Thread: Pat Robertson claims that God smote Ariel Sharon

Old Skool Legend

Pat Robertson claims that God smote Ariel Sharon

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/05/rob...ron/index.html

Hearing crazy things come out of Pat Robertson's mouth is nothing new but this one takes the cake. How he still has a following is beyond me.

haha - was just coming to post this!

Regarding Sharon - I migth have disliked him in the past but now he really seems committed to peace, and is the only person who is strong enough to go through with certain difficult steps that are necessary. I can't see who else will replace him. And with the latest news of additional bleeding in his brain, I highly doubt he will be able to resume PM duties once (if) he recovers.
    P R O G R E S S I V E
    P S Y C H A D E L I C
    T E C H N O
    T R A N C E

Club god
    Let's hope people in this country pay more attention to the Iranian leaders comments than Robertson's.

Iranian President Hopes Sharon Perishes Thu Jan 5, 5:44 PM ET

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's president said Thursday he hoped for the death of Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, the latest anti-Israeli comment by a leader who has already provoked international criticism for suggesting that Israel be "wiped off the map."

ADVERTISEMENT

"Hopefully, the news that the criminal of Sabra and Chatilla has joined his ancestors is final," President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying by the semiofficial Iranian Students News Agency.

Ahmadinejad was referring to Sharon, who as defense minister in 1982 directed Israel's ill-fated invasion of Lebanon. An Israeli commission found him indirectly responsible for a massacre of Palestinians in the Sabra and Chatilla refugee camps by Christian Phalangist soldiers.

Iran's official media, including state-run radio and television, did not report Ahmadinejad's remarks about Sharon.

"Hopefully, others (criminals like him) will join him too," ISNA quoted Ahmadinejad as telling a group of clerics in Qom, a holy city 80 miles south of the capital, Tehran. He spoke a day after the 77-year-old Sharon suffered a massive stroke and underwent surgery.

In the last two months, Ahmadinejad has called the Holocaust a "myth" and said if Europeans insist it did occur, then they should give some of their own land for a Jewish state, rather than the one in the Middle East. He also called for Israel to be "wiped off the map."
    "ONE MIGHT CONCLUDE, from his conduct over the past three years that George W. Bush was put on this earth to do two things: First, to lead the United States into the third millennium, with all its terrifying challenges and wondrous opportunities. And second, to drive liberals insane. He's succeeding brilliantly at both."
    -John Podhoretz

That is some scary shit.

pat robertson is an embarrassment to this country

hey...wait a minute! this is from the article:

"He was dividing God's land, and I would say, 'Woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the [European Union], the United Nations or the United States of America,'" Robertson told viewers of his long-running television show, "The 700 Club.

does this mean that the 700 Club hates America?

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppanils
    pat robertson is an embarrassment to this country
    I wish god would call him home.

This guy makes me nervous with Isreal
    What do you think is gonna happen b/c even if ariel lives he is not gonna be able to lead?
    I wonder which way isreal is going to go

Quote Originally Posted by igloo
    Let's hope people in this country pay more attention to the Iranian leaders comments than Robertson's.

Iranian President Hopes Sharon Perishes Thu Jan 5, 5:44 PM ET

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's president said Thursday he hoped for the death of Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, the latest anti-Israeli comment by a leader who has already provoked international criticism for suggesting that Israel be "wiped off the map."

ADVERTISEMENT

"Hopefully, the news that the criminal of Sabra and Chatilla has joined his ancestors is final," President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying by the semiofficial Iranian Students News Agency.

Ahmadinejad was referring to Sharon, who as defense minister in 1982 directed Israel's ill-fated invasion of Lebanon. An Israeli commission found him indirectly responsible for a massacre of Palestinians in the Sabra and Chatilla refugee camps by Christian Phalangist soldiers.

Iran's official media, including state-run radio and television, did not report Ahmadinejad's remarks about Sharon.

"Hopefully, others (criminals like him) will join him too," ISNA quoted Ahmadinejad as telling a group of clerics in Qom, a holy city 80 miles south of the capital, Tehran. He spoke a day after the 77-year-old Sharon suffered a massive stroke and underwent surgery.

In the last two months, Ahmadinejad has called the Holocaust a "myth" and said if Europeans insist it did occur, then they should give some of their own land for a Jewish state, rather than the one in the Middle East. He also called for Israel to be "wiped off the map."