Clubplanet Nightlife Community

question for someone else who has the NUMARK CDN-88

we'll I want to know if its just the way this model is....or if its specific to the one I have.

Basically 2 things

1) It will increase/decrease the speed of the song on its own. For example...It will register at say 140 BPM...and will decrease on down to 138.5 at some point...the maybe back to 139.5. Basically it never stays put. This obviously sucks when your trying to match beats...even if you dont use the counter. Say you are matched...then all of a sudden youre not anymore because the machine altered the BPM"s up or down causing you to be off. It affects the ability to stay matched for a long period of time. Does anyone else have this?

2) The other is that it seems to "miss" a beat here and there. I dont know how to best explain it...but it almost sounds like a skip but its not really a skip. It seems to just not hit hard on one beat every so often...often enough though thats its noticable after a while.

So I guess I want to know if others are having these problems. If so...is there any way around it? do I have a busted one?

Please help!

urs is NOT busted :screwy:

the bpm moves due to an inaccurate reading(which will never be perfect)

alot of mp3's are warped so the bpm will move some thus if ur useing mp3's you might train wreck a bit even with the beats locked

also the beat missing thing.... i think it just might be the song ....rewind it back and see if it hits then

question for you though........dont you think that if we didnt have a deck that was automatically registering the BPM and altering the true speed of the song based on what its reading....it wouldnt move? Meaning....the Denon 2600 does not read the BPM for you....thus when a beat misses (for whatever reason) it would not alter the true speed of the song like the CDN-88 does. The CDN-88 is slowing the song down or speeding it up based on what it reads. The Denon does not do this...so I wouldnt think it would have this problem. Can anyone give some feedback who has the Denon......

I disagree....when you manually tap in the bpm....the song will speed up or down based on what you tap in. Same thing for when the BeatKeeper automatically does the BPM. Try it...manually tap 8 beats in real slow on a song that is in the 140's. It will slow the song down. So its doing more than just registering the BPM....its speeding up or slowing down the song.

Thoughts?

actually I take back the part about tapping in beats...it doesnt move with that..my bad. But...regardless the problem is still there...I will be matched for a certain period of time (usually like 16-32 beats) and then all of a sudden..I am not matched any more. Its not right...I cant figure it out.

same thing happens with mine.....u must be useing burned cd's....what happenes is that a click will eventualy happen in the mp3 and that will throw everything out of wack or who ever ripped it did a bad job(?) and its warped.....i think you need real cd's to have it work perfectly...and those are hard to come by for certain types of electronica......CD PLAYERS SUCK i hate my shit ....its so fustrating!!!!

i can wait to get 1200's when i hit the lottery.....

and that will never happen

cd players are toys ...unless you spin hiphop

i was fuckin around on it(cdn88's) today and i ended up putting a hole thru my f-ckin wall:mad:

these mp3 rips start at 1 tempo and move

ex... start will be 134.5 middle of track133.6 end of track 134.0

shit sux...id go buy a TT and rip my own but it would prob be just as f'ked up