Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Polly Esthers emplyees promote violence on New Year's Eve

I went with a group of friends to Polly Esthers in Philadelphia for the New Year's Eve bash and it was the worst experience! Just b/c 2 of my friends took their shirts off while dancing, being goofy, the bouncers came up to them, grabbed them w/no explanation....pushed them down the stairs dislocating the one guy's shoulder, and then proceded to beat them and throw them out of the bar!! We pay $50 for that!? What the hell, they only took their shirts off for like 5 mins. and maybe they shouldn't have but that does not give the bouncers the right to grab them w/NO explanation and rough them up w/batons and shit. They completely take advantage of people getting drunk and having a good time SO THEY can feel macho and beat someone up (b/c they know under normal circumstances they would not be able to, if those people weren't drunk!)

Violence by club security is gonna happen sooner or later. Here in Austin, I don't see it too often, maybe because we're just generally more low key down here. You might get pushed or shoved, but never hit. I don't know of any club security here that carries night sticks...There is no excuse for it, it just seems that kind of work is done by real mutton heads, that tend to be control freaks. cwm7.gif

------------------

http://acidplanet.com/Lounge/ArtistDetail.asp?ArtistName=Vessel

• 2 weeks later...

hey don't get me wrong but, i have been to some rough places and seen some crazy shit, so let me say this. when you go to a club don't do anything to make the bouncers notice you. that includes taking clothes off...unless somone else is doing it too. i've seen a lot of fights break out because of stupid things getting all out of whack. yea there are some sadistic bouncers out there but you know those are the guys who have to deal with all the scumbags that you don't want hitting on you. as for throwning someone down the stairs and beating him with clubs, well that sux but i hardly belive your friend didnt resist and more likely fell down the stairs. bouncers don't have to say shit to you. it's their world and thir rules. be glad they don't go back to hiring hell's angles for security

Originally posted by AIATA:

hey don't get me wrong but, i have been to some rough places and seen some crazy shit, so let me say this. when you go to a club don't do anything to make the bouncers notice you. that includes taking clothes off...unless somone else is doing it too. i've seen a lot of fights break out because of stupid things getting all out of whack. yea there are some sadistic bouncers out there but you know those are the guys who have to deal with all the scumbags that you don't want hitting on you. as for throwning someone down the stairs and beating him with clubs, well that sux but i hardly belive your friend didnt resist and more likely fell down the stairs. bouncers don't have to say shit to you. it's their world and thir rules. be glad they don't go back to hiring hell's angles for security

if you would take a moment to read your post i hope that you will see just how wrong it is and on how many levels it is wrong. bouncers are not security and they are not prison guards. they are there to bounce when things get out of hand, that's what is supposed to happen. they are not peace officers, they're not supposed to be there to affirmatively eliminate trouble before it occurs. unfortunately that's not how many of them view their jobs. it is not their world, it's MY world and OUR rules (who the hell would delegate rulemaking to a bouncer, would you vote for that??!!). rough places, please. it's freakin' polly esthers, the gap of the club world. when trouble happens, they do occasionally have to deal with some drunk a-holes, but someone taking off their shirt is not trouble and is no reason to attack. that's not how most of these monkeys view their jobs, though. they are so amped on creatine, andro, 'roids, etc. that they don't think well and they see everything as two choices, stand around and look tough or attack. if they actually took any time to try to be diplomatic when necessary they wouldn't have to deal with as much shite. the fact is, though, they do enjoy taking out their aggressions and sexual frustrations by beating on drunk/horked clientele trying to have a good time. if you think for one second that i'm not going to do something so that a freaking BOUNCER won't notice me, then you live in a sad world.

bouncers are supposed to be a solution, not a problem. and let's face it, most hells' angels would do a much better job. those guys really are tough; they'd have a good laugh at polly esthers and i really don't think they'd get so undone at some guy taking off his shirt.

obviously i could go on and on, but it wouldn't do any good.

it's MY world.

------------------

kid_wearingdadsclothes_md_clr.gif

[This message has been edited by juniorla (edited 01-13-2001).]