Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubbers vs Ravers

malanee

Is there a difference? What is it? What do you consider yourself?

Me? I think of Clubbers as people who enjoy the music and the scene, but aren't quite as serious as Ravers about who is spinning what. Clubbers will stand a little more cheese, while Ravers are very protective of the scene and can be snobby about DJs and clubs.

I'm probably a Clubber more than a raver - because a fun night at Heaven is still better to me than hearing a great DJ in a crappy venue with a crappy crowd.

Don't get me wrong - I truly appreciate good DJ skillz and I would never accept cheese on a regular basis. However the "fun factor" as one wise person put it - is still very important to me!

Originally posted by malanee

I'm probably a Clubber more than a raver - because a fun night at Heaven is still better to me than hearing a great DJ in a crappy venue with a crappy crowd.

What about hearing a great DJ in a crappy venue with a great crowd? Danny Howells on Labor Day at Vinyl comes to mind. The club itself sucks ass but it was one of my best clubbing nights of 2001.

I always thought of a raver as a person that wears baggy clothes, skittle flavored bracelets, orange sun visor, and felt-tip makeup. Oh yeah, and only goes to raves.

I haven't been to a rave since New Years 1999 Orange County Fairgrounds (Cali Valley). NO, I don't think Buzz is a rave. It's too organized and small.

Originally posted by Kuro

What about hearing a great DJ in a crappy venue with a great crowd? Danny Howells on Labor Day at Vinyl comes to mind. The club itself sucks ass but it was one of my best clubbing nights of 2001.

WERD - no doubt about that!

Originally posted by crownroyal

I always thought of a raver as a person that wears baggy clothes, skittle flavored bracelets, orange sun visor, and felt-tip makeup. Oh yeah, and only goes to raves.

im with crown...and i agree with him again saying buzz is to small to be a rave...dc armory would be more of a rave, starscap eis a rave and in raves the crown is ususally younger.

All those old school, aging party kids say that those massives aren't "real" raves. If I'm having a good time I don't give a fuck if it's a club or a rave. If the people are cool I don't give a fuck if they're clubbers or ravers. But, to answer Malanee's question, what really distinguishes is whether you go to clubs or to raves, and that's really all. Not all kids who go to raves are hardcore into the music, and some of us that go to clubs are. The reverse is also true. I think the hardocre music heads are a different catagory that can be either or both.

All those old school, aging party kids say that those massives aren't "real" raves. If I'm having a good time I don't give a fuck if it's a club or a rave. If the people are cool I don't give a fuck if they're clubbers or ravers. But, to answer Malanee's question, what really distinguishes is whether you go to clubs or to raves, and that's really all. Not all kids who go to raves are hardcore into the music, and some of us that go to clubs are. The reverse is also true. I think the hardocre music heads are a different catagory that can be either or both.

Yeah - but I don't see any hardcore music heads hanging out at Heaven either!

Originally posted by vicman

dude those fucking ufo's you wear to GLOW each week look like a sack of potatoes, stop shopping at WALMART :D

oh god dammit there you go again, you must of confused me with aly again! dammit vic, there must be a way, there must be a way...

Originally posted by malanee

Is there a difference? What is it? What do you consider yourself?

Me? I think of Clubbers as people who enjoy the music and the scene, but aren't quite as serious as Ravers about who is spinning what. Clubbers will stand a little more cheese, while Ravers are very protective of the scene and can be snobby about DJs and clubs.

Don't get me wrong - I truly appreciate good DJ skillz and I would never accept cheese on a regular basis. However the "fun factor" as one wise person put it - is still very important to me!

There isn't much difference if you ask me. Down here in Miami- they enforce the VIP dress codes, so the big difference is the gear. Clubbers are just ravers in dry clean only designer clothes. Plus at least in Miami you have to be 21+ to get into any club. "Clubbers are just grown up ravers."

Does anyone still go to raves? After hearing a superstar DJ spin in a club w/ a Phazon or EAW sound system..........no way, you don't get that kind of ear candy in some abandonded warehouse or empty cornfield!

*When I was in London- they referred to club kids as "hipsters," maybe that's what we are?????

Originally posted by joeygk

Does anyone still go to raves? After hearing a superstar DJ spin in a club w/ a Phazon or EAW sound system..........no way, you don't get that kind of ear candy in some abandonded warehouse or empty cornfield!

Lots of people go to the massives. If I could find parties in abandoned warehouses with cool people and a good vibe I'd happily go to them.

Lots of people go to the massives. If I could find parties in abandoned warehouses with cool people and a good vibe I'd happily go to them.

plus in the "raves" our outdoor thingies watchamacallits even though the sound might not be as good as in a club, there is something to being "al fresco" just like going skini-dipping, its not the same taking a bath in your bathtub than going skinidipping in a lake or what not....i had a blast at Starscape over the summer, the weather, the view of of that bridge in Baltimore (dont remember what its called, the people, vibe, etc) hell they still do thingies watchamacallits like these in the UK (like Creamfields) so I guess alot of people do liek em.....

The last rave I went to consisted of about 200 candy kid ravers, cracked out on enough ecstasy to tweek out an elephant, jumping up and down to Happy Hardcore Gabber at 185 BPM. No Thanks, I'll pass.

I'm not saying they're all the same, but I haven't had any good experiences w/ them.

Originally posted by joeygk

The last rave I went to consisted of about 200 candy kid ravers, cracked out on enough ecstasy to tweek out an elephant, jumping up and down to Happy Hardcore Gabber at 185 BPM. No Thanks, I'll pass.

I'm not saying they're all the same, but I haven't had any good experiences w/ them.

its just a different vibe, much like Regular Cheerios and Apple Cinammon Cherrios or Honey Nut Cherrios or MultiGrain Cheeriios, same idea, different product but some are sweeter than others...

hell they still do thingies watchamacallits like these in the UK (like Creamfields) so I guess alot of people do liek em.....

Yeah....yeah. I went to Gatecrasher overseas, and it was a summer-time outdoor venue. It sucked! I had to take like 3 trains to get there. It rained the day before, so we were dancing in the mud (I think I got swamp foot)! The fields were lined w/ porta-potties that stank somethin' nasty. Plus the sound sucked, it just trailed off. These things just aren't my cup of tea.

oir like M&M, you got regular, peanut, almond, & crunchy...take ur pick, its still an M&M that melts in ur mouth not in your hand however some are more nutty than others :D

Other than squeezeable bottles of grape jelly, the almond M&M's are the best invention ever.

BTW, word on the street is that they have squeezeable bottles of Peanut Butter AND Jelly, all mixed together. Can anyone confirm? Please. This is important that I know.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

BTW, word on the street is that they have squeezeable bottles of Peanut Butter AND Jelly, all mixed together. Can anyone confirm? Please. This is important that I know.

i have not seen them...but i will contact my sources in the industry and verify the facts....

i have not seen them...but i will contact my sources in the industry and verify the facts....

I am going out and buying a loaf of bread today. If it is in fact true that they have finally blended the PB and the J into one squeezeable solution, I will be eating PB&J's for the rest of the week.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Other than squeezeable bottles of grape jelly, the almond M&M's are the best invention ever.

LMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm sitting here in the computer lab at the Law School reading your post, and I start laughing and spit cherry coke all over the guy in front of me!

Shady youre a crack-head. "It's important that I know." :laugh: