Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Shouldn't moderators .....

misskittie

be neutral and in a proper manner? I don't think they should have the authority to be bitchy when they please because they have a stinkin title under their name. Big whoop - youre a moderator. You should try to keep the peace throughout the board. In addition, you should also try to sound somewhat intelligent rather then making yourself sound like a fool with all the profanity you use in your text.

I often wonder what board owners and operators are thinking when they give certain people the authority and power of a moderator. There should be a job description as to their own behavior amongst the board. If I ran a busines, I can asure you, the behavior of some mods on many of the boards would not be tolerated. Youre supposed to keep your *customers* happy. And when on these boards, *we*, the posters, are the customers. Bad mouthing us, cursing us out, and behaving like an ignorant 5 year old should not be tolerated.

Some people just let the "authority" swell their heads too much.

Just my thought for the day.... la la la Add and argue as you will. Im just sick of mods thinking they're the shit on the boards. Like they are the elitist and we are the cattle. :rolleyes:

~kAt~

Un-written rule my ass. As Moderators, they represent Club Planet. They represent this board as a business. The reason they are moderators is because they are supposed to be professional, intelligent, non-judgemental, and decisive.

I see a lack of those qualities in many moderators throughout the club boards. They get a little power and *boom*..."I'm the QUEEN / KING". Nope, not even close. An internet message board doesn't give you all the perks of the clubs and a good name.

Especially with the written displays via the boards, certain mods are giving themselves a bad name. Whether drama board or not, they're supposed to be neutral posters as well mature minded in handling situations. And it doesn't just stay here in this forum. You are sadly mistaken. It gets carried through all of the forums.

But hey, then again, its not my money. Its DaVe's. And its not my reputation, it's his and the appointed moderator's. Not mine.

~kAt~ *sorry Im bored today* :D

I never said it was just on this board Spragga. I said it was evident through out many of the boards. There's only one board I never see any drama on and it shall remain nameless for the sake of not trying to call any out.

I use to be a moderator and I too flawed at moment on certain boards where I shouldn't have. But now, as I see they behavior of many, I see that it should be a neutral position as it once was. Not some nagging bitch or asshole guy screaming at someone merely because of a "title". They're no better then everyone else. Please, I am capable of getting all the extra goodies that they do and Im simply a clubber.

Oh well....its their own fault they get the aggrivation. I think they should be neutral and post on both sides of the coins. Both good and bad. Not call out people in sheer embarrassment. There's much more appriate means they can take in regards to handling certain situations. But I guess that being rude to people and speaking to them as children is a sign of how they were raised. Be arrogant to others and they shall return the favor.

But as all of this may go unnoticed, its merely my opinion. And even if it's worth nothing to you or any other poster for that matter, it's worth millions to me. Enjoy the rest of your day as well as the Holidays.

luv,

kAt :)

It's cool that you did express your opinion because, like you said, it may go unnoticed if you didn't! Power can be a bicth and peeps like to abuse it a lot of the time!

I actually stopped posting on CP for a few weeks before I myself got called out by a few teenage jackoffs (sorry - check out some of the threads from the drama board). I came to the realization that it is "just a message board" and you gotta take the good with the bad. In a perfect world, there would be zero drama and everything would be chill! But what I did was stoop down to their level and I felt like I was in high school defending my "manhood" - What a fucking joke!

Okay - I think I'm rambling on too much here - but the point I was trying to make is that if peeps try to diss, slander or embarass - say your peace and that's it! People calling out other peeps, abuse of power and shit like that will always exist - try not to let it bother you as much as it bothered me...Life's too f'n great to let a-holes mess it up!

Now go have a happy holiday!! :)

Ragga!

P.S. You might have to PM me with that "non-drama" place!

I use to be a moderator and I too flawed at moment on certain boards where I shouldn't have. But now, as I see they behavior of many, I see that it should be a neutral position as it once was. Not some nagging bitch or asshole guy screaming at someone merely because of a "title". They're no better then everyone else. Please, I am capable of getting all the extra goodies that they do and Im simply a clubber.

Speaking of profanity. Listen i am not tripping. But I am doing 9 things at once over here. Basically everyone is on vacation and since my family is in NY I got the honor of holding down the fort. The things I say may not be pretty and wrapped in a bow but it's for real. And it seems you are just a really angry person. Next time instead of bitching why don't you come to a meet up and see why I really don't pay much mind when you complain. Our "CUSTOMERS" are very satisfied.

Originally posted by misskittie

be neutral and in a proper manner? I don't think they should have the authority to be bitchy when they please because they have a stinkin title under their name. Big whoop - youre a moderator. You should try to keep the peace throughout the board. In addition, you should also try to sound somewhat intelligent rather then making yourself sound like a fool with all the profanity you use in your text.

Some people just let the "authority" swell their heads too much.

Exactly.

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

Next time instead of bitching why don't you come to a meet up and see why I really don't pay much mind when you complain. Our "CUSTOMERS" are very satisfied.

1. I'm not bitching (you were the one who voluntarily took on that role in our instant message conversation this evening which I may feel obliged to post for all to read) :D

2. What could my presence at a meetup possibly prove to me in regards to a moderator's behavior via an internet board?

3. When was I complaining? (Again, you took on that role in the conversation by trying to condone your actions to me. If you came to me directly and took offense in any way, shape, or manner, then it looks like you were the whiner and not myself. I merely stated opinions which I happen to have.)

4. You sure you're customers are satisfied? I actually received some praise privately from complete strangers for posting this. That doesn't sound like they're very happy if in agreeance.

Whatever you say to me Lainie, it will not change my pointof view. Nothing you can say will make me think otherwise. I feel moderators should behave in a certain way and I'm allowed to think that. Maybe if moderators did do exactly what their title exclaims, the boards would all be a bit more peaceful.

Again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

~kAt~ =^..^= *still prrrr'ing*

Completely you have a right to your opinion. No matter how wrong you are. And well I guess you think a moderator is just supposed to sit here and break up fights but that is not the case. We get involved and out there and have fun with other CPer's I think you said this "BOARD IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT". Well these are still real people. And they have real lives and we try to make them a little better. BTW you didn't organize the largest meet up which was the FLOAT HOLIDAY PARTY. Had to Clarify.

Originally posted by misskittie

3. When was I complaining? (Again, you took on that role in the conversation by trying to condone your actions to me. If you came to me directly and took offense in any way, shape, or manner, then it looks like you were the whiner and not myself. I merely stated opinions which I happen to have.)

4. You sure you're customers are satisfied? I actually received some praise privately from complete strangers for posting this. That doesn't sound like they're very happy if in agreeance.

youve been complaining for quite a while (not that thee is anything wrong with that, i am a whiny bastard myself) and i am also very satisfied with the board

I'll let the conversation speak for itself. I'm not going to even give a rebutal to your last post. But, hmm I suppose this might count as one in some people's eyes. Oh well. I need to go to bed. Santa's on his way :D

AureliaEnt: do we have a personal problem here?

Madam KittE: Do you honestly believe I'd answer such a question without a formal introduction first taking place?

AureliaEnt: Sorry I am COTONCANDYDREAM

AureliaEnt: or Lainie

AureliaEnt: and you are Katherine

AureliaEnt: or Kat?

Madam KittE: Okay...and as for the question...?

Madam KittE: Kat is just fine

AureliaEnt: do we have a personal problem here?

Madam KittE: What could you possibly mean by "personal problem"?

AureliaEnt: well seems that the word bitch is being thrown around alot

AureliaEnt: on the board directed towards a certain female moderator that also

AureliaEnt: happens to work at CP

AureliaEnt: hmmmmmmmmmmm

AureliaEnt: that is not a cool thing

AureliaEnt: considering she is doing her job

Madam KittE: First off, I never pinpointed CP's moderators solely. I directed it at all moderators on all boards.

AureliaEnt: yes the bitches and assholes comment

AureliaEnt: that was quite sweet

Madam KittE: Secondly, I said both male and female.

Madam KittE: Why thank you. I too thought it was a nice added touch myself.

AureliaEnt: considering

AureliaEnt: you said we shouldn't

AureliaEnt: use profanity

AureliaEnt: but continue

Madam KittE: Right. You as moderators should not

AureliaEnt: And where is that in the handbook?

Madam KittE: Posters are a different story. We, unlike you, do not work for the board. There's a certain business persona which you are supposed to display.

Madam KittE: I was merely stating my opinion.

AureliaEnt: Ahhhhh see your opinion however is not fact

Madam KittE: Who ever said it was written somewhere? I never knew I couldn't state what I felt.

AureliaEnt: we are basically tehre to keep it real

AureliaEnt: we are there to keep personal

AureliaEnt: promotion off the boards

Madam KittE: Right. "Keep it real" and be professional

AureliaEnt: and make it about the parties

Madam KittE: What do you think the word "moderator" means?

AureliaEnt: Hun I truely restrain

AureliaEnt: what we would like to say to some people

Madam KittE: I wonder why

AureliaEnt: on the boards

AureliaEnt: until a certain point

AureliaEnt: MODERATOR

Madam KittE: You do not restrain

AureliaEnt: as in to moderatoe survey and host

AureliaEnt: a board

Madam KittE: You behave like a barbarian on the boards

AureliaEnt: Hmmmmmm

AureliaEnt: well

AureliaEnt: seems like you haven't been reading

AureliaEnt: all the boards

AureliaEnt: because

AureliaEnt: we have a couple hundred

AureliaEnt: people

AureliaEnt: enjoying themselves

AureliaEnt: at all these meet up

AureliaEnt: and giveaways

AureliaEnt: and sdoing in for

AureliaEnt: OMG FREEEEEEEEEEEE

AureliaEnt: so I just wanted to know exactly

AureliaEnt: when you were gonna

AureliaEnt: get to a fact around here somewhere

Madam KittE: Honey, let me just tell you...a moderator is one who "mediates" and does not take sides. They keep neutral. And the neutrality is to remain on all levels. You are there to keep peace. Not run a muck.

AureliaEnt: are you a moderator?

Madam KittE: When "I" was going to get to a fact?

AureliaEnt: Well hmmm

AureliaEnt: when the owner of CP

AureliaEnt: tell someone

AureliaEnt: to do something

AureliaEnt: and they don't

AureliaEnt: and then

Madam KittE: Listen, if you felt you were doing nothing wrong, then you would not be sitting here trying to condone your behavior on the boards to me.

AureliaEnt: asks me to handle it

AureliaEnt: i do it

AureliaEnt: in whatever

AureliaEnt: manner I please

AureliaEnt: he knows how I am

Madam KittE: As to many others.

Madam KittE: do*

AureliaEnt: yes

AureliaEnt: and they seem to be fine with it

Madam KittE: You're supposed to arbitrate. But again, that is my opinion.

AureliaEnt: or did you miss our meet up pics?

AureliaEnt: I do arbitrate

AureliaEnt: to the point

Madam KittE: Well then that's fabulous but I was saying what I felt it how it should be done. Im not saying it will be followed.

AureliaEnt: I showed up

AureliaEnt: to a party

AureliaEnt: just to protect one of our members

AureliaEnt: from another board member

AureliaEnt: harrassing her

Madam KittE: The meetups have no relevance to this conversation. It's quite simple to get a group of people together. Remember, I set up the largest one going as of yet.

AureliaEnt: Ummmm

AureliaEnt: kat

AureliaEnt: you were cool with me that night

AureliaEnt: and that is great

AureliaEnt: understand something

Madam KittE: Well its sad that internet boards are brought into the real world when they are meant solely as entertainment.

AureliaEnt: for a long time cp

AureliaEnt: has been off

AureliaEnt: and now

AureliaEnt: it's back in the street

AureliaEnt: and on point

AureliaEnt: hosting

AureliaEnt: and doing great things

AureliaEnt: I can not be mary poppins

AureliaEnt: nor everywhere at once

AureliaEnt: between the office

AureliaEnt: boards

AureliaEnt: meet ups

Madam KittE: Lainie...are you reading what I type?

AureliaEnt: and nye

AureliaEnt: I am drained

Madam KittE: Stop for a moment here.

AureliaEnt: and Dave is in Michigan

AureliaEnt: This site

AureliaEnt: is not meant

AureliaEnt: for pure entertainment

AureliaEnt: it's that and more

AureliaEnt: come january

AureliaEnt: you'll see

AureliaEnt: this is a business

AureliaEnt: and a very good one right now

Madam KittE: I know exactly what it is

AureliaEnt: with a very small staff

AureliaEnt: great

AureliaEnt: you know so much

Madam KittE: But from a business perspective, you make the company look bad with your commentaries throughout the board.

AureliaEnt: like what

Madam KittE: You needn't be sarcastic with me.

AureliaEnt: FUCLUBBKID

AureliaEnt: thing?

AureliaEnt: or the BLOWFLYII thing

Madam KittE: You know what, this conversation has concluded.

AureliaEnt: yes and that is your opinion

AureliaEnt: and not fact

Madam KittE: I don't appreciate some girl I do not know IM'ing me in the middle of the night to harrass me about my POINT OF VIEW.

AureliaEnt: I am not harrassing you

AureliaEnt: I am explaining why

AureliaEnt: things are the way they are

AureliaEnt: and if you have a problem

Madam KittE: No kidding its my opinion. I clearly stated it was in the post and throughout this convo

AureliaEnt: with promoters

AureliaEnt: not being able

AureliaEnt: to promote

AureliaEnt: their lists

AureliaEnt: talk to dave

AureliaEnt: and he'll tell you the same thing

Madam KittE: I have a problem with moderators behaving like imbeciles.

AureliaEnt: Again

Madam KittE: Which is precisely what you are doing now.

AureliaEnt: your opinion

Madam KittE: Good night...and enjoy your holiday.

AureliaEnt: And I think you are a hypocritic

AureliaEnt: jealous

AureliaEnt: woman

AureliaEnt: Happy Holidays

*this is MY entertainment and in no way affects my real life in the world in which I reside* :cool:

Yup quite entertaining. And I stand behind every word. I love when people who are so far removed from situations try to pretend like they understand everything. And I will quote Myself

AureliaEnt: we have a couple hundred

AureliaEnt: people

AureliaEnt: enjoying themselves

AureliaEnt: at all these meet up

that is all that matters to me

:D

Originally posted by willot

hated by thousands...

thats all that matters to me...

>bravo bravo<

Those words sing to me. ;)

~kAt~ *go ahead Lainie, keep on humoring me....* :D

Sorry, had to edit...couple hundred as opposed to the couple thousand that are registered on CP? Maybe tens of thousands registered....doesn't seem like your numbers are too good there honey. Proof is in the pudding! :tongue:

Guess Im not so far removed after all now am I?!

I'd love to see when you finally present a point that holds some weight. Thus far, it seems as though youre tossing a lot of crud my way. :rolleyes:

Well I also think moderators should keep it professional. No name calling, no giving up peoples identities on the board no matter what. For example with FUCLUBKID I believe that was unecessary for him to be called out for posting under a different name because there has been lots of other incidents and lots of imposters and they never got called out. This is just a messageboard just for entertainment between users. But when It comes to the employers they should keep it professional. No need to yell at users, or behave in a childish manner. Once you become an employer you have other resposibilities and one big responsibility is to keep it professional because you have an image. You are representing Clubplanet. I also dont agree with posts being deletted, or edited. No matter how ugly it got on the messageboards as far as my knowledge, everything was left alone.

I agree with FoxyRoxy and Misskittie. Not to get into the drama or anything but I feel it's very important that moderators remain neutral in disputes because it is really quite impossible to moderate from any other position than the middle. Further, it is absolutely correct that these people represent the company. If one were writing a letter to another company that had, say, violated a trade agreement or a copyright, one would not suggest the CEO go fawk himself. Or perhaps more similar to the moderator position, a lawyer in court is representing a party, whether innocent or guilty, and cannot possibly present a case based on the following: "This is our minimal evidence but I think the defendant is a crybaby wuss piece of shit and should be locked up." That would not win anyone then respect of the courtroom. Similarly moderators cannot win the respect of their forums if they accuse and belittle rather methodically and maturely present the issues and make negotiations. Some moderators have done extremely well with this and others have fallen somewhat short. I'm not saying, by any means, that the moderators should be silent watchdogs on the boards. They should be able to participate, state opinions and joke around with other members, but the profanity, accusations and pretentions should be done away with entirely and in the quickest manner possible.