Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: DC CPers that spin...

dcsglow

hey check it out, i just ordered some records of DanceRecords.com, i dont have a CC so i had to use C.O.D., they charge an extra fucking $9.50 for that shit...wtf? anyway this is what i got

Kosheen - Catch (Ferry Corsten Mix)

Led Zepplin - Baby Im Gonna Leave You (Quivver Mix)

Satoshi Tomiie - Love in Traffic (Creamer & K Mix)

PPK - Resurrection (Perfecto Label:D )

Bedrock - Heaven Scent (POB Mix)

Memnon - Eclipse (Luzon Mix) <--- From Politics of Sound

I can't wait !!!

Originally posted by dcsglow

hey check it out, i just ordered some records of DanceRecords.com, i dont have a CC so i had to use C.O.D., they charge an extra fucking $9.50 for that shit...wtf? anyway this is what i got

I can't wait !!!

V. Cool! You should get Mindcircus by Way out West!

BTW, what do you guys use to clean your records? How often do you clean them?

Originally posted by malanee

V. Cool! You should get Mindcircus by Way out West!

BTW, what do you guys use to clean your records? How often do you clean them?

i think i almost got that at yoshi not to long ago...clean ur records...uh...maybe i should start doing that ! lol:laugh:

well I dont spin, but I was just wonderin' (even though there have been threads about this in the past) with AG and all those sites that you can download music from and burn it into CD's (you can also find the individual tracks and rexixed tracks) and seeing that alot of DJ's are mixing from CD"s (latest issue of MUZIK has an interview with Tenaglia, sayz he usually takes like 40 records and over 600 CD's to gigs) do you think more and more DJ's will start spinning from CD's especially with the advances on CD mixing technology?

(at Lola I saw Satoshi and Lexicon Ave. spinning from CD's also)

Vic - I think more and more DJs will need to do both, but vinyl is an artform all in of itself, IMO! There's something about the feel of vinyl and the art of tunrtabling that can't be duplicated with CDs and computers!

Very well said......

I've never tried any, but just wondering what everyone thinks.

We would need to wait and see I guess and see what happens, especially the people starting off at dj'ing who might be more receptive to spinning from CD's....like diffusion of innovation, you know the theory of diffusion of innovation.

Anyway, I still think that spinning from vinyl looks cooler though.

Vic - I think more and more DJs will need to do both, but vinyl is an artform all in of itself, IMO! There's something about the feel of vinyl and the art of tunrtabling that can't be duplicated with CDs and computers!

Thats the only reason I wanted to get into spinning was to be able to buy records. Everyone has cd's I want something different. I want the feeling that the only way I can hear a track is if I go home and throw it on the decks.

BTW Jimmi, Next time you do an order from Dance records let me know. I can put it on my credit card so you don't pay $9.50 extra, and since all I have is a PO Box UPS won't deliver to me so I have to pay extra for shipping. We could both save money.

Originally posted by therunner

Thats the only reason I wanted to get into spinning was to be able to buy records. Everyone has cd's I want something different. I want the feeling that the only way I can hear a track is if I go home and throw it on the decks.

BTW Jimmi, Next time you do an order from Dance records let me know. I can put it on my credit card so you don't pay $9.50 extra, and since all I have is a PO Box UPS won't deliver to me so I have to pay extra for shipping. We could both save money.

aight cool, thanks.

while vinyl will always be the foundation of the culture, the utility of CDs and MP3s cannot be beat. if you want to drop the latest song tonight, odds are it's going to be on CD.

also, a lot of turntablist effects can be performed on the CDJs.

out,

judson

I have two CD decks and I download shit and burn and mix off of CDs. But I only do that for promo stuff that's not out or oldstuff that's out of print and impossible to find or if I'm recording a mix and I think of a song to put in but it's 1 am and I don't own the record yet I'll download a song and spin it off CD (I did that last night with 16B - The Game (Marcello Castelli Deep Tribal Mix)). But I always buy vinyl of songs I like if I can actually find them. It's nice to be able to use CDs but I'd rather use vinyl without a doubt,

Originally posted by dcsglow

I can't wait !!!

have u just recently started spinning? otherwise i'd assume you'd have bought some of these long ago

UGH, that ferry corsten mix of catch SUCKS ASS...original is SOOOOOO nice

and yah, mindcircus rocks, particular the TvsR mix

cheers!

The Luzon remix of Eclipse is fairly new. It was just released a couple of weeks ago. But some of those tracks have been around a while. Like Love In Traffic. But I still dig that song (Satoshi's original mix more than the Creamer and K mix) so I can't fault Jimi for getting that one.