Clubplanet Nightlife Community

so! how was s+d in DC?

wideskies

I thought S&d put on a great show last night, pissed off my neighbor at 11:00pm, and the best thing about being able to listen to them on mp3 is that after they play a great track you can back it up and listen to it again. I am so disappointed in myself for not sucking it up and going. But I am glad to hear that all of you had a good time.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up!! :blown:

How about a little respect fot the people that hit SnD up two nights in a row?? Are you kidding me...... I would have never made it in to work today. Thus the day off!!!

Yep, was nice to see a bunch of cpers!!! Even Egg made it out!!! The sounds system was SO nice...... I was expecting my ears to be ringing all morning but they are perfectly fine!!! Guess that's what happens when you spend money on a good sound system!!!

Since most of you were at buzz last night I'm not going to bore you with a perscpective on that, but World........ yes there were a bunch of pretty people standing around staring at the dj booth. The dance floor was really small, around the size of the front room dance floor at buzz - pretty close anyways, maybe a little bigger but not much. They had some crazy tvs all over the place, I mean everywhere you went you could watch them on a tv....... Guess that's what you get from playing in the WWF zone... But their set up NYC was much more tribal. They played abunch of the same tracks, but last night was little more trance - IMO. They got to play like one song for the encore and then the owner of the place kicked everyone out. :mad:

Never having seen them before I really enjoyed both nights, no it wasn't mind blowing - but it was the best spinning and mixing, etc, I've heard so....... Two thumbs up both nights for me

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

did jimmy spin at all? i would of wanted to see him spin

Sat night he spun for like an hour and a half.... good warmup but the base was too loud, Digweed got on corrected it and the evening flew from there. Last night??? dunno I got there and diggers was on the decks....

Originally posted by dcsglow

did jimmy spin at all? i would of wanted to see him spin

d-oh...yeah..i guess were still to tired to recall everything in the evening...yeah, we got there around 10 or so, and Van M. was on...wouldve liked to catch all of his set.

I recall when Sasha was here and when I saw S&D in Cipriani's, the build up he does is wonderfull, amazing...but he was only on for about 40mins. after we got there....they need to put Van M.'s build up sets on AG.

Originally posted by sauvee88

Sat night he spun for like an hour and a half.... good warmup but the base was too loud, Digweed got on corrected it and the evening flew from there. Last night??? dunno I got there and diggers was on the decks....

what tiume you guys get there? I saw Pete wlaking ouyt of the bathroom but didnt see anyother of the "S&D stalking group".

Originally posted by vicman

d-oh...yeah..i guess were still to tired to recall everything in the evening...yeah, we got there around 10 or so, and Van M. was on...wouldve liked to catch all of his set.

I recall when Sasha was here and when I saw S&D in Cipriani's, the build up he does is wonderfull, amazing...but he was only on for about 40mins. after we got there....they need to put Van M.'s build up sets on AG.

damn, i bet van m's set was tight...hey what do i search for in ag...just JIMMY VAN M?

ahh n/m ill find it

by the way, i think that Saeed is now really afraid of me. I kept on running into him all night long. I also saw Palash, although Saeed just wanders all over the place.

seriously Vic you've got to leave that man alone, before he gets a restraining order. Either that or you two should start dating! :tongue:

what tiume you guys get there? I saw Pete wlaking ouyt of the bathroom but didnt see anyother of the "S&D stalking group".

We got there around11:45 - midnight. We thought they were going until atleast 4..... oh well. Sat. We were like one of the first hundred people in, so..... we could afford to miss a little....

Originally posted by joeygk

seriously Vic you've got to leave that man alone, before he gets a restraining order. Either that or you two should start dating! :tongue:

i know, alas we cant date, 'cos he's married, saw him with his wife..I think he's married...pretty sure.....well there was a girl with him all over the place.

ok, the 2 of u are sooooo dead

i second that! :flame: Ms. Ruthie just called me to rub it in. Didn't I sound rather chipper for someone who only got 3 hours of sleep? LOL

Conf call was torture.. I didn't think I was going to make it through w/o having my head hit the table!

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

i second that! :flame: Ms. Ruthie just called me to rub it in. Didn't I sound rather chipper for someone who only got 3 hours of sleep? LOL

Conf call was torture.. I didn't think I was going to make it through w/o having my head hit the table!

werd, she also called me to rub it in..I wanted to holler "u bas...." but then I remembered I was at work :D

I, for one, was not impressed last night. The whole thing felt too commercialized. Jimmy set was nothing special, and as someone mentioned - too much bass. It felt like he was cutting in into S&D time. I mean he played for 2 hours(not sure) and S&D played for 3? They ended early, the second the music stopped - crew started to break down the equipment, so there was not even en encore. It felt like they were there just to get it over with and move on to the next city. So, it was nothing like a twilo night, which i was hoping it would be. Just my opinion.

The coolest part of the night was meeting all the CPers. Nice to meet all of you, you know who you are.

All right, i am going back under my desk to catch on some sleep. I have a set up there just like in a Seinfeld episode.LOL.