Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Which Is More Powerful?

marcid21

. . . . Depends on which one you're using at the time . . . The heart (soul) can overrule just about anything the mind says at times, especially in matters of love . . . but the mind is a very powerful force when dealing with the long run . . .

. . . I would say that both take the drivers seat at some time or another, but neither really "wins" in the strength category, although the heart can produce more explosive results on average . . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . . Depends on which one you're using at the time . . . The heart (soul) can overrule just about anything the mind says at times, especially in matters of love . . . but the mind is a very powerful force when dealing with the long run . . .

. . . I would say that both take the drivers seat at some time or another, but neither really "wins" in the strength category, although the heart can produce more explosive results on average . . .

very well put....I def think my heart rules at times yet you will find my head ruling at other times....

Originally posted by fierydesire

....I def think my heart rules at times yet you will find my head ruling at other times....

It's wierd...I agree w/ phuturefunk...but it leaves me thinking....why am I usually able to fool or deter myself from one way of feeling...when I inevitably give in to my heart somewhere down the road.....and why is it....that once my heart has the grasp on everything, my mind almost dosen't exsist....

the only answer I can come up with is my heart/soul just has a mind of it's own....like an evil twin...:blank::confused:

Originally posted by tastyt

I agree with PhuturePhunk... however there are definitely people for whom one is much more powerful than the other...

. . .Now that I think about it . . . . I find that over time my personality is driving more towards overlording logic rather than blind emotion, however my soul still flares from time to time and I lose it in some pursuit that I feel strongly about . . . I think it's a sign that I'm getting older . . . calming a bit . . . but either way I wrestle with things as days go on . . .

. . . I totally know what you're saying about people who lean excessively one way . . . I've run into too many in my time . . .

Originally posted by marcid21

It's wierd...I agree w/ phuturefunk...but it leaves me thinking....why am I usually able to fool or deter myself from one way of feeling...when I inevitably give in to my heart somewhere down the road.....and why is it....that once my heart has the grasp on everything, my mind almost dosen't exsist....

the only answer I can come up with is my heart/soul just has a mind of it's own....like an evil twin...:blank::confused:

. . . Don't think of it as an evil twin . . . It (the soul) IS another person inside of you . . but it's different . . . kinda like the two sides of your brain . . . when the heart and the mind operate in unison, clarity is attained . . . . The trick, is getting both parties to do so . . .

I think there are different levels of operation.

The first few months it's definatly the head, once u get used to the person and more or less in love, then u give in to your feelings-the heart. And it doesn't stop there, it is a constant change between the two drivers. I do agree with phuturephunk though, nicely put.

Although with me most of the time it is the head driving the relationship.

Most definitely head/mind is stronger...sort of grew up suppressing the heart/emotions hence most of the times it is a non-factor. It is easier to leave heart "off" then trying to coax it open cuz who knows what the hell has been brewing in their caged up for so many years.

Also means i never get pissed off, nor extremely happy..dammit I feel like a droid from Bladerunner now...

My heart.....no other option.......

One simple example.....I've been in a situation where I was energized by speed, drunk by alcohol, and in trance by the sounds of Carl Cox. Suddenly a girl came to me and started to dance with me, pulling me closer to her and guiding my hand between her legs.....she told me that she loved the way I danced and some other things ;) When the tempo dropped a bit, we moved away from the crowd and she started to press her (nice) body against me doing the tong/lips thing. A minute later she showed me a condom, but I had to wave her off in full respect...knowing my girl was waiting for me at home with all her love and care.

I don't do drugs anymore and I have been in a couple of occasions where I easily could have had sex, even in the middle of a relationship that was about to crash and burn...but I learned that my heart can only belong to one and is far stronger that the mind.

obviously a perfect balance between both head and heart would be the ideal way of dealing with things...your head can be objective and protect you from bad decsions and your heart can lead you to things that make you happy... the power of one or the other depends on the person. for me, the heart definitely overrules any logic my head brings. being an impulsive person and very emotional at the same time leaves little time for me to think things through before i act, which isn't always a good thing...but in the end i know i'll get where i want to be.

Originally posted by mssabina

obviously a perfect balance between both head and heart would be the ideal way of dealing with things...your head can be objective and protect you from bad decsions and your heart can lead you to things that make you happy... the power of one or the other depends on the person. for me, the heart definitely overrules any logic my head brings. being an impulsive person and very emotional at the same time leaves little time for me to think things through before i act, which isn't always a good thing...but in the end i know i'll get where i want to be.

follow your heart :tongue:

Originally posted by jy

follow your heart :tongue:

If only it were that simple:(

I have moments where I want to do exactly what my heart tells me to do...then the mind throws its two cents in and things get messed up...however, my mind needs to control what will keep situations in line and prevent me from doing wrong things and my heart controls what will make me happy:)

if we thought everything out logically life just wouldn't be life. We wouldn't be surprised we wouldn't get excited we wouldn't be spontanious, everything we be boring.

Although following your heart may not always be the wise choice often it's the choice that teaches you, helps you grow and allows you to feel.

IMO of course :D