Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gonna be in Toronto...

Hey WaSSuP Everyone!

I'm gonna be in TORONTO in a few weeks... and I'm coming from NY... I've been hearing guvernment, guvernment, guvernment a lot... so i'm assuming that that's the shit... any other good hot spots? I've heard of TURBO a few times... anything up there that's similar to a NY party? LARGE, LOUD, and LOUD!!!! (sorry couldn't think of a 3rd "L" word) haa haa...

ThAnx!

------------------

If YoU'Re GoNNa PaRtY With Me... BeSt Be PrePaReD...

Hello there...Chris here from TO.

If your going to be in TO over the labour day long weekend, then yes, THE GUVERNMENT is the place to be...a huge end of summer bash is happening on the 3rd. It's huge, with a sound system done by the same crew that did TWILO and CREAM, and an awesome package of lights and lasers...has a feeling of a world class RAVE event every night....

Other great places to go...TURBO, LIMELIGHT and SYSTEM...but there are dozens more...both clubs and intimate lounges (like Element Bar, NASA, Audio Werks, etc...).

T.O. has the best scene in North America...both quantity of venues, and quality of talent...both local and international !

After hours places of note...SPACE (10pm till 10:00am)...and of course, THE COMFORT ZONE (9:00am until 2:00am).

Too bad your not going to be in MONTREAL on the 3rd of September...a huge week long electronic music festival called CREAM is wrapping up....the grand finale will see nine 1st class DJ's at the BIG O (Olymic Stadium)...30,000 people are expected...DJ's include Timo Maas, DJ Sneak, Dave Ralph, Max Graham, Derrick Emerson, etc.... that's where I'm going!

I went to NY to check out S&D at Twilo last month. We don't have anything quite like that. However, there is a good scene. Lots of good local talent and a lot of the intl DJs find there way here. The Guv't has a killer sound system as pointed out above. I like some of the smaller clubs like System and Turbo or Element. Check out www.eye.net for a schedule of DJs. It is posted on Thursdays.

hey, thanks for the info!! i'm also goin up to toronto for labor day weekend and was plannin on goin to guv't anyway. anyone have a <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank">guestlist</A> ? what time should i get there to avoid a really long line? hey, i also heard that there's a club called X-IT..is it anything like the one in nyc?? =P

party safe!!!

max~

X-it in Toronto, is very very very very very different than Exit NYC. I think New York has a corner on the "over the top glam club" market. But Guv comes close.

As for <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank">guestlists</A> , Toronto doesn't have quite the same <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank">guestlist</A> system as here. Your best bet is to call the club in advance you can probably get some courtesy.

have a great time. Tdot is one of the best party places to be.

------------------

keep it cutlary

www.spoonyd.iwarp.com