Clubplanet Nightlife Community

does anybody like to play cards, spades in particular?

Originally posted by gnice:

My friend and I are unstoppable! Blind 10 huh?? That's pretty good, gotten a couple before. I would say lets play, but I wouldn't want to ruin that big ego of yours!

Spades brings out the shit-talker in us all, my friend.

Spades is my favorite over all game to play.......well....errrr...besides "private" games wink.gif

------------------

-----"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

-----"Live for Twilo Fridays, The rest are just details" -Me

-----"I can walk in straight lines, within my own crooked world" -a drunken Aramis Ponte

tw.jpg

twilo.jpg

Originally posted by cazz926:

God I LOVE spades!!! Me and my best friend are undefeated around our way. The boys are convince we cheat. (We got Blind 10 once)

WHAT?!?!? Spades is the shit! I am so glad someone else plays, we should go to a bar and play...

Bring it on...Me and My boys used to play pretty much every monday night...Blind 10 thats pretty good..But not good enough ..Me and my partner pulled a Boston on these kids once I swear to God i thought they were gonna cry...it was crazy...Joker check...Ace check...First seven books..racked up a crazy amount of points..Lets play...Im down...anyone live around or close to the Bronx....

Originally posted by cazz926:

God I LOVE spades!!! Me and my best friend are undefeated around our way. The boys are convince we cheat. (We got Blind 10 once)

WHAT?!?!? Spades is the shit! I am so glad someone else plays, we should go to a bar and play...

Isnt that the greatest when your behind in the game and you gotta go Blind, and the people your playin against are talkin all this shit then you stickem...One of the best feelings in the world...But whats even better is if your the one talkin all the shit and then you pull a Boston on someone...me and my boy were killin these kids once..and we pulled a Boston on them...I swear to God I thought they were gonna cry..Ace check, Joker Check and first seven books...anyone down to play..

Def brings back memories...many h.s. nights round the table playing spades.

We actually switched to Pinochle...basically junior year in h.s. we had a year-long set where we played almost every day at lunch. By May, we were so into it that we just forgot to eat. A whole year's worth of playing on the line. Losers had to pay for a week of beach house on LBI...

So who's bringing the cards to the next meetup? cwm35.gif

------------------

-=Keep it trancin'...=-

when i get back from Los Angelese next week and get over this damn head cold, and my partner in crime stacychase gets over her bronchitis, we'll try to organize something...if anybody wants to move ahead without us, please feel free, then we'll join in when we can in a week or so!!!

Am I hearing a Spades Tournament? cwm5.gif I spent many a lunch hour in high school play Spades. We would have like special "Spades" table where there was no eating done there...strictly spades. WOW cwm17.gif , I didn't know so many f-ing ppl play that game here...I say we have a tourney. cwm27.gif

~*Jam*~ "commencetheshitalkingyouaintgoingblind"

------------------

AIM: ynicholas

For those of you into spades like myself. I myself have spent plenty of days in the lunchroom cafeteria at the "Spades Only" table playing. You can check out Yahoo.com games. Their spades is really nice. True they don't have top five and blind 6,7,8.... or Ace Check they do have something called a nil which you can see your hand and basically your saying that you can't make anything with a nil and if you don't you gain 100 bonus points. If you go double nil you gain 200 bonus points. But if you lose guess what you can either lose the 100 or 200 points. Its pretty cool.

I totally love playing spades....unfortunately none of my friends so Im forced to play online!

Get a bottle of wine, some good old friends and Im ready to go!

------------------

tigger.gif

"The imaginary friends I had as a kid dropped me because their friends thought I didn't exist." - Aaron Machado

AOL = MadamKittE

• 13 years later...

:clap2:I've been looking all over for annnnnyone else that knew of freaking "Ace Check"!!! These darn "old heads" in the military said that they never heard of it and refuse to include it in games and they cheat bitterlessly!!!

Bring it on...Me and My boys used to play pretty much every monday night...Blind 10 thats pretty good..But not good enough ..Me and my partner pulled a Boston on these kids once I swear to God i thought they were gonna cry...it was crazy...Joker check...Ace check...First seven books..racked up a crazy amount of points..Lets play...Im down...anyone live around or close to the Bronx....