Clubplanet Nightlife Community

dc peeps

superfli

i have a question for everyone....

it's my girlfriend's cousin's boyfriend's b-day...if that makes any sense...

well, they're renting a limo and we're heading down to dc tonite...is dream any good on friday nights? or is it more of a hip-hop scene? we just need a good place to dance around besides buzz, i don't think they'd be into that scene...thanx :D

Originally posted by superfli

i have a question for everyone....

it's my girlfriend's cousin's boyfriend's b-day...if that makes any sense...

well, they're renting a limo and we're heading down to dc tonite...is dream any good on friday nights? or is it more of a hip-hop scene? we just need a good place to dance around besides buzz, i don't think they'd be into that scene...thanx :D

Dream kinda sux, nice club, go dressed like if your going to Glow, the crowd is nice and mixed, which is what Ilike about it, but the music just sucks....firts level is the entry level with 2 bars a longie area, and cotacheck, then 2nd level they play some house, but then the DJ messes things up and starts mixing a house track then a trance, then a techno, it fuckin' sucks, you just cant ever get into the music..tird is salsa and hip hop...ughhh...nices club in DC withgout a doubt, but the music REEKS

i've been to dream on a saturday night and it was aight...you just have to make sure you get there before 10 so you don't get stuck with a cover and you can take advantage of the 1$ rail drinks...i actually liked the hip-hop floor, except getting a drink up there was next to impossible.

I idnt like it, basically I dont like hip-hop so that floor is out of the question for me, so I wouldnt know if its good hip-hop or bad hip-hop...staff are in general friendly, and the most I've had to wait is 10 mins to get in, cover id fine, I dont mind it and drinks are allright, but music wise (which is why I go to any club) I just didnt like it.

Originally posted by vicman

I idnt like it, basically I dont like hip-hop so that floor is out of the question for me, so I wouldnt know if its good hip-hop or bad hip-hop...staff are in general friendly, and the most I've had to wait is 10 mins to get in, cover id fine, I dont mind it and drinks are allright, but music wise (which is why I go to any club) I just didnt like it.

Who throws their Friday parties? I got an e-mail from YTIC the other day, and they have a Thurs. and Sat. party at Dream listed, but nothing on Fri. The Sat. parties look beat. I'm pretty sure I'd rather get ass raped by an elephant while sucking off a giraffe than go to Dream on Sat. with the lineup they threw out. But maybe Fri. has more quality beats.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Who throws their Friday parties? I got an e-mail from YTIC the other day, and they have a Thurs. and Sat. party at Dream listed, but nothing on Fri. The Sat. parties look beat. I'm pretty sure I'd rather get ass raped by an elephant while sucking off a giraffe than go to Dream on Sat. with the lineup they threw out. But maybe Fri. has more quality beats.

there best night are supposed to be Thursday's. Ty T spins there on some Thursdays, although I missed him when I went there on a Thursday, but Seaman was there on a Thursday and Warren is going to be on a Thursday.

Went there on a Sat once, and I didnt like it....although I must say nice looking girls there, but looks like superfli might have his hands tied on that

Originally posted by vicman

you werent complaining when we had to listen to hippity hop on the way to NYC the other weekend....sorry about the possessed CD player and tape thing that went on...:D

:bounce:

CD

Originally posted by chynado11

you werent complaining when we had to listen to hippity hop on the way to NYC the other weekend....sorry about the possessed CD player and tape thing that went on...:D

:bounce:

CD

well, uh..you and vixxen woiuldve beat my ass up real bad...actually you wouldve beat my ass up real bad..and vixxen wouldve also have beaten my ass up pretty bad if I wouldve said anything, so I just kept silent, I know when I'll get my ass beat up :D

fri nite:

hiphop: dream, 1223 (play techno cd's after 12 i think)

techno/trance:

Club 5,

Red (afterhours tilll 4am i think),

platinum (altho ok techno but relatively nice inside & awesome makeout couches all the way upstairs ), ;)

18th st lounge tiny dance floor on 3rd with latin/middle eastern beats, brazilian all the way up

Ozio (personally cant stand it)

Blue Room (lounge and trippy trance)

Modern (mork and mindy furniture, decent music..good lounge)

It seems your relatives (?) maybe more interested in a lounge with a dance floor as opposed to a dance floor with chairs on the side.

Check this link out to get directions and reviews:

http://www.digitalcity.com/washington/bars/

good luck, windy but byootiful night tonite.

Cheers,