST HOLDING THEM???

Sorry, just a bit of angst. Especially for those who deny where things come from. I just -love- it when people talk shit about ravers, and then go grab some stix for the club... : rolleyes.gif:

------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are the music makers,

and we are the dreamers of dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think it is soo funny when str8 boys start to wear last year's fashions, things most gay guys wouldn't caught dead in because they are so last year. But cowboy hats? They go way back beyond last year. They are just tacky unless you are actually a cowboy. Clubbing cowboy hats should be put out to pasture and forgotten like double-knit polyester leisure suits. :P

And the gay-bashers who wear totally gay fashions? Ya just gotta love 'em, clueless bastards. biggrin.gif

This is simply my opinion, and you should wear whatevah you feel fabulous in. Even if it is Old Navy Techno Chinos b/c Carrie Donovan says so. Cheers!

------------------

STFU, Class of 1999

• 3 weeks later...

I am a cowboy

Gay fashion? Do you see anyone complaining when a gay guy is wearing "non-gay" clothes?

"Why is he wearing Nikes, he's not supposed to wear them. He's not straight. They are so last year! Doesn't that gay guy know that Sketchers are the in thing?"

Or are Sketchers gay fashion?

The whole idea of gay fashion is retarded.

------------------

factoryfreak.gif

"It's the 21st century, there's other ways of getting fucked up"

thewedge2000@yahoo.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Originally posted by kidmishmosh:

Unless you're a cowboy there is no need pls... i do not think they're flattering

unless the cowboy hat is all she wearing then she still fashionable. cwm4.gif

------------------

"Smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks."