Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Test

prplhz

Originally posted by prplhz

I agree all it ever is, is cheesy posts about parties. No knocks on anybody just saying there is never anything besides promotions on this board anymore. How does everyone like me avator, someone finally showed me how to do it?

It's cute chica;)

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Well, it looks like there are three of us here now... we pretty much own the Boston board. :tongue:

Vikki, do you work downtown?? There was someone on this board that worked right by my old job downtown, were you the one I'm thinking of??

Anyone got plans for the weekend? (God, it's only Tuesday!):blank:

Yes that's me. I work in downtown. Jessica (prplhz) does too now. Where are you working now?

Nope no plans for the weekend yet....

I just started a new job last week in Waltham. I wasn't crazy about the idea of working outside the city, but when I got the job offer, let's just say.......... :jawdrop:

So, I bought a new car (Acura RSX, love it), and became a 9 - 5er again. Getting laid off was definitely the best thing that ever happened to me!!! :D

How was your New Year's/Christmas/all that jazz?? (that question applies to anyone!)

I will answer your thread, since this is the first conversation that I have had on this board in like weeks. Well New Years was awesome, I had a really good time hanging out with friends. Went to a bar here in Boston until 3 or so and then went back and partied at my B-friends house. The days have been going by kind of quickly since the New Years, in the beginning of my tax season so working a lot.

Glad to hear about your new job, what is it that you are doing? How far of a drive to Waltham? Nice car!!

I don't have any plans as of yet for this weekend, don't really know what I am going to do, relax or go nuts:eek: ...

Sounds like your new year's was cool... mine was pretty similar, or at least that's what they tell me! :drunk:

I live in Allston on Comm. Ave, so the drive to Waltham takes 15-20 mins without traffic, 30+ with. The only thing that sucks is finding parking if I don't get back home by 7ish.

As for work, I always say that I do "computer stuff." I could give ya a long, boring job description that even I barely understand, but who the hell wants that anyway? It's not as bad as it sounds though, I get to work with people a lot which is cool.

Man, this time of year is ROUGH for accountants (or anyone who works with taxes). I would DEFINITELY go crazy this weekend... you're not going to have much chance to cut loose in a few weeks!

I'm debating whether or not to go see Parks & Wilson at Axis on Friday, then who knows (read: local bars) on Sat. Something always ends up popping up on the weekends though so I'm sure I'll find something to do.

How do you and Vikkii know each other? Just from CP??

Too bad I don't work downtown still, we could've grabbed lunch or something. Oh well.

By the way, where do you usually go out around Boston?

I actually have a friend that lives on Comm. avenue in allston or at least I think it's in Allston, anyways it's near that angora cafe. But anyways I know Vikki we went to college together and have known each other for about 8 years or so, and do the club thing together.

It is too bad that you don't work here in Beantown anymore, it is great to just be able to walk out the door and go where ever, I love it!

I am actually going to start working this saturday for the next 3 months:( , but it will all pay off in the end I guess, or atleast I try to convince myself of that. I am an auditor/tax person, more doing the audits then I have to complete all the way to the end(tax return). All of the companys set their year ends at 12/31, damn them, atleast it's not during the summer. They would never get anybody to work in accounting if that was the case.

I usually go every where, Avalon, Axis, Roxy, Rise and such. But I am always open to new things. What about you? I was thinking I might go to Avalon this friday night to, to see Josh Wink, but I don't know since I will have to work on saturday morning. I was hoping more to find something to do on saturday, but we will see it's only tuesday.

Where are you from originally? Where did you go to school?

Originally posted by prplhz

I agree all it ever is, is cheesy posts about parties. No knocks on anybody just saying there is never anything besides promotions on this board anymore. How does everyone like me avator, someone finally showed me how to do it?

Yo what up everyone, sorry I haven't posted just real busy. prplhz how do you get that pic on there???

Well the only way I can explain it is to find a SMALL picture on the internet, go to a search engine and type in Computer Avatar and you can find something maybe or just find anything. But it has to be small, then save it to your hard drive. Go to your profile and say like edit profile or something like that, but you want the option to change avatar, and go to the bottom and browse, find your pic on your computer and say okay, easy as that. But like I said it has to be small about 50X50 pixels. I had to chop mine down. Good luck!

You can download it to a site too, but don't know how to do that. Sorry!

Yeah, working downtown is the best... there are so many good places to eat, shop and all of that. I used to like hanging out in Post Office square when the weather's nice.

I'm originally from a small suberb outside of Worcester (Thank God I'm in Boston now), and I graduated from WPI in the Spring of 2000. Where did you and Vikki go to school??

I know how much the tax/audit thing sucks. I've got a couple of friends who do it, and their lives seem to be miserable from January until tax day. Hang in there though, it definitely will be worth it in the end.

Where do you work? (you don't have to be too specific if you don't want). My last job was with PricewaterhouseCoopers, but on the consultant side, not the tax/audit side. Working for a big firm was kind of nauseating, but some of the perks were just incredible (6 of us put up a $500 bar tab one night at The Rack).

When I go clubbing I almost always go to Avalon or Axis. I usually like to see more well-known DJs and they've got that corner of the market covered. I used to go to Karma for Spin Cycle once in a while, that's a good time. I'd love to go to Rise, I just don't know a memeber and have never really tried to get in... are you a member? Got any tips?

Also, do you live in Boston or just work here??

Vikki and I went to Salem State, I graduated in 1999 and she in 2000. It was a great school for the money that I spent to go there and I am happy with the education that I got while there. I mean I have jobs next to people who went to BC and stuff, it's all a matter of how much you apply yourself and how well you can pick up on things.

Believe me I am misserable already, but it hasn't been too bad yet, but already clients are pushing me off, but I have no time to spare. I have clients on deadlines, and well I will stop my bitching but you know what I mean. PWC, is a great palce to work, did you work at the one on Federal Street? I know a few people that work there.

I used to work for a larger firm then I currently do and we used to run up tabs like that all the plus more, believe me $500 is nothing. On my going away party we racked up a $1,000 tab, and I think it was only like 13 of us at the most.

I like to go to Avalon, and Axis too, I usually go when there are big named DJ's, but sometimes I will go to support the local talent as well. I am a member at Rise, I just became a member about 1 month ago, I was so happy. It is a really good time there, I only go on friday nights, but they are having Eddie Baez there on the 25th, I think I might go but I am still debating since I have to work that next day. But Manolo spins there on a monthly basis 3rd friday of every month, last weekend I went for Manolo and it was a sick time, lots of people, and some sick beats. I would have to say if you would really like to go, go to a place like Satellite Records and ask for passes, or Saoundfactory in Boston, that's Manolo's store and he might give out passes.

I am leaving work early tonight, so we can continue our conversation tomorrow, since we are like the only people on this god foresaken board:D

Salem State is definitely a good school. I think college (and even high shool for that matter) is more about how much you apply yourself and less about where you went (I used to work with a bunch of Ivy Leaguers and they're not any better than anyone else!)

Rise definitely sounds like a good time on Fridays. I'd love to hear Manolo spin again. I used to love Avalon Saturdays with the 21+ crowd and Manolo on the decks... I miss it, but there's no way I'm going to Saugus to go clubbing. :tongue:

I guess Steve Porter's starting up his residency at Rise soon. That's something I'd DEF. want to check out. I love to go out and hear the local guys, it just seems harder to find them spinning than it used to. Ever since Nailz took over Saturdays at Avalon and Thursdays at Axis I've been a little bitter I guess!

You should definitely check out Eddie Baez next weekend. You might be hurting from it Saturday, but hey, you're only young once!

How often do you go out? From the sounds of it, when it's not tax season, you go out a lot!

Steve Porter has already started his residency there, I was there I think 2 or 3 weeks ago and heard him and I was pleasantly surprised. He was rocking it! Rise is a good time and I am glad that it has been picking up some popularity lately, it is a really good afterhours and the place is nice inside too!

I do go out a lot, I tend to go out more when it isn't tax season like you said, but then again I am only young once. But I tend to go out friday and saturday nights, but friday nights are going to have to be few and far between for the next 3 months. Once and a while I will venture out but not too often, don't want to be falling asleep on sat mornings:cool:

I tend to go more for the club scene then the bar scene since it isn't very exciting just drinking, drinking and dancing now that's another story:D

You where saying something about going to Avaland this friday night from what I hear Josh Wink, and the other two guys spinning in Axis are supposed to be good. I don't think I will be hitting up Avalon until Lee Burridge, or when Van Buuren come, I have to get and see those guys.

So what other things do you like to do? How old are ya?

I definitely need to check out Rise now. I hate the fact that I have to go home at 2 am as it is, no reason to stop the party! If I end up liking it, any tips on becoming a member?

I definitely perfer clubs to bars too, it's just finding a group of friends that are willing to go clubbing with me that's the trick (for the most part my Boston-based friends love the bar scene). However, when a big name comes to Avalon I'll always have a big group willing to go out, which is cool. I CAN'T WAIT for Burridge or Van Buuren. If you had asked me a month ago the two DJs I'd most want to see (that I haven't already seen before) they'd DEFINITELY be my first two choices... it's like someone read my mind. You definitely shouldn't miss either night! Maybe I'll try to get my hands on some Rise passes for those dates.

Aside from the clubbing thing I love to just go out and find new places around the city. At my old job (oh, and yes, I did work at 160 Federal, although I rarely worked out of the office. My job was like 90% travel). Anyway, when I was consulting I'd have huge periods of "beach time" where I wouldn't have to go into work, but I'd still get paid. I used to grab a couple of CDs, throw on a pair of comfy shoes and go for insanely long walks around the city, just to see what I'd bump into (and for something to do.. it's boring hanging out all day while your friends are at work). It was an awesome way to get to know the city, I found so many good restaraunts, stores, you name it!

But, now that I don't have the luxury of mass amounts of time off with nothing to do, I like to rollerblade, run, hang out with friends of course, check out movies... that kind of thing.

Oh, and I turned 24 in November.

How about yourself, how old are you, what do you like to do?? Who are some of your favorite DJs too?

The only way I am aware that you can become a member, is if you go there and find someone, or know someone that can sponsor you. That is the only way that you can get to be a member is by someone sponsoring you.

I will probably end up going to Rise on those nights as well, it will probably be packed it usually is after a big named DJ.

Well I am a fitness addict so you can take from that whatever you want, but I really don't have much spare time, because of work. But I enjoy going to the gym and running, hiking, skiing when I can and reading. And spending time with my friends and boyfriend. Nothing too special.

Well my favorite DJ is PVD, but there are a lot of DJ's that I enjoy, Tiesto, Carl Cox, Seb Fountaine, D:Fuse, Tall Paul, Danny T., and some others that I can't think of right now, just about anybody that can drop a fat beat.

I am getting old I am 24 turning 25 in June:( , but I still feel like I am 15...

You're not getting old at all... if you're getting old, that means I'm getting old, and I'm DEFINITELY not getting old! :cool: You're only as old as you feel, and if you feel 15, that's all that matters. Personally I feel like I'm 16-17, especially when I go out hitting clubs.

Do you feel like you're starting to hit that age where you're "too old" to go out? I definitely don't, and I don't feel like I will for a long time. The only thing that scares me is that I'll end up being that guy who's partying with 18 year olds and looks way out of place.

I didn't get into the club scene until just recently (living in Worcester will do that to you), so I feel kind of gyped. Is there going to be some kind of place in 3-5 years where we can go and "club" with people our own age (that will be pushing 30 by then!?!) Maybe we should think about opening up an "aging hipsters" club... I bet we'd make a killinG! :idea:

I like your list of DJs... can't wait to see Carl Cox when he comes to Beantown, I've heard so many good things. I'm itching to plan a trip to NYC, I'm just debating whether to see Danny Howells or DT at Vinyl... I wonder if I could see both in the same weekend?? That'd be one for the books....