Clubplanet Nightlife Community

rochester

• 3 weeks later...

I used to go to school in Rochester too. There arent very many great clubs up there, but there are some cool bar/lounges. Go to www.myrochester.com and click on the "clubs" tab. There are some listed there. The only one I can remember that was halfway decent is Tonic. But what a culture shock it is going out in Rochester. Its very different from going out here in NYC as Im sure you already know! Hope this helps. Any other questions about the Rochester area, feel free to ask me!!

cwm12.gif

------------------

hw.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------

cwm3.gif I went to RIT for a little while and i hated Rochester. Your best bet would be over the boarder in Toronto. I think the closes thing to a club there is Freakazoid (if thats even still there after 2 years i've been gonee) and if you've been there you know it's not really up to NYC standards. . . or Jersey standards for that matter. cwm31.gif Toronto's got Guvernment and a few other places and a lot of raves.

I went up to Rochester to visit some friends and they had said that there is nothing really good to go to accept the Gay clubs. There was one club, I forget the name that was good and had a Drag show every week. It was a Gay club, but all the straight people went there because the music was good. Also head up to Toronto, its not too far and the nightlife is better.

------------------

Live life to the fullest, because you never know when it will be your last!!!

The name of that gay club is MARCELLAS....its was on Liberty Pole Way...I believe its closed now though. I used to go there all the time, my (Boyfriend at the time) was their resident DJ. The music was great, but yes, a SORRY excuse for a club when compared to NYC!

------------------

hw.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

hey, i'm actually goin to UR right now...and i've lived here all my life but i go down to nyc about twice a month and toronto for the other 2 weekends. here, everyone's more into funky house..it's definitely a different scene than in nyc. i'd suggest: RED on thurs and sun, piranha MAYBE on fri and/or sat. Qbert is comin feb 24 to piranha, i think. if u have a car, then there's events goin on in buffalo alot too. yeah, makin the trip up to toronto is definitely worth it tho!