Clubplanet Nightlife Community

is rain the shit or not...?

marick

i happened to come across this post by joey and thought i'd comment on it...now i know this this all about personal opinion so don't even start with me and that tip you lot!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Killer vibe? Are you guys smoking crack or what? I'll be the first to admit that I hit up Rain quite frequently. DHM- have some serious talent, and always manage to impress me w/ their skills on the decks. I also go b/c a good number of my friends show up every Friday, it's nice to see everybody and I enjoy the company.

However, in my opinion the club sucks. The sound system sucks. The ceiling rattles, plus whenever I leave my ears are ringing and I have the worst box head imaginable. The crowd is a lil' too old for my taste. It's like partying at the geriatric ward. The dance floor is about 2 square feet. Not to mention that everyone seems to hang out in the outside hallway. Furthermore, I haven't been impressed w/ any of the guest DJ's on Friday. Usually w/in an hour everyone is beggin' for DHM to come back on.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy myself and will probably return on any given Friday night...........but people you are making it sound like it's the greatest thing since Twilo closed.

Will someone please book DHM at a real venue?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyway yes, the dance floor is small, the sound system isn't the best and the ceiling rattles a bit but wasn't groovejet the same? shitty sound system, small venue and not the biggest dance floor in the world. but it was still a killer club with a killer vibe!! how can you say rain sucks?? the vibe is better then anyother on the beach (i dear you to say otherwise!!). can you suggest another club with a better vibe joey??

your ears ring after leaving rain but they don't after leaving space, crobar, level or opium huh?? fact is that whenever you are in a room with loud noise for a long time your ears are going to ring afterwords!

how old are you joey? the adverage age in rain on friday night is 25 years old. thats pretty much the adverage age at most of the major clubs in miami! except maybe places like space, level and some of the more VIP clubs. if thats to old for you then maybe you need to go back to the old raver days and the all ages partys!! as a matter of fact, i think i saw something about an all ages foam party coming up soon. why don't you go check that out!

"Furthermore, I haven't been impressed w/ any of the guest DJ's on Friday. Usually w/in an hour everyone is beggin' for DHM to come back on."

as to this last statement, rain has brought in the best in deep house music. you can't get much better then miguel migs, derrick carter, jask, mauricio aviles, rasoul, stefan prescott, jeno, ron trent etc...i mean shit, what more can one ask for?!?!?!? who else has brought talent like this on a weekly basis outside of conference?? can you say no one??? thats pretty much a whos who of the deep house scene for christ sakes!! if you haven't been impressed with that then fare enough, maybe it's just not your cup of tea but then i think you should find another style of music to follow cause you can't get much better then rain's line-up for the past few months!! as for this comment, "Usually w/in an hour everyone is beggin' for DHM to come back on." you couldn't be more wrong! where did you get that from?? everyone that i have talked to both friend and not have loved the guest dj's and have said they wished they could have played longer.

oh and by the way joey, if all you're going to do is complain about how bad rain is, then you won't be needing to e-mail me for guestlist anymore cause you won't get it. we don't need people that bring a bad vibe to our night!! so if you don't like it please don't go!!

cheers!

Personally, I think the sound system is better in the DJ booth than it is one the floor but..... who gives a shit!!!

It's still the BEST VIBE on the beach!!!!

Yes the crowd is bit more mature but not "old". I love the place. :D

BTW, DHM is the SHIT.

PS. Marick, check your pms I've got a question for you.

i have to agree with marick on this one. rain does have the best vibe on the beach (and let's not even start with what's not on the beach). about the guest dj's i can only complain about stefan prescott and his 'one trainwreck after the other' mixing. his track selection was very good though, and if you STILL weren't happy with that, the smaller room was out of hand. i have taken friends that are not into the scene and they absolutely LOVE rain. they think the music is great but more than anything they are relieved to finally find a place that lacks the usual, lame miami crowd.

I guess "vibe" isn't at all a subjective word that is open to many interpretations. We are instead forced to use the meaning chosen by Marick to define our own club experiences.

Thanks for the update, I didn't get the memo!

Big snoggs- XXX

Joey

Originally posted by marick

oh and by the way joey, if all you're going to do is complain about how bad rain is, then you won't be needing to e-mail me for guestlist anymore cause you won't get it. we don't need people that bring a bad vibe to our night!! so if you don't like it please don't go!!

Woo-Hoo! I think I may be the very first Clubplanet member ever to be "Blacklisted" from a club! :D

A good vibe is a different thing to many people. There's people who get off on Fridays at Liquid. I made some quick cash covering for Drew and Ryan a few weeks ago, running the lighting array on a Friday...I wasn't about to complain cause I was getting much needed $$$$, but I noticed that people were having a blast, and weren't drunk or slobbering on any girl within 10 feet of them. I'm not a fan of hip-hop, but for the people there, it was a good vibe.

For me a good vibe constitutes many things. First off, I like to see a good sound and lighting system. I would stay if you had say Lee Burridge on a 10 watt guitar amp, but I'd be itching for a full on Avalon system or Nexo rig for him to perform on. I also obviously want talent that I like. My tastes range from trance to progressive house and deep house, so you'll find me at Rain for say Miguel Migs, or you could find me at Space for Mauro Picotto.

I also appreciate and need a good crowd. If I'm the only one in the room moving about, it's kinda disheartening. That's why I always wonder when a top-notch talent like Dave Seaman or Lee Burridge is playing and there's still people lounging in the VIP areas not giving a shit.

Other people don't give a shit about a good soundsystem, that's their choice. Some people don't care about the DJ, that's their choice...though that last one can only be pushed so far :)

joey, it seems that it's not just MY interpitation of the word "vibe".

look at all the people who agree with me! some of which aren't even into the scene!!

a good vibe is a friendly, layed back, chilled vibe thats all about the music! it's a vibe where people don't care who you are, what you look like, what you're wearing, how much money you have, what kinda car you drive etc...it's a clued up vibe. it's a vibe with "real" people and not the tipical fake miami crowd that goes to all the other clubs. it's a vibe with friendly door staff and bar staff. it's a vibe that doesn't charge tons of money to get in! it's a vibe that cares about the music and the dj's, that comes out for the music and the dj's and NOT just to be seen (like is so tipical in the miami scene)! all these things make up a good vibe! all these things make up fridays at rain!! now you tell me one place on the beach that has all of these attributes. the next closest thing is crobar which has more then a few of the above but also still has that fake miami crowd.

as for a good sound system, yeah it's always nice to have one. i'll agree with you on that! but IMO a good vibe is more important. like pod said, it's kinda disheartening to have someone like lee burridge on the decks and have no one dancing becauese they don't understand the music and are only there to be seen. or to have the likes of ashley casselle play and only have 6 or 7 people in the whole club!! at rain these things never happen!! for the most part it's the same people week in and week out. why do you think that is?? it's because of the vibe and the music!! thats why!! it's because their is no where else like it on the beach (or in south florida for that matter).

as for being blacklisted, you can still get into rain i'm sure, just not on my guestlist. i don't want people who are going to bitch and complain and ruin the vibe! thats not what we're about! we're about positive attitudes and having fun and if you can't do/have either of those then i don't want you!

and for you nolimit, as soon as i get some money to get some freaken blank cd's i'll get you your cd's! i haven't been able to aford any blanks recently! i'm a broke fucker. so just hold your horses, i'll get them to you! i might be broke but i'm not a sell out!!

yeah i got it. i put you + 3 on there. get there before 12:30 though ok.

and yeah, bring the cd's with you. not sure if i'll get a chance to come by or not but bring them just in case ok. if i don't get them from you this week then i'll get them next week as i'll def. be there for migs!!

joey, it seems that it's not just MY interpitation of the word "vibe". look at all the people who agree with me! some of which aren't even into the scene!!

FYI: What is popular is not always right, and what is right is not always popular.

Did you even read my post? I said I go to RAIN "b/c a good number of my friends show up every Friday, it's nice to see everybody and I enjoy the company. " These are the very same people who agreed w/ you: Frank, Barbie, Stacey, Marcos and Hector.

Listen, chill out, you've proven your point and have been redeemed, just please save the "vibe" lectures for the GU board.

"What is popular is not always right, and what is right is not always popular"

truer words were never spoken.

as for the "vibe" lectures, everyone needs a good vibe so i will stress the point on any board i see fit! and since i know alot of the people on this board personally and have more interaction on a day to day basis with them this will be one of the first places i express my opinons and views.

i'm done with this for now. i've made my point and have nothing else to say at this time.

hahahaha! yeah i remember mimid!! you fucking trance head ;)

I was just taking notice to something Marick...... You started the board b4 I did and i'm already a clubgod..... Shame on me..... :eek:

You going tonite to Rain?????? I refuse to ever email you cuz you never reply, fewl......