Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lord Of The Rings

kramadas

Originally posted by raver_mania

is finally out!! YES - I've been waiting for this forever!! I'm gonna see it ASAP!

Nerd. :D

J/K. I'm actually dying to see it too. Thinking about even attempting to go tonight, but doubtful about getting tickets and shit like that. Not to mention, South Park is on tonight, and me and my buddies also started a new season in Madden yesterday so we've got to hurry up and play some games so we can get to the playoffs.

Damn. I'm a nerd. :(

i went to see the preview last night at midnight :D and it's well worth it. it seemed to start a little slow, but got up to speed after a bit. the acting was really good and the effects were amazing, the scenery was really nice to. i can only imagine what kind of budget they had for this thing. definitely go see it when you can.

my friends and i even saw some dude wearing what looked like a he-man costume or something...it had the rubber padded chest and biceps, etc. lol and then there was this person who was dressed up as a witch/wizard, but had what looked like a carrot for a nose, bahahaha. (i think they missed the monty python preview in the theatre over ;) ) it's a long movie, at about 3 hrs. but goes by at a good pace...sucks we have to wait till next dec. for the next one though.

Originally posted by Kuro

I went to a midnight showing last night. Some stuff is changed from the first book, but it's still reall good. And the Balrog is the coolest thing I've ever seen.

I read the books about four times each growing up, but I remember nothing about the stories. So the movies will be fresh for me.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

OK, you know when you go to Taco Bell, and they have those special cups for sale? Well, they're for Lord of the Rings. Get it now?

nope...i go to baja fresh not taco bell...baja fresh doesnt have lord of the flies...or lord of the ring sh*t.....

Hobbits, elves, wizards, goblins, Nazgul, Balrogs, etc

Its a fantasy story about good vs evil. This one dude (and his friends) are to destroy a ring, which if taken by the evil lord, could lead to thousands of years of torture. Some say it sorta follows after the tumultous 20th century history.

Thats an EXTREMELY simplistic version of it...after all, the book is a classic!

Originally posted by raver_mania

There's a showing at 7pm. Cool...anyone else interested...we could have a lil clubplanet "movie night" out, and then maybe head over to Modern afterwards.

I'm probably gonna go see it tomorrow, but I may be in for seeing it again. Which theatre? Make sure they have Dolby Digital. A movie like that needs a good soundsystem.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

I'm probably gonna go see it tomorrow, but I may be in for seeing it again. Which theatre? Make sure they have Dolby Digital. A movie like that needs a good soundsystem.

At the Uptown...there really is no other place to see it! :D

I'm gonna see it twice too...first time this weekend, and then again after Amy gets back.