Clubplanet Nightlife Community

falling off

kaydup

Originally posted by roxychic

Vikki

You get to work early like me. What time do you have to be in. My new hours are 7-4. I like them now but when the summer comes I will probably change them back to 8-5 so I can sleep later. I am so tired today. Hit the snooze 4 times!:zzz:

We have flex time here. So if I am in by 7:30 I can leave at 4 but people can come in as late as 9:30 I think now. But of course they have to work later. I like being out early so I get up early! OMG I couldn't get up this morning either...just wanted to sleep all daysleeping.gif

heard a rumor going around that they may make the option of working a 4 day week soon too.... I hope so I'd do that on the weeks I didn't have to be here all the time :D

No Monday off for me... this company is AWFUL for holidays:blown:

I actually like coming in later and working later... I'm definitely a night person and DEFINITELY not a morning person, so the later the better in my book.

Vik, working a 4 day week is the absolute best. When I was consulting some projects would have 4 day weeks and it's even better than you think it will be! I'd rather work 12 hour days Mon-Thur and get friday off than work 9 to 5 all week!

Once you go to 4 days it's TOUGH to go back!

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

No Monday off for me... this company is AWFUL for holidays:blown:

I actually like coming in later and working later... I'm definitely a night person and DEFINITELY not a morning person, so the later the better in my book.

Vik, working a 4 day week is the absolute best. When I was consulting some projects would have 4 day weeks and it's even better than you think it will be! I'd rather work 12 hour days Mon-Thur and get friday off than work 9 to 5 all week!

Once you go to 4 days it's TOUGH to go back!

BRIAN i am right there with you. it takes me forever to get outta bed in the morning. I hate to admit this, but the one thing i miss about moving out of my parents (which was 4 years ago) was that i didnt have a human alarm clock (my mom!)anymore :laugh:

doesn't help that i have the best bed in theh world either! lol ;)

and actually i've been lucky that the three companies that i have worked for all have had summer hours, so from memorial day to labor day you have half day fridayS! :)

wish i could do the four day week though :(

Sorry for those that don't have Monday off! That sucks! If it helps any I didn't have the holiday in January off that everyone else seemed to have off so I can feel your pain;)

As far as the 4 day work week I would LOVE it!!! Have to wait and see what happens. But it will be tricky for our department cause there are some periods during the month that we need to be here all week long. But think I could pull it off during the middle of the month....nothing going on thenupdown.gif

Originally posted by nycchic24

I hate to admit this, but the one thing i miss about moving out of my parents (which was 4 years ago) was that i didnt have a human alarm clock (my mom!)anymore :laugh:

(

Omg no kidding huh! Miss that too! My mom would always make sure I was up..lol

Originally posted by vikkii123

Sorry for those that don't have Monday off! That sucks! If it helps any I didn't have the holiday in January off that everyone else seemed to have off so I can feel your pain;)

As far as the 4 day work week I would LOVE it!!! Have to wait and see what happens. But it will be tricky for our department cause there are some periods during the month that we need to be here all week long. But think I could pull it off during the middle of the month....nothing going on thenupdown.gif

yeah my company didnt have Martin Luther King either though but i had so much vacation time left over that i took that day. actually from Thanksgiving all the way to the 3week of january i dindt work a full week bc i had so many days left over. Actually last year i had a lot of time bc

January and February -- unemployment

March moved to nyc and started job

September - took vacation week to move into new apt

and then i had another week, plus float holidays (2) ANd personal/sick (6). its weird here, the personal/sick are interchangeable so if you dont call in sick you can use them as personal days! :)

and yeah, my old roommate (here) had me wake her up everymorning and it was such a pain in the ass bc i couldn't just tell her once she kept asking me to give her like 5 more minutes. and i am like WTF? i am not your mother. me being the sucker - i did it though. Thank god i moved out! now i live by myself --NO MORE ROOMMATES! :blown:

so instead of starting a new thread i am going to continue this one...

thinking of finally just plopping down the money and buying one (instead of hoping someone will magically appear on my doorstep with one!) lol

need some advice/suggestions. if you have one, what kind and pros and cons please?!

oh yeah i want to spend under $200

thanks guys :P

thinking of finally just plopping down the money and buying one (instead of hoping someone will magically appear on my doorstep with one!) lol

need some advice/suggestions. if you have one, what kind and pros and cons please?!

I've got one. It's a Sony. But it was more then $200 cause it came with the surround sound and it's a 5 disc. Very nice!!! Got it at Best Buy. Think it was $600 or $700 I forget...

Def think you should get one! :) It will be worth the money

I spent a lot on mine, but that is just because I am a fool when it comes to stuff like that and I wanted a certain one. But, you should definatly get one it is a whole different world! But, you can get some for under 200. I bought my parents one for under 200 just last month. I would just suggest making sure it has and S-viedo input because that will help with the digital TV. I have mine hooked up to the TV through an S-video. Go to bestbuy

first off..... i dont have monday off either...i hate this company, but we do only have to work 5 hours...so if i come in at 4am i can leave at nine....:laugh: ya thats a scary thought!

Although we do have flex hours here.....and i think im going to take advantage of that in the summer time....if i have to get a pet monkey, and train him to pour water on me at 4 in the morning...ill do it!!!

roomates do suck!!! thats why i live by myself....sick of cleaning up after everyone, and i moved out of my house to get away from my mom's rules so i don't want to hear someone else trying to tell me what time to come in or ask where im going....

dvd players....:idea: i bought my playstation 2 at circuit city.....i was going to buy a dvd, but figured why not get something that i can watch movies on and play video games........i heard they are going down on the price...i got mine for $300.....i did see some dvd players there for like $190.00 but im not sure on the quality?? hope i was of some help....

:D

Originally posted by civild02

roomates do suck!!! thats why i live by myself....sick of cleaning up after everyone, and i moved out of my house to get away from my mom's rules so i don't want to hear someone else trying to tell me what time to come in or ask where im going....

dvd players....:idea: i bought my playstation 2 at circuit city.....i was going to buy a dvd, but figured why not get something that i can watch movies on and play video games........i heard they are going down on the price...i got mine for $300.....i did see some dvd players there for like $190.00 but im not sure on the quality?? hope i was of some help....

:D

yeah unfortunately there are no best buys in the city.. only the Wiz (and that sucks not as much of a selection and more expensive) PS2's haven't gone down yet either :(

and as far as roommates, i could write a book. sick of cleaning up after them - i wish it was just that. lets just say that i had take one of them to small claims court! big fiasco. now i have a 1BR on the UWS for the bargain basementn price of $1150 :blown:

thats sucks....sorry to hear that....:(

was it a dude or a chick that you lived with......

bitches are unforgiving....

dudes...are sloppy...

i think if i ever get a roomate .....its going to be a gay guy....definetly...the only thing id have to worry about is him stealing my boyfriends....LOL.....

but thats grounds for.. :blown:

im lucky i found where i live now...i complain and complain about my landlord and her petifile son....but i got it good with $675 a month all utilities and cable...for a one bedroom.....and gots my own driveway....

i guess its calling it even since the son probably has camera's all over my apt.....GREAT! so if any of you see me on the internet takin a piss or doing naked kareoke in the shower....please inform me....thanks!!

:(

Originally posted by civild02

im lucky i found where i live now...i complain and complain about my landlord and her petifile son....but i got it good with $675 a month all utilities and cable...for a one bedroom.....and gots my own driveway....

:(

you live in (or around) boston though right? see thats good. i have a 2br in canton -- i rented out the 2nd br and charged only $500/ month includes all utitlies ---hehe that payed my mortgage and i paid utitlities. yeah its sad when my lviing room in my condo is abou tthe same size of my lving room and bedroom combined now

i still own it now and i charge $1200 a month

yeah unfortunately there are no best buys in the city.. only the Wiz (and that sucks not as much of a selection and more expensive) PS2's haven't gone down yet either :(

and as far as roommates, i could write a book. sick of cleaning up after them - i wish it was just that. lets just say that i had take one of them to small claims court! big fiasco. now i have a 1BR on the UWS for the bargain basementn price of $1150 :blown:

Try searching on the net, a lot of places wont charge you shipping on the DVD and you might get a better deal!