Clubplanet Nightlife Community

S&D from 9pm-4am???

Ok, so JVM's set is 11pm-1am...S&D are going to close...what time will that be? I can't believe they would only have a 3 hour set. Usually you get Sasha for an hour or two, than digweed for the same than alternating back and forth. Does this mean they are going past 4am?

Originally posted by Kuro

Anyone know when JVM started? Digweed took over at 11. Still pissed they ended at 3. Not a single person was ready to leave. The place was still pretty well filled.

yeah! We didn't even get an encore! WTF?!?! It was like "okay, we've fulfilled our requirements... let's go"

:(

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

yeah! We didn't even get an encore! WTF?!?! It was like "okay, we've fulfilled our requirements... let's go"

:(

I'd still like the give S&D the benefit of the doubt and assume it was more like Nation said, "It's 3, we already have your money, get the fuck out."

I'd still like the give S&D the benefit of the doubt and assume it was more like Nation said, "It's 3, we already have your money, get the fuck out."

that is what I am thinking happened. It ended so abruptly... oh well now I gotta go see 'em in NYC whenever they come back. I bet Dave Seaman at Buzz (on a Wednesday! :( ) will be short as well.

that is what I am thinking happened. It ended so abruptly... oh well now I gotta go see 'em in NYC whenever they come back. I bet Dave Seaman at Buzz (on a Wednesday! :( ) will be short as well.

That will definitely be short being on a Wednesday and not being the "#1 or #2 DJ in the world" supposedly. But that could go a little past 3 ike the pre-WMC party or the Halloween party. This past Sunday they did have all that Delta Heavy tour shit to take down and stuff to set up for the chemical brothers.

You think? I mean Sasha went to 6 that one time. But I guess Buzz was at the reigns. Anyway - I totally agree - it sucked that it ended so early!

Originally posted by malanee

You think? I mean Sasha went to 6 that one time. But I guess Buzz was at the reigns. Anyway - I totally agree - it sucked that it ended so early!

Actually, I'm thinking it was a combination of S&D and Buzz. Since it seems like Buzz had to keep the ticket prices low this time to keep people from whining, I'm guessing that they offered S&D a particular price they could afford. And I'm guessing S&D probably could only do 4 hours for that amount of money. I don't fault either of them if that's what happened. Maybe someday, the shithead whiners on the Buzz board will realize you get what you pay for.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Actually, I'm thinking it was a combination of S&D and Buzz. Since it seems like Buzz had to keep the ticket prices low this time to keep people from whining, I'm guessing that they offered S&D a particular price they could afford. And I'm guessing S&D probably could only do 4 hours for that amount of money. I don't fault either of them if that's what happened. Maybe someday, the shithead whiners on the Buzz board will realize you get what you pay for.

That's true, and why we weren't given a nice, full, lengthy set I'm sure. But they still could have played right up tio three and then dropped some encores for 20 - 30 minutes. There were still a shitload of people in there and the crowd was really responding the music so they could have given us a little more. But I notcied after that DH/Deep Dish show last June when Deep Dish played till about 7:30 that after that when 6 AM rolls around the Nation staff are like "Get the fuck out now" rather than hang around for extra time for the handful of us still there.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

I havent been in the area long enough to know, but last year when they had Oakenfoil on a Sunday, they also closed down at 3. So maybe its just that on Sundays, they have to close down at 3 regardless.

Originally posted by vicman

I havent been in the area long enough to know, but last year when they had Oakenfoil on a Sunday, they also closed down at 3. So maybe its just that on Sundays, they have to close down at 3 regardless.

Oakie refuses to play more than two hour sets anyways.

Originally posted by vicman

Whenever there's something on a night other than Frioday or Saturday it closes at 3 - 4. The Sasha thing in December was an exception.

Whenever there's something on a night other than Frioday or Saturday it closes at 3 - 4. The Sasha thing in December was an exception.

you know, that just gotme thinking how packed it woudl get if either of them played here on a regular Buzz Friday.

i don't think that is possible :mad: it was so crazy that night. i know there were some fire codes being violated!

You actually think the mgm of Buzz really cares about fire code violations. I am sure they break them all the time and the fire marshal is probably the owners brother.

Originally posted by therunner

You actually think the mgm of Buzz really cares about fire code violations. I am sure they break them all the time and the fire marshal is probably the owners brother.

You mean the management of Nation. It's important to make the distinction between the two cuz I like Buzz but Nation sometimes really pisses me off.

I know we talked about this Sunday night (for those that were there), but Buzz was not in charge of the SnD night. Clear Channel Cable took sponsership of the event on Saturday and the Buzz crew was kicked out (after paying for the promotional costs). Did anyone notice any of the usual Buzz crew actually working there? No. Many of the Buzz crew weren't even told about this until the last minute Sunday night. I think Nation was running the event which explains many things. I know there's probably more to the story, but that's all I've been told. All I can say is don't blame any of the crap on the Buzz crew, cause they had nothing to do with it.

Originally posted by crank47

I know we talked about this Sunday night (for those that were there), but Buzz was not in charge of the SnD night. Clear Channel Cable took sponsership of the event on Saturday and the Buzz crew was kicked out (after paying for the promotional costs). Did anyone notice any of the usual Buzz crew actually working there? No. Many of the Buzz crew weren't even told about this until the last minute Sunday night. I think Nation was running the event which explains many things. I know there's probably more to the story, but that's all I've been told. All I can say is don't blame any of the crap on the Buzz crew, cause they had nothing to do with it.

I dunno, but I'm pretty sure that the flyers also had the Buzz logo on them, and the event was being promoted on the Buzz site...but maybe thats a reason why they only went until 3am, since Nation was more or less running the event, whil eback in Dec. it was Buzz...I dunno..I'm hungry