Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If your going to Ibiza read

Please please be careful on the road between San An and Ibiza Town. A horrifying 16 people have been killed there already this summer. And at the risk of sounding like yer mum, don't drink and drive either. The police are well on top of things with roadblocks this year.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I can resist anything but temptation.

top.gif

Better yet, don't drive between the two at night. I had the horrifying experience of passsing a scooter accident in which my friend had to cover my eyes because there were body parts all over the road.

Taxis are so reasonable both between San An and Ibiza-town, there is no need to drive.

• 3 weeks later...

Ibiza is not too far off the east coast of Spain, bart of the Balearic Islands.

It's been a clubber's paradise for almost 13 years now, ever since Oakenfold, Tong, and a couple of their buddies landed there and declared it Mecca to club-ness.

Since then it has been overridden with British people and has been rather commercialized and quite crowded. Even MTV has a week there frown.gif

I've been planning to there for 2 years now, but can never find anyone that wants to spend that kind of dough on the trip.

I have found flights from NY to Ibiza for as low as $589 round trip and package deals that include airfare, accomodations, free club passes, and a tour/club guide for as little as $1159 (from www.bringitontravel.com ).

So I haven't been yet, but plan to go next summer.

Check out www.ibiza-spotlight.com for excellent Ibiza information, including club schedules for the whole summer.

Yeh ABC know that it's growing in populatrity over here and pills are $6-10 over there so it's bound to get a slagging.

There again even the British consulate to Ibiza resigned last year due to the antics of the young kids from the UK.

having said that Ibiza is a tacky or cool as you want it. You can stay away from the "brits on the piss".

------------------

flag-UK.gif

Yeah, I knew from the beginning that the ABC special on Ibiza was gonna be propaganda journalism, but it does hold some truth.

I've talked to 2 people that went there this year, and they're trying to talk me out of going, because it is so damn crowded everywhere you go, and so ridiculously expensive. Something like $6 for a water, $10 for a drink, $45 to get into a club, etc.

Just something to think about. I still want to go, maybe not during peak season, because of the club scene / tropical paradise combination.

If anyone knows of any similar places to Ibiza, I'm all for it.

Yeah; fuck the media - they are the source of most of this country's problems (violence, fundamentalism, conservatism, etc.). That ABC special was so biased and sensationalized! All to sell advertising space. The news in Europe is so much more objective and has a lot less drama. The Land of the Free? Yeah; if you're out there for a profit and make sure the big guys get a cut!

Randino,

Like i say you have to know where to go. If it's there first time across they will have fallen into the trap.

The clubs are expesive to keep the pissed up kids out. But there is something for everybody you just hav to know where to go and when.

You realy should go for either the opening or closing parties and stay away from San Antonio.

Anyway if you want any info do a search in the NY forum for my hadle and Ibiza i have typed out quiet a bit of info on how to get the best out of it.

------------------

flag-UK.gif

This summer was my second trip there, and already I can see how commercialized it is becoming. I am still going back next summer, because it beats NYC.

My advice...find yourself some really nice Brits (not the ones in San Antonio) and learn a lot from them. It made our trip so much better (we met a couple the first summer we went and all met up again this year) They brought their friends, which instantly expanded our little group of 3 to almost 15 people, and they made friends with the people that own the Base Bar in Ibiza-town, who were hooking us up every night with reduced admission to clubs or comps and free drinks.

One more point: European people in general have a negative opinion of Americans...probably because most of the Americans that can afford to go there are the ones that only go because of what they saw on E (Wild on Ibiza) and aren't really knowledgeable about European culture.

I need some advice here on what to do about our trip to Ibiza next year. So far I have gotten some great advice.......go opening or closing party times, cabs are cheap and becareful who we make friends with. I have a couple of questions........where do we stay to be close to the action, should we get a package, how easy is it to get your roll on!!!! cwm1.gif

Stay away from San Antonio, except for going to the sunset cafes (Del Mar, Mambo, etc.). Buy your pills in Barcelona if you can: just got back, and they were $5 for the cleanest/purest MDMA around. Avoid the "cheese clubs" if possible; Es Paradis was one of the worst clubs I ever went to. Check out Amnesia and Space: excellent vibes here. Rent a car (around $30/day) and take the wrong road; you never know what you may find (i.e. amazing secluded beaches, restaurants on top of seaside cliffs). DON'T drink the water and watch what you eat: the "Ibizan flu" can easily ruin several days of your trip. Avoid touristy restaurants; crap food is in abundance on the island. Hmm; this is all I can think of at the moment! P.S. Oh; and make sure you spend a few nights in Barcelona - a wicked city!

if you're looking for a reasonably priced place to stay, forget about air conditioning.

call joe at festive travel (www.festivetravel.com) he is an American travel agent that is really knowledgeable about the island and can find you an appropriate hotel or villa. And stay in Ibiza-town, because San Antonio is full of drunk people who like to vomit on the streets and piss off their hotel balconies. (I still have horrible visions of it)

finding people to hook you up with happy things isn't difficult if you know how to spot them, and even if they are bad they are cheap enough to find different ones. Like $7 each or something. Its a hit-or-miss situation. I found much better things the first summer I went than this summer.

And don't talk to any of the Spanish locals about them...they don't do them, and they don't have respect for the tourists that do.

I hope that helps ya. start looking for airfare about 5 months before you want to go. i couldn't get any flights for less than $1000 in march for my trip last summer (last week in june/first week of july). and there aren't any direct flights there from here.

Your best bet for getting substances-

Go down to the Savanna, Mambo, Cafe Del Mar strip.

DOnt bother with the guys standing out side. Go to Cafe Del Mar, you will see a guy wondering about between table (or a guy sitting on the chair downstairs near the toilets. The guy wondering round (long hair) will come and ask you what you want... simple and although it's not the best on Ibiza, it's a good SAFE start.

You guys who say Ibiza is getting comercial, need to dig arround a little and stay away from San An and the big 7 clubs.... there is much more to Ibiza that you know.

------------------

bsb2.GIF

I'm planing to go to Ibiza this year with bunch of my friends. Can anyone give me advice on where the best place to stay is? We wanna be in the middle of the action. We are hard core NY clubbers, so we'll be needing supplies. If u have been there, can u let me know how it is there? cwm35.gif

------------------

"THE MUSIC IS A DRUG"

sicko, depends how much you want to spend.

I would advise staying in Ibiza town, but it's more expensive.

If you want supplies, follow the istructions above. Hope in a taxi and ask for Mambo, they will know where it is. I promise they will be ok from their,not the best on the Island but ok (You shoould be paying about $7).

You can get most things you want. Try not to goto the guys who stand on the road between Mambo and Cafe Del Mar, you have a 50/50 chance of getting ripped off. Look for a guy going round the tables with long hair in a pony tail.

------------------

bsb2.GIF

Nah, your OK. They have had a bit of a crack down this year, but at the end of the day they know they get 2 million kids from the UK every year spending huge amounts in the bars.. there is quiet a bit of corruption.

The guy I mentioned above has been selling out of a very well known bar (at the bars knowledge) for at least 5 years.

You wont get busted unless your very silly about things. The big clubs never get raided, but if you go to the free parties they do.. because the clubs want it that way... money talks.

Really don't worry about that, you can pills all over.

Shit last year we were snorting C in bars, on the beach and on the busiest road in Ibiza.

But Mambo, etc are good places to get your tickets, to find out info and to get you elements.

------------------

bsb2.GIF