Clubplanet Nightlife Community

hot fashion items

Does anyone have numbers for some of the hot designers or personal shoppers in manhattan? I am looking to get some good items.

what do people think are some of the trendiest items right now? which ones are gonna last, which ones are gonna phase out?? (for both guys and girls)

To best fit your specific style you should remember three things when picking out clothes for this fall...>Deconstructionist (designers that take apart basic trends and put it back together in there own, usually unique, way. Ann Demeulemeester and Helmut Lang are examples. They use cheap and expensive fabrics (on purpose), so it's a forgiving style. Toned down colors are a mark of this style. >Black is the new black/black is back...however you say it...a pair of black pant (Gucci/Armani) is always a good investment (versus trendy clothing which is expensive if you only wear it one season). Lace is back for women. I'm sure, however you are interested in Mens.>Tweeds (in Beige, Navy, Black, Red) are echoing the "preppy" sentiments from the fall. Check out Brazillian designer, Alexander (I hate when I forget last names). Well, ask around.

Personal shoppers at Neiman Marcus, Nordstroms, or Barney's sould be able to help you. If your into high fashion, couture or couture-style clothing I would walk around 57th/park and soho. Custo is very funky...always interesting...pretty reasonable. Hope this helped!

Originally posted by madnadder:

Does anyone have numbers for some of the hot designers or personal shoppers in manhattan? I am looking to get some good items.

what do people think are some of the trendiest items right now? which ones are gonna last, which ones are gonna phase out?? (for both guys and girls)

THERE'S ALWAYS BANG BANG WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS.....LOL

------------------

~~all those who dance may enter my life~~keeping the groove alive~~

fad's that are gonna be gone soon, camouflage (puke!!!), tinted glasses (which do look good on some people), those one shoulder strap shirts (never did like them), non-pleated pants for men (have been around a while but they just look gay...no offense), those god-awful pointed shoes for women (talk about uncomfortable!!!), denim jackets for women (also been around a while, i love how they look on women), and dirty jeans (my favorite, which i hope lasts a loooong time!!!).

fashion comes and goes, style never fades away. invest in good, classic items from armani/valentino/gucci(the non trendy items)/ralph lauren purple label...i could go on forever, but those never go out of style.

• 2 weeks later...

hey...mad...yes I do design, mostly small shops, I'm in school so time is rare and hard to come by. When I create clothes it's usually on bulk on a break from school, like the summer. The designs mentioned are kind of off-beat classics. In other words you'll wear them year in, year out. Post with any other questions, I enjoy helping out...certain years people will just be tapping in to what you've always known was hot...and next time I won't be so delayed in my response.

• 3 weeks later...

[p] Can someone explain to me where are these "this and that is back" coming from? Who sets these aesthetical standards? [/p]

:biggun:

Originally posted by honeye16

To best fit your specific style you should remember three things when picking out clothes for this fall...>Deconstructionist (designers that take apart basic trends and put it back together in there own, usually unique, way. Ann Demeulemeester and Helmut Lang are examples. They use cheap and expensive fabrics (on purpose), so it's a forgiving style. Toned down colors are a mark of this style. >Black is the new black/black is back...however you say it...a pair of black pant (Gucci/Armani) is always a good investment (versus trendy clothing which is expensive if you only wear it one season). Lace is back for women. I'm sure, however you are interested in Mens.>Tweeds (in Beige, Navy, Black, Red) are echoing the "preppy" sentiments from the fall. Check out Brazillian designer, Alexander (I hate when I forget last names). Well, ask around.

Personal shoppers at Neiman Marcus, Nordstroms, or Barney's sould be able to help you. If your into high fashion, couture or couture-style clothing I would walk around 57th/park and soho. Custo is very funky...always interesting...pretty reasonable. Hope this helped!

[p] Can someone explain to me where are these "this and that is back" coming from? Who sets these aesthetical standards? [/p]

:biggun:

Originally posted by honeye16

Just by wearing it. You were something new out one day then one person sees it copies it, then they wear it one person sees it copies it, blah blah blah, then it spreads through the clubs, then the it hits the music vids then the main stream hits it then its over. Somethig like that.

the implication that "we say so...there by you wear" is ridiculous. Trend isn't a dirty word...it's one person/ perhaps a group bringing back a vibe, from 3 years ago or 40 years ago, and cultivating it in fashion, in music, in dining (think tiki-bar), and clubs. It's a way for everyone to connect through what we see first...clothes. I'll admit, some use trends in an elitest way to put others down...but those people are always out of style whether or not they know it. It's really great when someone dilbertly wears the antithesis of a certain trend...so rebelious and shakes things up. It's not always about being "thee trend-setter" or "leader"...sometimes someone else inspires you and it's okay too copy...it's flattering and mutal.