Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Top 10 nightspots in NYC

Hey all, I'm compiling a list of the 10 top nightspots in NYC. But these places have got to have the right crowd. I'm talking the coolest of the cool, the most hip and happening, the opinion-makers and trend setters, fashionistas, music and movie industry types. Generally, your A-list people. It's for my project in my graduate program from Singapore, and your opinions will be lotsa help. Thanks.

I don't know if I'm good for this because I tend to habitually avoid places where all the trendy beautiful people hang out (although a few of those places probably include the Hudson Hotel and The Park, and to a lesser extent, Glass, Lotus, B-Bar, Serafina, and Eugenes).

Anyway, my hangouts are usually Baktun, Centro Fly, Filter 14, Leopard Lounge, Coal, Fun, Shelter, and Vinyl once in a while...

Originally posted by brickhouse

(although a few of those places probably include the Hudson Hotel and The Park, and to a lesser extent, Glass, Lotus, B-Bar, Serafina, and Eugenes).

....for lounges also Saci, Spa, Suite 16, Jetgroove...for bigger places, club New York and China Club (Jade Terrace)...I think...

Originally posted by brickhouse

Hmmm....and I always thought they hung out at 132nd and Powell.

Or at the cube in Astor Place. I hear that's really trendy these days...

you both have it wrong they actually hang out on 42nd street and they are really nice... :hat:

These are my choices.

in no praticular order

Twilo(it was and always will be)

Centro Fly-thursdays(no more subliminal but they got Oakey for next week, so let's see what happens)

Vinyl -both nights

China Club- monday nights

Shelter- thursday nights(subliminal)

I'm sure they will all make it on your list.

Don't worry joeg, the places you hang out, the "cool people" visit, realize they don't like it, and leave.

I remember waiting on line at Vinyl and talking with these really nice people behind us. They said they were visiting NYC and had heard that Vinyl was worth checking out. They seemed really open to new experiences. They were planning on meeting their friend inside. Five minutes later, their friend comes running out in heels and a miniskirt, shrieks "This place SUCKS!!!" and they all vanish into the night, surely to try their luck at a more "happening" place. I shrugged and went back to trying to explain to my friend why Danny is so fantastic.

Yeah, try Lotus for a really boring crowd that dances like they are trying to maneuver their way out of a tight alley, bad pick up lines and lots of old ugly men in expensive suits with well dressed teenagers on heroin sleeping on their shoulders.

Apparently its the hottest club in NY.

In all seriousness I don't know if I could make a top ten list right now without stretching.

Not unless you include Deb's place, Crobra's couch, your mom's room, and those nights when special guests like Richie Hawtin show up and we all crowd into the back seat of your tiny ass car....none of which exactly qualify as the A-list fashinista domains of choice.

Originally posted by saigray

Not unless you include Deb's place, Crobra's couch, your mom's room, and those nights when special guests like Richie Hawtin show up and we all crowd into the back seat of your tiny ass car....none of which exactly qualify as the A-list fashinista domains of choice.

lol... yeah, seriously...