Clubplanet Nightlife Community

diffrent types of "house music".. opinionz...

rek

I read in a post about not many of you guyz not liking trance...

Reminded me that there are diffrent house heads with spisific taste....

I say this b/c I love all the diffrent types, with the excepting of acid... lil crazy for me. ;)

I'm a big trance head just b/c the clubs.. Trance is asome when you add a group of "energetic kidz" and some light efffects. That and a Dj how can put it all together and you have a crazy night !

How many people on this board only listen to Trance and not deep, or who would goto Edgar V but hate David Morales ??

( i dunno who hate DM but itz just an example )

just a question that popped into my head.....

well i dunno, i like trance, i just dont like it to spacey or the crap (IMO) that Acosta plays at times, but I listen to PvD, Graham, Collins, Lawrence, Tiesto (who does get a bit spacey at times), etc.

I started of listening to alot of trance when I started to get into the music, but as I've becoem familiar and had the time to listen to many styles of music, become familiar with the dj's, etc. these tastes have expanded. I think that through time, you just want more, you want to see what else is out there, and see if you like it or not, but still, I like trance, listen to it, and along with techno is probably the only genre of music that can get me going like a chicken on speed non stop through the whole night.

Originally posted by vicman

well i dunno, i like trance, i just dont like it to spacey or the crap (IMO) that Acosta plays at times, but I listen to PvD, Graham, Collins, Lawrence, Tiesto (who does get a bit spacey at times), etc.

I started of listening to alot of trance when I started to get into the music, but as I've becoem familiar and had the time to listen to many styles of music, become familiar with the dj's, etc. these tastes have expanded. I think that through time, you just want more, you want to see what else is out there, and see if you like it or not, but still, I like trance, listen to it, and along with techno is probably the only genre of music that can get me going like a chicken on speed non stop through the whole night.

I like the word "spacey" I was trying to tell someone why I don't want to spin trance and that was the word I was reaching for but couldn't think of. Trance was a gateway genre for me too that lead me into the sceen and got me hooked on the harder stuff.

Guest jroo

well IMO trance is gay, its weak, its fruity, spacey, but, it is great chill music, you know, when you want to listen to music but you dont want to dance or anything, horrible for rush hour traffic around northern va, it'll put you to sleep in a heart beat. i listen to some of it like pvd. there are exceptions to every rule, some of it is really good, im not a hater or anything. but hell, you asked the question.

Guest jroo

and it does seem to be the break-in-the-newbie-to-the-scene-type-music, so it has its purpose, just like everything else in life. but I, like with just about everything else ive ever done, didnt find that "gate" right at first. i was just walking along, came up to this huge ass wall, with barbed wire, smooth so it would be tuff to climb, and stuff. hung around for a long time when i got in, then was like where the fuck am i? so thats when i found the gate, chilled there for a second then went back in the party, i havent been back to the gate much at all. WHOA! wtf am i talking about?? too much fucking acid., sorry. if anyone hears what im saying please reply, or have i totally lost it??

I feel you thought.. trance can get boring at times....

but there're some tracks that make your eyez pop open ..

Im into anything that has a hard bass line..... I don't really have a fav, but thanx for the RE:z... I neva noticed so many people had trance last on there list, eventhough it seems to be the mainsteam of house music, or is it ??

Originally posted by therunner

But for the most part you would have to agree that trance has the most amount of spacey songs than any other genre.

I wouldn't say that, but I've avoided hearing trance in the last year so I don't really know. Mostly I don't think of it as spacey, it just doesn't have a sound I like.

Originally posted by Kuro

I wouldn't say that, but I've avoided hearing trance in the last year so I don't really know. Mostly I don't think of it as spacey, it just doesn't have a sound I like.

So in other words you have absolutly no idea what in the hell you are saying except that you don't like it.

Originally posted by therunner

So in other words you have absolutly no idea what in the hell you are saying except that you don't like it.

No, I'm saying that it's not spacey and I don't like it. It's not like I haven't heard any trance lately. Spacey is just not the word I'd use. I hear lots of prog house that I would describe as spacey more than I would most trance songs.

i don't want to write this stoopid paper, so i'll explain to you why trance, for me at least, has bored the fuck out of me for the past two years. . .

i used to love trance, wasn't the gateway as for others, but still, i loved the crazy, nonsensical-ness of acid trance (requires supplements, but doesn't all trance?). . .anyways, it was beautiful hypnotic sequencer music and fun to get jacked up on. . .and did you know that early trance has its roots in techno? early sven vath, joey beltram, hell, even john selway caned the same muthfuckin records early oakenfold later used. . .he was an originator then. . .

but now, well now. . .it's so predictable. . .so damn easy to mix. . .that indistinguishable "spacey" quality you hear in every fucking trance record? it's the same short synthesizer lines repeated over and over again, with a few rhythym changes every now and then. . .the predicatble breakdowns, the ugly/cheesy tendency to sound like bad euro chart music. .

i don't hate trance. i miss it. but it just doesn't move me the way a good deep house record does, or techno. . .joo know? but whatever moves you. . .

in fact, if you could recommend to me a few tracks that you think have been especially ground breaking or innovative within the trance "genre", i'd love to hear it

Originally posted by scratchapella

i don't want to write this stoopid paper, so i'll explain to you why trance, for me at least, has bored the fuck out of me for the past two years. . .

i used to love trance, wasn't the gateway as for others, but still, i loved the crazy, nonsensical-ness of acid trance (requires supplements, but doesn't all trance?). . .anyways, it was beautiful hypnotic sequencer music and fun to get jacked up on. . .and did you know that early trance has its roots in techno? early sven vath, joey beltram, hell, even john selway caned the same muthfuckin records early oakenfold later used. . .he was an originator then. . .

but now, well now. . .it's so predictable. . .so damn easy to mix. . .that indistinguishable "spacey" quality you hear in every fucking trance record? it's the same short synthesizer lines repeated over and over again, with a few rhythym changes every now and then. . .the predicatble breakdowns, the ugly/cheesy tendency to sound like bad euro chart music. .

i don't hate trance. i miss it. but it just doesn't move me the way a good deep house record does, or techno. . .joo know? but whatever moves you. . .

in fact, if you could recommend to me a few tracks that you think have been especially ground breaking or innovative within the trance "genre", i'd love to hear it

I don't mean to sound rude here, but you talk alot.

that indistinguishable "spacey" quality you hear in every fucking trance record? it's the same short synthesizer lines repeated over and over again

Oh, that's what they mean by spacey. Those same synth lines repeated over and over again are what I call cheesey. When I say something's spacey I mean it reminds me of stuff I think I hear when tripping (hypothetically speaking because I would never do that). The stuff from a few years back that people call trance sounds nothing at all like new trance to me.

oh! reminds me. a good experiment. pick out some of your most favorite trance songs/tracks. the ones that you said make your eyes pop out of your head. play out each of them and note the similiarities b/t all of them. all the same, easy-to-please elements, the dramatic drumrolls and breakdowns, all the stuff that made the song so "good" will most likely be identical in all of them. . . kinda like how every pop song created by all those boy bands sound alike and share identical musical elements. . .blahblahblah. . i'm being really mean aren't i?

oh! reminds me. a good experiment. pick out some of your most favorite trance songs/tracks. the ones that you said make your eyes pop out of your head. play out each of them and note the similiarities b/t all of them. all the same, easy-to-please elements, the dramatic drumrolls and breakdowns, all the stuff that made the song so "good" will most likely be identical in all of them. . . kinda like how every pop song created by all those boy bands sound alike and share identical musical elements. . .blahblahblah. . i'm being really mean aren't i?

I agree. I don't have to pull them all out, i know they do that anyway.

Go ahead and be mean. It's sexy.