Clubplanet Nightlife Community

so! how was s+d in DC?

wideskies

i decided to see sven vath last night @ vinyl instead of s+d at the world, and i am SO glad i did. i had a *fantastic* time... best night out in months, for me! a few people i know who went to see s+d said it was really crowded ('people pretty much stood there and gawked'), and i'm a big dancer soooo... i might have been a bit disappointed.

i hope things were really great @ nation, however. let me know whether you guys enjoyed yourselves.

;]

cat

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jroo

they were great! the back room where they were at didnt have a whole of room with all of the people, they added extra speakers too. but in the front room they didnt have a dj so they pumped S &D in there too. which made for a LOT of extra dancing and breathing room. it was a really good show. two thumbs up, great holiday fun, and yes im at work right now. which hasnt started out bad at all.

hey I'm at work too... I'm happy that I've managed to keep my eyes open long enough to accomplish something this morning... or was that my accomplishment? LOL Anyhow, I had tons of fun last night. It was great meeting everyone. There were times during the set that I was in awe but all in all I wasn't thrilled with their set last night. I had really high expectations after seeing them in Miami so that could partially be my fault.

Originally posted by vicman

Owwww......I'm so tired...had a great time...dont even ask me how many ripped fuel's I had for breakfast. :(

werd to the ripped fuels...i have three more xenadrine in my pocket, just screaming my name.. :D but, last night was a blast and totally worth it.

anyway, i think they played a great set. the only thing that would have made it better would have been if they would have played longer, but they finished at 3am.

goddam I think I lost 10lbs last night. i was running all over the place like a chicken on speed and after loosing everyone as soon as we got in, I ran into everyone at random times during the night. Malanee, crank, tinybutterfli, nautilus, shady, cocomama, chynadoll, kuro, zag, jroo....and the rest of the people that went with them. Didnt get to see raver or Millie & company, but I did see some of their group.

Medic please.....

i think my biggest complaint was that they finished at 3 am. But I was expecting that. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast. I just thought the set ended kind of abruptly. Also there were at lot of stops & starts. I'm tired.... I think for the coffee that I'm drinking to work effectively I'm gonna have to dump it into my eyes...

Guest jroo
Originally posted by tinybutterfli

i think my biggest complaint was that they finished at 3 am. But I was expecting that. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast. I just thought the set ended kind of abruptly. Also there were at lot of stops & starts. I'm tired.... I think for the coffee that I'm drinking to work effectively I'm gonna have to dump it into my eyes...

ouch, im still rock steady, reading about that fucking cat named flo really fucked me up, you know i seriously need to go groccery shopping, when i got home this morning the only thing that i could find to eat that i didnt have to cook or defrost was a can of fucking tuna fish. i just wanted to get something in me so that i didnt wake up feeling like total shit, that was some dry ass tuna straight out of the can, not the best hang over preventer either, but it worked! i actually made it to work early today!!

tuna straight out of the can? man, that's some desperation ;) I wasn't too hungry when I got home but this morning I woke up starving... stopped off on the way to the office for a bagel. That did the trick.

I have a conference call in 30 minutes. I hope I don't have to answer any questions... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last night was worth my fucked up state that I'm in today. The music was tight and the setup with the lights and sounds multiplied the enjoyment of the night. I've never seen so many people at Buzz before....even the balconies were packed. Seeing most of DC's CP members made the night even more pleasurable.

Oh yeah, thanks for the pre-party Crank.

3 am!?!?!?!?!??! i mean it was a sunday but come on... *pouts for DC CPers*

Originally posted by superfli

werd to the ripped fuels...i have three more xenadrine in my pocket, just screaming my name.. :D but, last night was a blast and totally worth it.

you were there? maybe there were evn more people all over the palce last night...

I prefer to the term "trooper" to loser ;) I think its pretty hardcore to stay out all night and still make it in to work. I'll probably start to crash around 3 pm. Its what usually happens if I go to a Sunday event at Buzz.

I just saw on another board that Dave Seaman is suppose to be at Buzz on 5/22 which is a Wednesday. Yay, I get to do this all over again :eek:

I prefer to the term "trooper" to loser ;) I think its pretty hardcore to stay out all night and still make it in to work. I'll probably start to crash around 3 pm. Its what usually happens if I go to a Sunday event at Buzz.

I just saw on another board that Dave Seaman is suppose to be at Buzz on 5/22 which is a Wednesday. Yay, I get to do this all over again :eek:

holi-cannoli, looksl ike May wil be a crazy month..Lawler is here on teh 17th

Originally posted by joeygk

I want my s&d! So what about the lights and sound? How does Phazon workout in Nation? Could you even tell the difference? What about the light show, was it off the hookedy-hook or what?

Any new Sasha tracks to report?

i guess we should mention that the layout was completely changed. they had speakers in front of where the dj booth is, it was all speakers. and where they have the stage, thats where the set up the dj booth.

the light show was off the hook, best i've ever seen at Nation. Phazon was sweet, 'cos I spent a good portion of the night right in front of the speakers and my ears feel fine.

trainspotting tunes? i suck at that. listening to the S&D essential mix from Miami, alot of the tunes there, were played yesterday. Love the Bjork track ..at least i think its Bjork.

The nergy level was sky high.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by joeygk

I want my s&d! So what about the lights and sound? How does Phazon workout in Nation? Could you even tell the difference? What about the light show, was it off the hookedy-hook or what?

Any new Sasha tracks to report?

dude, you can feel the difference when you walk by the great wall of speakers , we're talking at least 10 -15 feet high and like 20-25 feet wide, just a wall of speakers in front of where the dj both is normally, pushed out well from the booth too. and two huge hanging ones on the balcony, it was worth it.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by vicman

shiieett...i just remembered that I also saw highmay, vixen and sialater18 at the end of the night...altthough i did see highmay earlier..you guys gotta forgive me here, i'm barley managing.....

who is sialater18? expose yourself.