Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My First Time in Philly this weekend... 2/15-2/18

happykittn

ok to start off the weekend go check out old city on friday night 7pm go eat at one of the cool spots lounge type spots cuba libre is a cool spot or if you like sea food go check out morrimottos the iron chef restrant little pricey but good it at 8 th and chestnut, then hit up the bars in old city ,bar hoping check out moda (2 nd and chest nut and check out venus same area too then bar hop to envy or life or 32 if you can get into it

saturday is club night you have two good choices for ny hard house check out evolution 1517 n. delaware ave open 10 pm till 6am 215 634 0100 , and if you are into deep dish they are playing at club transit 10pm till 10 am 6 th and springgarden that is it for saturday 16 th email me fo more info

The Olde City area probably has the best bars/clubs area all within walking distance (or at least short cab rides from each other). My personal favorite pre-game spot is Lucy's Hat Shop (or just Lucy's), in the 200 block of Market St. Every time I've gone, the DJ spins pretty good hip-hop (if you're into that). I rarely stay all night though, because it can get very packed. There's a bunch of clubs to go from there, Five-Spot, Envy, Paradigm, and Life are probably the most popular ones. They tend to play more house-esque music, and can be fun if you're with the right group of people.

Now as far as some REALLY good music, in case you haven't heard, Deep Dish is spinning at Transit on Delaware Ave. If you like Sasha, Digweed, etc., then I command you to go see them. I think it's $25 at the door, and they go 10PM to 10AM.

Sunday I think Kimball Collins is playing at Life, I'm assuming you have off Monday for President's Day?

It's going to be a Philly weekend for me too, I grew up in SJ right outside Philly and I'm going down to reunite with the fellas. Fri and Sunday I'm not sure where yet, but Sat. I'll def. be seeing DD. Hope that helps, maybe I'll run into a Happy Kitten somewhere along the way...

You guys are the BEST... I'm getting all hyped now. I have a feeling Philly's going to be amazing... Kimball Collins, Deep Dish, and Vicious (is it true JV'll be at Shampoo on Sunday night? it does check out on his website) in 3 days are going to be hard to beat. :D

If any of you want to meet up, send me a PM and I'll send along my cell... my girl I'm visiting isn't familiar with the club scene, so this'll be a first for her and her friends, too. :) I can't wait to show her a FANTASTIC time in her own city! What are the dress codes for all these places? Thanks again for all the tips, I can't wait to get me a nice fat Philly cheesesteak while resting up for another wild night... :o

Getting ready to put on my daaaancing shoes,

~kitten >^.^<

Fluid (4 and south) on Fridays (Rich Medina & Dennis Perez - house - tribal, afro) and Saturdays (Sean Thomas & Pete Oss - deep house) are good. Soma (3 btwn Chestnut and market) on Fridays has Lorne and Saturdays its Cozmic Cat. Lucy's (3 and market) has Ricky Lee on Fridays and Benja Coleman on Saturdays. Soma and Lucy's have no cover but are 21+.

If you're under 21, Motion has Angel Alanis and Eric Davenport on Friday.

Every sunday at Lucy's has Drunken Monkey. You pay 20$ for free food, unlimited mimosas, bloody marys and drafts from 12-8pm. Roland Riso spins nu jazz, funk, deep house and classics.

Most places don't have a strict dress code. Just look somewhat fashionable and don't wear sneakers or a baseball cap.

As for shopping - Liberty One (16-17 and chestnut) has jcrew, victorias secret, ann taylor, aldo, godiva, aveda, and other stores. There are also a bunch of stores on Walnut St. btwn Broad st. and Rittenhouse Square (kenneth cole, bebe, origins, urban outfitters, anthropologie, banana republic, ralph lauren).