Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Which Is More Powerful?

marcid21

i think that in the end your heart prevails..but i def realize that the mind has powers to interfere...no matter how much interference ur mind tries to cause, i just think that your mind can't tell you how you feel...it can tell you how you should feel, but we all know thats not the way things work sometimes, sometimes we feel things for people we shouldnt, etc...as we get older i think the mind plays a more practical part, cause you start thinking long-term, and can i see myself with this person 5 years from now, 10 years from now, that kinda stuff...

Originally posted by clubbincutie

i think that in the end your heart prevails..but i def realize that the mind has powers to interfere...no matter how much interference ur mind tries to cause, i just think that your mind can't tell you how you feel...it can tell you how you should feel, but we all know thats not the way things work sometimes, sometimes we feel things for people we shouldnt, etc...as we get older i think the mind plays a more practical part, cause you start thinking long-term, and can i see myself with this person 5 years from now, 10 years from now, that kinda stuff...

very true :tongue:

Originally posted by jy

follow your heart :tongue:

Shit, if I always followed my heart I would be F-U-C-K-E-D. I'm just really glad that as I get older I get much better at controlling my impulses.

In the end your head has little control over how you feel- but what it *can* do is get you to distance yourself from a bad situation until you're over it...

Originally posted by dafunkadelic

My heart.....no other option.......

One simple example.....I've been in a situation where I was energized by speed, drunk by alcohol, and in trance by the sounds of Carl Cox. Suddenly a girl came to me and started to dance with me, pulling me closer to her and guiding my hand between her legs.....she told me that she loved the way I danced and some other things ;) When the tempo dropped a bit, we moved away from the crowd and she started to press her (nice) body against me doing the tong/lips thing. A minute later she showed me a condom, but I had to wave her off in full respect...knowing my girl was waiting for me at home with all her love and care.

I don't do drugs anymore and I have been in a couple of occasions where I easily could have had sex, even in the middle of a relationship that was about to crash and burn...but I learned that my heart can only belong to one and is far stronger that the mind.

It's not the heart that made you decide to wave off the condom or other laying opprtunities. In this specific situation it is your head, you realized even under influance of drugs and alcohol that you have somebody waiting for you at home, therefor can't fuck arround.

Originally posted by fantazy

It's not the heart that made you decide to wave off the condom or other laying opprtunities. In this specific situation it is your head, you realized even under influance of drugs and alcohol that you have somebody waiting for you at home, therefor can't fuck arround.

That thought came to mind, but I guess that the feelings in my heart fueled/overruled my brains...

So both options sound fair..

You got me thinking though....and that's nice.

Originally posted by tastyt

Shit, if I always followed my heart I would be F-U-C-K-E-D. I'm just really glad that as I get older I get much better at controlling my impulses.

In the end your head has little control over how you feel- but what it *can* do is get you to distance yourself from a bad situation until you're over it...

yup...what she said....