Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fate...do you belive in it?

xtotaleclipsex

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am not completely sold on fate, but i do believe that everything happens for a reason... no matter how twisted it may be. sometimes you need to step back and take a look at the big picture.

but regarding totaleclipse's encounter.. i think its more timing -- "timing is everything" and i believe this to be valid statement more and more.

for example, i met my boyfriend just about a year ago. and shortly after meeting each other, we discovered that we have actually crossed paths about 10 times in our life, but yet we never met before. (ie. same club, same night, same party.. hell we were even in spring break at the same time AND at the same club one night) we joke around about "what if" we had met before, but we both agree that it would not have been the same. we were both at different points in our life and probably would have ended up hating each other. :laugh::kiss2:

Originally posted by nycchic24

pssst. if you believe in all of this... then read the celestine prophecy.

somebody else recommended this book to me as well... i think it was even on here...

Originally posted by tommyarmani

I believe in the concept of free will.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

IMO there is no such thing...

i like to make things happen myself

but then again, one could argue that it IS "fate" that i lived my life the way i did, and developed to be the kind of person that makes things happen themselves (for example approaching a girl i like).

so i don´t know :laugh:

Originally posted by cubbie78

I don't believe that your future is pre-destined, although I think Fate places situations at your feet. It is up to you to act on the situations.

and how could the dinosaurs act differently to avoid their fate???

how could the ppl in the towers acted differently to avoid their fate??? how could someone whos driving down the highway calm cool and casual fully alert and on their way somewhere get sideswiped or rammed by a drunk driver??? theres a perfectly logical answer and im surprised noone said it so far... however for the most part im going to say its all up to fate...

Originally posted by xtotaleclipsex

I've been thinking about this too much over this past weekend...just wanted to see ur opinions...

This past Friday as I was coming back from dinner in the city with the girls...I had just gotten on the train and all of the sudden someone hits me from one of the seats...I turn around and it is a guy I knew from HS and hadn't seen him in months...he doesn't even live anywhere near here...just happened to be visiting a friend, turned his head at the right moment, went into the city the same night and took the same exact train back.

Well ths kid is really amazing...and I had always had an interest in him but circumstances never let anything happen...so any way...I told him to visit me..and we ended up hanging out the night of the meteor shower. We talked all night and slept cuddled together that night. But you know what...what were the chances of us running into each other like that? Of all the nights and of all the places...what are the chances?

sigh...

:)

I'm just thinking...is it fate that brings people together or just common everyday coincidence?

fate sch-mate. it's coincidence.

Originally posted by dgmodel

and how could the dinosaurs act differently to avoid their fate???

how could the ppl in the towers acted differently to avoid their fate??? how could someone whos driving down the highway calm cool and casual fully alert and on their way somewhere get sideswiped or rammed by a drunk driver??? theres a perfectly logical answer and im surprised noone said it so far... however for the most part im going to say its all up to fate... [/quote

DG,

In the cosmic scheme of things, it all comes down to free will & the choices we make, that not only affects us, but others as well.

Because sometimes others Choices will affect us. So in a sense, someone chose of free mind & body to drive while terribly intoxicated & it was your fate that you were on the road with them on the same night.

I also think in the dinosaour example, you are using the term "fate" incorreclty. Im not trying to be wise, just trying to understand where you are coming from so i can better understand your viewpoint.

just trying to say that there are things outside your control that impact your life... and to say you can will them not to happen is impossible...

I also think in the dinosaour example, you are using the term "fate" incorreclty...

fate ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ft)

n.

The supposed force, principle, or power that predetermines events.

The inevitable events predestined by this force.

A final result or consequence; an outcome.

Unfavorable destiny; doom.

Fates Greek & Roman Mythology. The three goddesses, Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos, who control human destiny. Used with the.

I believe in fate.....Especially in situations when people throw around the "what if's"......Every choice that is made brings us one step closer to a certain outcome....Sure....we could have made different choices to prevent or avoid that certain outcome....But we made the choice we did b/c THAT choice is what led us to where we are supposed to be

I do believe there is a higher power.......& I don't think we are here for no reason......Everyone is here on a predestined plan...& everyone's plan effects another person's wether it be in a good way or bad

Originally posted by dgmodel

just trying to say that there are things outside your control that impact your life... and to say you can will them not to happen is impossible...

fate ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ft)

n.

The supposed force, principle, or power that predetermines events.

The inevitable events predestined by this force.

A final result or consequence; an outcome.

Unfavorable destiny; doom.

Fates Greek & Roman Mythology. The three goddesses, Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos, who control human destiny. Used with the.

I think we need to do more than simply define the word "fate". I need an operation definition & we have to address how the term ties into the grand scheme of things. Also, i think any discussion on fate, we must also discuss "coincidence"

"Destiny is an invention of the cowardly and the resigned.

What people commonly call fate is mostly their own stupidity.

Whatever limits us we call Fate. "

"Our situation on this earth seems strange. Every one of us appears here involuntary and uninvited for a short stay, without knowing the whys and the wherefore. In our daily lives we only feel that man is here for the sake of others, for those whom we love and for many other beings whose fate is connected with our own. "

I intended a different context of the term "fate" I meant that allot of people think they are destined for something, but i believe you can create your own destiny or fate based on choices.

that being said, other factors like accidents, natural disasters, even GOD for those that want to bring the spiritual aspect into it can come into play.

I dont mean any type of disrespect, only to banter.

I intended a different context of the term "fate" I meant that allot of people think they are destined for something, but i believe you can create your own destiny or fate based on choices. that being said, other factors like accidents, natural disasters, even GOD for those that want to bring the spiritual aspect into it can come into play.

that being said, if GOD created man in his own image than we too are GODS, allowing us to create our own destiny however there are certain events that our beyond our control and no matter how much we will ourselves into being successful we cannot control them... i am a trader, hypothetically speaking i will myself to be successful, and take the effort to "know the markets" no matter how hard i work, no matter how hard i study, no matter how many years i have experience there will always be events beyond my control... however having a strong will, and being persistant and having a high level of tenacity you can over come these events and press on...

how about we throw probability into the mix... what about just being a pure numbers game, and odds may be against an individual???

PS, i actually do believe in fate--i just like to argue, play devils advocate & see how one can handle thier opinions & argue em.

:eek::hat::):D:tongue::cool::eek:

fuck, i dont think im doing to well... my answers are rushed and off the top of my head im at work and do not really have the time to post, however this topic intrigues me so i keep popping back... and since a long time ago theres actually a convo on here with a meaning and momentum... so...

hmmmm... random thoughts in here

personally i would classify "fate" as something bigger. something we cannot change at all costs. a meteor that we can´t destroy hits the earth and we die, that´s fate. death, is fate. everything that is definite, a situation that is unchangable, is fate (to me). everything else, on what i can have an impact, where i have a CHOICE, isn´t.

to bring something extreme and controversial in here, i might for example say:

if it was your fate to get together with a special woman/man, since fate is definite and predetermined, even when you would do things AGAINST getting and being together with him/her, she would STILL be together with you in the end.

kill and torture her parents, burn her with cigarettes, pour acid over her face, and all the cruelties you can imagine, etc...

oh you say, the person would never stay with you? if it´s "fate", she will. so a logical conclusion would be for example that if you think "fate" brought you and your partner together, do some of the above. if they will stay with you, it´s REAL fate. cause IF it is FATE per definition, they will stay with you no matter what you do, right?

other thoughts

what about "timed" fate. is it "fate" that i fuck this little hardbody over there for a few weeks? so she can get the sexual skills she needs so that she can get the love of her life to get together with her?

is fate endless, meaning is there one love, or is there this "love of your life" for that certain amount of time and then the next "love of your life" for the next few years?

I believe in fate to a point. That fate will wind up giving you choices, and only take you so far, with you left to do the rest. You can't just sit around, and expect fate to do everything for you. It's kinda like those choose your own adventure ending books from when you were little, with different paths that you can take.

Originally posted by tastey

hmmmm... random thoughts in here

personally i would classify "fate" as something bigger. something we cannot change at all costs. a meteor that we can´t destroy hits the earth and we die, that´s fate. death, is fate. everything that is definite, a situation that is unchangable, is fate (to me). everything else, on what i can have an impact, where i have a CHOICE, isn´t.

to bring something extreme and controversial in here, i might for example say:

if it was your fate to get together with a special woman/man, since fate is definite and predetermined, even when you would do things AGAINST getting and being together with him/her, she would STILL be together with you in the end.

kill and torture her parents, burn her with cigarettes, pour acid over her face, and all the cruelties you can imagine, etc...

oh you say, the person would never stay with you? if it´s "fate", she will. so a logical conclusion would be for example that if you think "fate" brought you and your partner together, do some of the above. if they will stay with you, it´s REAL fate. cause IF it is FATE per definition, they will stay with you no matter what you do, right?

other thoughts

what about "timed" fate. is it "fate" that i fuck this little hardbody over there for a few weeks? so she can get the sexual skills she needs so that she can get the love of her life to get together with her?

is fate endless, meaning is there one love, or is there this "love of your life" for that certain amount of time and then the next "love of your life" for the next few years?

wow, very good points as always... i never really thought of the flipside like that if fate brought you two together would fate keep you together... what if your fate was to love and to lose??? what if your fate was to learn what love is with one person but you wind up experiencing with it another... but all in all you put up a very good argument...