Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How can one person affect another person so much?

fierydesire

Originally posted by fierydesire

I mean only through words and actions? Like they can turn your whole world upside down with the use of words. :confused: Are the words that powerful or is it the person themselves?

I think it's more like the meaning behind the words, or what we think the other person means....or what we wish they meant..

As for the action part....I usually stick by the "actions speak louder than words" thing....

:D

Originally posted by fierydesire

I mean only through words and actions? Like they can turn your whole world upside down with the use of words. :confused: Are the words that powerful or is it the person themselves?

I think if someone affects you simply with words alone is because that person hit a nerve...That person might have told you something that in the back of your mind is very true....One thing is this you can't hide from the truth no matter who are...

...to be affected, at least imo. The very same words delivered by the same person in the same tone can affect you differently depending on what you choose to feel about things. One can instantly react to something, and that is when we most frequently project our own "issues" or wants or needs onto what another says or does. One can also exercise the gift that is unique to humans, and that is free will. We can choose not to react, but to take the few moments to actually think on what was said and done, and then choose how we act on the information that we were just given.

Personally, I don't like to give someone else power over me. Not that I wouldn't choose to be affected, like with positive, life enhancing things, but I know it is up to me if I allow it.

Truth in both word and deed is most desirable, but most often, behavior is the most congruous evidence of integrity or lack thereof.

Another shameless rambling Wannabe post, in her foolish quest to lose the New Skool designation!

for me it's the person...not what they say.....meaning..someone who means nothing to me could say something very mean/loving/whatever~~>and it has a lesser effect....but there i some people that i care so much about..that a simple peep from them can decide how my day goes.

i wish this wasn't true but .....:(

in my opinion words don't really have an effect on me unless it's said by someone that i really care about. the tone of a persons voice is important. the tone reflects how a person is feeling. the same words can be said by someone i care about and by just someone i know and the words have different effects on me. i guess it's more emotional when i hear words for someone i care about as opposed to someone i just know

One person can change you completely in the way you think and of course act. One girl changed the way I dressed and lived my life. All for the better but she's not here anymore :(

We are all influenced by other people, just depends who we wanna be influenced by I guess.

DG...it goes both ways.

I agree that it is more of the person that can affect you so much.

Nitro....I guess your right cause in this particular case he knew things about me that others didnt and he did say something that was true.

Apothesis..I agree with you 100%

Marcid..yeah actions may speak louder thwn words..but words have such a powerful influence IMO..

Originally posted by dgmodel

however woman are the ones who choose words, when men usually hurt with actions... IMO...

thats an intresting observation...maybe they feel that with words it will help with the emotions that they feel from the actions...either way you look at it, words are strong and a lot of times people dont understand ...IMO