Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bluegirl

I Dont Understand Some Virgins??

35 posts in this topic

so me and my friends got into this debate the other day

i know two virgins

one wants to wait to marriage etc and has bf but only kisses them

the other does about everything else except intercourse

now i do not understand the latter

because if the main principle of virginity is purity and waiting till marriage it just doesnt make any sense

it makes me draw the conclusion that the latter is only a virgin because she was told all throughout her life not to have sex before marriage, and if she was also told not to give bjs then maybe she would also refrain from that

the former however makes sense as it is a belief that she follows not just because she was told not to, but because she wants to

so what are ur opinions sexboard??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by glowdancer

so me and my friends got into this debate the other day

i know two virgins

one wants to wait to marriage etc and has bf but only kisses them

the other does about everything else except intercourse

now i do not understand the latter

because if the main principle of virginity is purity and waiting till marriage it just doesnt make any sense

it makes me draw the conclusion that the latter is only a virgin because she was told all throughout her life not to have sex before marriage, and if she was also told not to give bjs then maybe she would also refrain from that

the former however makes sense as it is a belief that she follows not just because she was told not to, but because she wants to

so what are ur opinions sexboard??

what you're saying makes sooooo much sense :)

my first semester at school i started hanging out with three virgin boys who all came from the same catholic school...

one of them lost his virginity by the end of the semester to this seemingly random girl... i mean they were boyfriend and girlfriend but not for more then 2 months...

the other one hooks up on a constant basis and does everything but sex and says that hes waiting till marriage because thats the one thing he'd be able to give his wife that he didn't give anyone else...

the third one has begun questioning the whole waiting thing and has admitted that if he had a girlfriend for a long time and fell in love with her he'd probably want to have sex with her...

weirdly enough... all these boys are sophomores so they have a year under their belts... either way it's weird to see the transition to how people thought back in high school and how it begins to change...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by glowdancer

so me and my friends got into this debate the other day

i know two virgins

one wants to wait to marriage etc and has bf but only kisses them

the other does about everything else except intercourse

now i do not understand the latter

because if the main principle of virginity is purity and waiting till marriage it just doesnt make any sense

it makes me draw the conclusion that the latter is only a virgin because she was told all throughout her life not to have sex before marriage, and if she was also told not to give bjs then maybe she would also refrain from that

the former however makes sense as it is a belief that she follows not just because she was told not to, but because she wants to

so what are ur opinions sexboard??

well i agree with your conclusion; and its prolly right...but also maybe the girl that does everything except eff's ; maybe she feels that that this is correct not to do and wants to enjoy at least something if shes not giving it up; just cuz ur a virgin must you be a freaking nun as well??

my two cents

:bounce:

cd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by chynado11

well i agree with your conclusion; and its prolly right...but also maybe the girl that does everything except eff's ; maybe she feels that that this is correct not to do and wants to enjoy at least something if shes not giving it up; just cuz ur a virgin must you be a freaking nun as well??

my two cents

:bounce:

cd

i like that answer. i mean, giving and/or receiving oral sex is one thin, having actual intercourse is another. just cuz the girl wants to wait till she finds that special person, doesnt mean she cant have her fun with her bf's. now if the girl is goin around givin everyone in town head but boasts how she's a virgin, then she's a hypocrite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it really depends on what you consider intimate. To me...oral is more intimate than sex (ya never know where that things been and you're gonna put it in your mouth????)

Since we're on this...I hooked up with a girl in college who wanted to wait until marriage. Yet, we met at a bar and that night she let me give her anal. WTF is that about?:confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by bkissa

i agree w. glowdancer.

i am a virgin but im not engaging in oral or (lol q-ny) anal which i think are just as intimate. not because im waiting for marriage but waiting for at least someone i care about.

i dont even kiss guys i have no feeling for. guess im prude. :rolleyes:

no way girl... that's not prude. i respect the fact that you care about what you do and with whom. i wish i had always been like that because it took more than a few mistakes to make me realize how pointless random hooking up can be. maybe its because i want a relationship now and anything that doesn't involve/lead to one is a waste of time. btw, glowdancer, you made a good point... i think if youre gonna stay pure for marriage, stay completely pure. errr but i guess thats debatable if you love someone very much and want to do something with them like xtcgspot said... personally, i think if you love someone enough, you should be able to show them that. waiting for marriage seems a bit dated to me. whatever floats you boat tho!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"debatable" is a word

now i agree with xtcgspot. oral sex and intercourse are very different things psychologically, ie intercourse is more significant in that you are willing to risk pregnancy

not that there is anything wrong with that

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i totally agree with oral being more intimate then actual intercourse... i would not just let anyone out their mouth on me and in the same token i wouldn't put my mouth on just anyone... :tongue:

as for being prude ~ bkissa girly, hell no! you get props for being strong enough to make a decision like that and stick to it no matter what... i dont kiss people i have no feeling for... i don't see the point... kudos to you~

:love:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with dcs on this one. I don't understand virgins at all. I mean, if you're older than 18, maybe 20, what are you waiting for? The marriage thing is kind of laughable. No, very laughable. could anyone here imagine having sex with a person for the first time AFTER getting married. What if you're just not sexually compatible? Are these virgins seeking a virgin to marry? cuz, if not, it could be awkward with one being much more experienced than the other. What if the virgin suddenly realizes after marriage, that there might be someone better out there?

As for these chics that run around doing everthing but putting a dick in a pussy, and calling themselves virgins, even bragging about it, what a load of crap.

Also, as you get older, more people will be less willing to get involved with a virgin, due to the emotional attachment that may happen. I also know a girl that is 28 and a virgin. She didn't get it out during her college years, and now that she is older wishes she had. Now she can't get laid to save her life, she comes off totally desperate.

C'mon people, it's only sex. I agree that your first time should be with someone you care about, but as the years go on, ya just gotta give in and fuck someone that you just like. I respect the decision to remain virginal, and applaud anyone that can, but I don't understand at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the only reason I can see that sex is "immoral" is that you are taking a risk with unwanted babies. Technically you have that risk even if you're married though.

There is the risk of diseases, but that's you're own personal risk. cost-benefit analysis.

Adultry is bad cause it breaks up families. You could get into swinging or have an open marriage, but that probably wouldn't be too good for the kids lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

::ahem::i feel its necessary to give my 2 cents here......... being a virgin doesnt mean one cant have other ways of pleasuring his/herself by engaging in oral sex or foreplay or whatever first of all... cuz like xtcgspot said... intercourse and oral are 2 very different things.... and as bigpoppa said.. u run the risk of gettin pregnant... and all sorts of emotional and physical responsibilities and some people just arent ready to deal with that... some people are content and satisfied with giving/receiving pleasure other ways that actually having sex... sometimes the pleasure of it is not worth the stress and worrying about protection and getting pregnant and abortions and all the other good shit that comes along with having sex with someone... or everyone if thats the case. but whatever... people are virgins for a reason. whether its that they were brought up to wait until marriage, wait until they feel "ready", wait until they have a special someone whom they love and trust... i dont think someone who just isnt ready for sex should be misunderstood or quesitoned... cuz while some people are comfortable and ready to have sex.. whether it be with different people or just one special someone, some people just arent.

siiiiigh..... ::spokenlikeatruevirgin::

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by bkissa

i agree w. glowdancer.

i am a virgin but im not engaging in oral or (lol q-ny) anal which i think are just as intimate. not because im waiting for marriage but waiting for at least someone i care about.

i dont even kiss guys i have no feeling for. guess im prude. :rolleyes:

tsk

tsk

tsk

u never came on the board with a full review of ur first...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOw , what a blast from the past :eek:

Originally posted by linabina

u run the risk of gettin pregnant... and all sorts of emotional and physical responsibilities and some people just arent ready to deal with that... some people are content and satisfied with giving/receiving pleasure other ways that actually having sex... sometimes the pleasure of it is not worth the stress and worrying about protection and getting pregnant and abortions and all the other good shit that comes along with having sex with someone... or everyone if thats the case. but whatever... people are virgins for a reason. whether its that they were brought up to wait until marriage, wait until they feel "ready", wait until they have a special someone whom they love and trust... i dont think someone who just isnt ready for sex should be misunderstood or quesitoned... cuz while some people are comfortable and ready to have sex.. whether it be with different people or just one special someone, some people just arent.

siiiiigh..... ::spokenlikeatruevirgin::

Nice words, lina :)

I'll write more later, but this is a nice, refreshining thread ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be a virgin doesn't necessarily mean:

A) you're ugly and can't get someone

B) you don't like sex

C) you're dumb or naive

People who practice virginity, in my opinion, are very strong willed individuals. I for one have had a few opportunities to go all the way, but did not pursue it, just because 1) i've heard of people regretting it(and who;d want to regret something so nice and special), 2) it involves a lot of emotions, and 3) the fear of pregnancy/disease/etc...

Also, i don't believe oral sex and sex are the same. Penetration is one thing, but orally pleasing someone is (to me) much lighter and more playful, yet still gratifying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by linabina

::ahem::i feel its necessary to give my 2 cents here......... being a virgin doesnt mean one cant have other ways of pleasuring his/herself by engaging in oral sex or foreplay or whatever first of all... cuz like xtcgspot said... intercourse and oral are 2 very different things.... and as bigpoppa said.. u run the risk of gettin pregnant... and all sorts of emotional and physical responsibilities and some people just arent ready to deal with that... some people are content and satisfied with giving/receiving pleasure other ways that actually having sex... sometimes the pleasure of it is not worth the stress and worrying about protection and getting pregnant and abortions and all the other good shit that comes along with having sex with someone... or everyone if thats the case. but whatever... people are virgins for a reason. whether its that they were brought up to wait until marriage, wait until they feel "ready", wait until they have a special someone whom they love and trust... i dont think someone who just isnt ready for sex should be misunderstood or quesitoned... cuz while some people are comfortable and ready to have sex.. whether it be with different people or just one special someone, some people just arent.

siiiiigh..... ::spokenlikeatruevirgin::

hahaha wow i wrote this so long ago... and i couldnt say it any better now:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0