Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Good tailor in Manhattan?

ichi_gami

Went a little Valentino-crazy today, picked up some new suits. But I didn't buy retail, so now I need to find a tailor who is very good or excellent to get everything fitted...anyone know of someone that fits the description? Name/phone/addy if possible...?

------------------

Administrative Signature:

Admin1.gifAdmin2.gifAdmin3.gifAdmin4.gifAdmin5.gif

Originally posted by rachel1997:

I know of one in Queens and in Brooklyn, but I think any place that sells sutits you can go in and ask if they can do it for you if you pay them.

it's always cheaper to go directly to a tailor, because a store is going to charge retail markup for tailoring.

what i would do is ask someone at work or friends who you notice has well-fitting clothes and ask them for recommendations.

a talented tailor is indespensable.

------------------

mouth.jpg

http://liz.isfamous.com

Originally posted by toastednut:

it's always cheaper to go directly to a tailor, because a store is going to charge retail markup for tailoring.

what i would do is ask someone at work or friends who you notice has well-fitting clothes and ask them for recommendations.

a talented tailor is indespensable.

100% true, all of it. Got any recommendations?

cwm4.gif

------------------

Administrative Signature:

Admin1.gifAdmin2.gifAdmin3.gifAdmin4.gifAdmin5.gif

i went to bergdorf and asked them if they could recommend a tailor, they sent me to this guy a block from them (57th and 6th)who used to work there. he's this little italian old guy, who does unbelievable work, kinda pricey, but do u wanna trust just anyone? i dont have his name here, but i'll look at home to find it. youre best bet is to call up a really good suit maker (armani, kiton, brioni)...and ask them to recommend someone.