Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Getting Involved W/ An Ex-Co-Worker

marcid21

Is this a good or bad thing? I just came back from visiting some ex-co-workers of mine, and got myself in a sticky situation....

When I was on the west coast this October working w/ our design team for a couple weeks, me and the head merchandiser really hit it off. (i think I even posted about him) So anywho.....mostly every night we would all go out and what not....and I guess it was plain to see him and I had this attraction thing going....I think we both strayed from persuing anything because #1 he's a bit older than me...and #2, there's no way in hell anyone that I worked with would have even allowed anything like that to happen.

See...the people I used to work with were more like family than co-workers....and because I was one of the youngest...everyone always kept an eye on me....But regardless, after I came back he'd call every so often and emailed me, and what not...Most of the times the calls and emails weren't work related, or he was just passing along helpful info.......

So anywho...tonite we're all going out to dinner after work...and he caught me at the door and asked if I would want to meet up for a drink after dinner....I thought it would be cool, said yes and asked who was going....turns out it's me and him....and another designer and her boyfriend might catch up with us later....:confused:

The thing is I want to go....and I am attracted to him....but I'm just questioning if it's the "right" thing to do....I know some might think it's all about a grown man wanting to get in my pants...but I really believe it isn't.....Regardless.....I'm a little lost right now....

Help me ....:(

I asked the same question a feww weeks ago...It all depends on how you are going to go about things. If you can keep your provate life and your work separte, then you do as you feel. If you think it's going to be too much, then don't even put yourself into that situaution...

Originally posted by marcid21

Is this a good or bad thing? I just came back from visiting some ex-co-workers of mine, and got myself in a sticky situation....

When I was on the west coast this October working w/ our design team for a couple weeks, me and the head merchandiser really hit it off. (i think I even posted about him) So anywho.....mostly every night we would all go out and what not....and I guess it was plain to see him and I had this attraction thing going....I think we both strayed from persuing anything because #1 he's a bit older than me...and #2, there's no way in hell anyone that I worked with would have even allowed anything like that to happen.

See...the people I used to work with were more like family than co-workers....and because I was one of the youngest...everyone always kept an eye on me....But regardless, after I came back he'd call every so often and emailed me, and what not...Most of the times the calls and emails weren't work related, or he was just passing along helpful info.......

So anywho...tonite we're all going out to dinner after work...and he caught me at the door and asked if I would want to meet up for a drink after dinner....I thought it would be cool, said yes and asked who was going....turns out it's me and him....and another designer and her boyfriend might catch up with us later....:confused:

The thing is I want to go....and I am attracted to him....but I'm just questioning if it's the "right" thing to do....I know some might think it's all about a grown man wanting to get in my pants...but I really believe it isn't.....Regardless.....I'm a little lost right now....

Help me ....:(

It's not a terrible thing to get involed w/ a co-worker.. he only bad thing is that you spend so much time w/ that person that emotions start to get involved...Then the real trouble begins...

Originally posted by nitro449

It's not a terrible thing to get involed w/ a co-worker.. he only bad thing is that you spend so much time w/ that person that emotions start to get involved...Then the real trouble begins...

Nah...usually if I'm getting into a situation like that...where it's obvious nothing serious is gonna surface....then I can keep myself detached and just have fun....

~Anywho....I ended up going out w/ him and having 2 drinks after dinner....but I was so exhausted (i've had like 10 hrs of sleep in 4 days) I cut the evening super short....

There was definetly some of that innocent flirting going on...and he asked me if I wanted to go shopping downtown tomorrow. I haven't given an answer yet...I'm hopping it might rain so I'll have an excuse to dodge all this wierdness....

I don't think this is my deal at all! I'm out!:tongue: