Clubplanet Nightlife Community

FRIDAY JAN 22ND - RTCLIVE Pres: MERGE Launch Party @ Cielo w/ Les Carbonell

Horizontal_zpsp0rldzqk.jpg

RTCLIVE Presents: MERGE

MERGE – the culmination of a collective of HOUSE MUSIC and its many various genres. Unified by rhythm and dance, magnetized by sounds and vibes; strangers become friends, friends become family. Circles of self-expression form on the dancefloor, where you become the music and the music becomes you. Like the great JACK once said, “HOUSE is a FEELING that no one can understand really unless you’re DEEP into the VIBE of HOUSE” MERGE captures this feeling with its compelling crew of local talent, creating musical journeys for your soul. 

For the sake of house, for the love of beats, for the need to dance. We unite, converge….and MERGE.

MERGE: verb \ˈmərj\ : to cause two or more things to come together and become one 

GET TICKETS

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?782972

LINEUP

Les Carbonell https://soundcloud.com/les-carbonell 

Nino https://soundcloud.com/nino_beatz 

Mr. Mercado https://soundcloud.com/mrmercado 

ABOUT LES CARBONELL

Les Carbonell began his musical journey in the South Bronx NYC, where the mix of Hip Hop outside his windows joined with the Afro-Latino sounds pumping through his veins.

It was that musical mix that inspired the House beats Les blends today, a combination of deep soulful beats, a sung melody and plenty of quality Tech. Through their legendary musical mixes Les has been creatively inspired by such talent as, "Little" Louie Vega, Kenny "Dope" Gonzalez, Hex Hector, Danny "Buddah" Morales, Oscar G and Victor Calderone only to name a few.

"I must say first & foremost, MUSIC has been an immeasurable influence in my life, as a child to the present. It's permeated every aspect of who I am today, says Les. "It has taught me to express myself in ways I never thought possible. Live, Love, Laugh, Learn & make sure you have one hell of a soundtrack as you go!"

If you have ever experienced one of Les' gigs, you know that this 5ifty 5ive resident comes with a tremendous following to say the least. "Peace and love are my strengths, God is my light & Respect the Circle is my cry," says Carbonell. 

An uptown based crew, 5ifty 5ive includes some of the most talented DJ's, dancers & industry personalities spanning the entire Tri-state area. The family continues to expand, covered in 55's from head to toe.

To his credit Les Carbonell has met the decks at legendary NYC venues such as Pacha NYC, Cielo, Santos Party House, National Underground, Sullivan Room, Arena & The Annual Black & White Festival (Governor's Island NYC). The list continues, and covers across every NYC subway line and well into New Jersey. In 2013, Les was invited to spin poolside at the Dorchester (FL) during the annual Miami Music Week.

A family man, Les has held the torch in NYC regarding all ages events, first beginning as resident DJ of Yotel's #BeatBrunch series (2012). In the summer of 2013 Les joined uptown urban art museum El Museo Del Barrio as resident DJ for their Radiance series, where dancers of all ages, shapes and sizes arrived weekly before the first track and begged for more even after the last note played that last Wednesday night of the summer.

Les' wife and children continue to be his drive and inspiration. "I play for her, she has shown me what true love is, and as long as I can reach people through my sets and or live performance, I know I've succeeded."

ABOUT CIELO

Cielo is a state-of-the-art space in downtown’s ultra chic Meat Packing District that provides sophisticated fans of electronic music with a specialized space, tailored to their tastes. It is a haven for individuals seeking culturally rich nightlife with neither the hassles of large clubs nor the elitism of upscale lounges with too many VIP rooms. Once you are in Cielo, there will be no more ropes, checkpoints, or rules. For more than 12 years, Cielo has stayed true to these initiatives and established itself as a legendary name in New York City’s dance music underground.

Cielo goes back to basics: the best DJs, a strong door, impeccable service, stunning decor and lighting, skillfully designed acoustics and a Funktion One soundsystem that will blow the socks off even the most fastidious audiophile. The sunken dancefloor is surrounded by banquettes decked out in brown and beige suede with a range of intelligent lighting effects to enhance the intimate design; the stylish look is inspired by the timeless 70’s aesthetic.

Conceived in 2003, Cielo is the brainchild of co-owner Nicolas Matar. A DJ for the past 20 years, Nicolas was most notably known for his residency at the infamous Pacha Nightclub in Ibiza. Nicolas played in the funky room or “El Cielo” and credits those years as the inspiration for Cielo and his eventual return to New York. For over a decade, Cielo has remained focused on maintaining high quality service and providing an experience unlike any other. As demonstrated by the unprecedented number of awards and nominations the club currently boasts, Cielo has established itself as an international brand with an edict of cutting-edge electronic music. In addition to its accolades, Cielo has featured more top international DJs than any other club in North America since its opening. DJs such as Luciano, David Guetta and Sven Vath passed through Cielo doors before they were the kingpins they are today.

See you on the dancefloor…

Edited by saccowalace