Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What in the hell is The Spot?

crownroyal

Event Concepts and Panorama Productions would like to thank you for over 2 ½ years of loyal support. The SPOT has been DC's favorite Friday night party

for 136 weeks, has welcomed over 280,000 attendees and continues to draw thousands of partygoers each week.

However, as the saying goes, "All Good Things Must Come to an End". It is with regret that we announce the closing of The Spot.

------

Please join ECI and Panorama Productions for one last night of MADNESS at the...

GRAND FINALE PARTY

of

THE SPOT

This Friday Night - January 25, 2002 - Doors at 10pm

Party for one last time to the sounds of...

-DJ Sammy B. (Retro 70's and 80's)

-DJ Trencher (Hip Hop, Reggae and Old School)

-DJ William (Merengue, Salsa, Bachata)

-DJ Jose Rodriguez (House, World Beat)

-DJ Casper (Dance Top 40).

The Spot is located at 932 F Street, NW. For more info call 202 271-1171 or visit www.dcspot.com.

-------

Special thanks to all the people that have made the SPOT a success over the past 2 1/2 years:

Our hosts: Abdul, Tesfaye, Andy & Sahle at DC Live, Dave & Maggie at The Ritz Nightclub, (Phat) Cat Primus, Dave at Hype Sound, Soundman Hudson and Angelo at LTBL for creating our venues to party!

Our favorite Spot performers and guests: O.A.R, DJ Skribble, Rob Base & DJ EZ-Rock, Doctor Dre, Ordinary Peoples, Kind of Blue, Liquid Rhythm, Goldie, The Speaks, Billy Mayfield and the Soul Truth, Patrick Alban and all of the bands who performed in our Live Spot

Our partners in promotion: DJ Soho, Sheila at The City Paper, Z104, WHFS, HOT 99.5, Mika & Illon, Mark & Jared, Steve Scott, DJ Kato and Mighty Matt for helping us get the word out.

Our Resident DJs: DJ Sammy B, DJ Jose Rodriquez, DJ William, DJ Trencher, DJ Pete Moutso, DJ Dennis, DJ Darryl T., DJ Ricardo and Alex Kelly for giving us an unprecedented variety of music.

And most importantly, THANK YOU - for keeping The Spot alive for so very long.

Originally posted by funkyfreshdc

i never went...and from what i've heard its not really my scene but i do know people who have had a good time there...and its never a good thing when a club shuts down.

so...why's it closing?

who knows? maybe people werent going there anymore, or panaroma wants to focus more on Glow.

i went there acouple of times, but it was to packed...way to packed each time and it got hotter than a jungle in there..i'd rather spend my friday's at Buzz, Red or The Sanctuary

OK Vixen's gonna jump in here with the clues :)

The Spot is a multilevel, multigenre club that has been run for years now (obviously) and caters to the mainstream "going dancing" crowd. CP'ers would likely not find themselves there. However, I am the kind of person who will indulge herself in cheese now and then, and if you can get yourself whacked and be cheesy for a night, this place is just great. Personally I might be doing just that for the big finale with the exbfs LoLz. The party itself is being renamed, moved and modified and will resume as Zoo@ Insomnia Fridays. And yes, I have reduced 'cause I'm sure you're all gonna go lolz, for real though I am kinda sad no more Spot, but what can ya do? hehehhe

So Crown, if you and Jimi aren't off to Buzz, let's go get wasted and go to the Spot :D

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

So Crown, if you and Jimi aren't off to Buzz, let's go get wasted and go to the Spot :D

I'd totally be down (especially if it's free) except I'm coughing up yellow play dough and my asthma will probably quite literally kill me this weekend.

Originally posted by crownroyal

I'd totally be down (especially if it's free) except I'm coughing up yellow play dough and my asthma will probably quite literally kill me this weekend.

Umm the Spot or Buzz, lets think rationally here crown.

For me it will be 1223 to see TyT spin then off to buzz for DD. Never been to the spot and from the looks of it never will be