Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Am I the only one here

kaydup

You're not alone man... I'm here too and it sucks.. bad.

I got a phone call at 8 this morning from a bunch of my friends who were driving into Boston to go to the Sox/Yankees game, then getting wasted @ the marathon. They wanted to know if I'd like to come along, but with all this fun at work I just HAD to come in :blank:

How was your (and anyone else's) weekend??

I know kid, I was driving by there this morning and the line at the Cask n' Flagon was around the corner and the door wasn't open yet. It is going to be sick there! And we are missing the whole thing.

My weekend was good. Brothers wedding went off well, so all is good. And my speech killed:D

Last week at this place baby!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your speech, I bet that was nerve racking as hell! What a great weekend to get married, such awesome weather, that's so sweet for your brother and his wife!

I can't even imagine the craziness at Fenway today. I went to the marathon last year and had the best time, I also love that we're the only state that gets Patriot's day off... it's like we created a holiday so everyone could get wasted and watch the marathon. Sometimes you really have to hand it to Boston!

Hey, make sure you gank everything you can get your hands on in that office this week! When I left my last job I took staplers, tape dispensers, paper... anything that wasn't nailed down! At my meeting with the partner who laid me off I took this cool gimicky toy right off her desk when she left the room for 2 minutes. It's the best bonus I ever got at that job! :tongue:

Yeah the weather was great! We lucked out.

Ha hha I would have loved to seen her face when she realized that her toy was missing! I will take your advice, but there really isn't anything fun here at all. Unless I want this stupid desk calender.

Am I expected to actually work this week?

Oh man, your last week of work is going to be great... you DEFINITELY shouldn't do any work at all! Show up late (and if possible drunk), leave early, take long long lunches, post on here ALL day long, and wreak any inter-office havoc you can!

At my last job there were 5 or 6 of us working on this CRAPPY ass go-nowhere project when we all found out we'd be laid off as soon as we rolled off of it. That night we went out and racked up the biggest alcohol tab on the client I've ever seen... it was perfect!

There's no sweeter beer than the one you don't have to pay for! :D

Nah I got next Mon and Tues off. So I start on Wed. But, I would rather be able to take time this summer so that's why I am starting right away. But, I got B's tickets for Sunday's game which is cool.

Pading and whoring the week away

Two days off isn't too bad... I'd take that right about now! I feel like I need a couple days off so bad, but I'm not going to get time off for a while... oh well. I'm still going to San Diego later on this summer :cool:

The B's game is going to be nuts! I can't even stand how well the Boston sports teams are doing this year... it's incredible!

After watching the Pats win the superbowl I think anything can happen.... Bruins with the Cup, C's win it all, then the Red Sox baby (hey, I can dream, can't I! :laugh: )

San Diego, that is cool. I was out there years ago, but I want to go back because I wasn't legal when I was there last. You will have a blast.

Yeah that would be great if the B's pull it off. I haven't followed the C's so I will have to take your word for it.

Man I wish I had today off, wait till that game gets out and pours right down into Kenmore the time the marathon should be going through, it is going to be nuts!!

Yeah, after college 5 of my friends just packed up and moved out to San Diego. They got a big house right down the street from the beach, took up surfing and have been living the life! ME and 5 friends are going out to visit them over the 4th of July this summer... it should be a crazy, crazy time. (Tijuana anyone?)

Can you believe they schedule a baseball game for 11 o'clock on a Monday and it's the hottest ticket in town!?! Damn I love marathon Monday.... everyone gets wasted and celebrates people who are in good shape! You're either super-healthy or a beer-guzzling bastard! (Guess which catagory I fit into :tongue: )

Why am I staring at a computer screen right now :blown:

That is awesome, I wish I did that. Be able to hang on the beach every day that is sick :eek:

There was some guys jogging around this morning with numbers on them. I am thinking why the fuck would you be running now if you have to do 26 miles in 5 hours. Oh well if I was running I would pull a Rosie Ruiz and hop on the green line.

And we are staring at computers because it is sooooo fun

Yeah, I was so psyched that they all moved out there... psyched and half-jealous! They're doing exactly what they should be right now... just having as much fun as possible and somehow getting away with it!

I used to run a LOT on high school (cross-country, indoor and outdoor track), and runners will do some pretty crazy things before races. You have to run a little to get warmed up for a long race like a marathon, but running that early in the day is pretty much stupid. But people get all freaked, especially if it's their first marathon.

On a side note, my aunt's running the race today. She ran it a couple of years ago and did really well, she even qualified for a number (which is tough as hell). But last year she was pregnant so she didn't get to use her number... she called the people this year and asked if she could transfer the number over to today's race and they told her no! She told them she was pregnant last year and they still said no.... then like 10 minutes later she got a call back with a big appology and a number! She's crazy... has 4 kids and is still running a marathon at the age of 37! I'm a 24 year old freaking guy and I couldn't even imagine running that long right now! :blank:

By the way, the Sox are up 2-0!! :D

That is great! I just could never run that far, unless someone was chasing me for some reason:laugh:

Thanks for the Sox update! My brother got all the groomsmen tickets together for June I think, I will have to look again.

Also look at the views of this thread again. Someone else is watching us out there:blank:

I couldn't have had a less-exciting weekend if I tried! Friday I just went to Worcester to have dinner with my family for my parent's anniversary, Saturday I went to North Attleboro for my girlfriend's sister's engagement party... woo hoo.

On a more positive note though, when we got back from N. Attleboro Jackie and a couple of friends of ours (one being the girl who was hanging out w/ Jackie during Danny Howells) went to The Elbow Room in Brighton. That is seriously the best bar in the city right now, HANDS DOWN! It's brand new, REALLY nice inside, great bartenders, cool, well-dressed crowd, great freaking drinks, and the prices are insane! Plus the music is at least dancey (it's cheesy, trancy stuff from last summer, but it's better than Hip-Hop Hooray!). Even though we got there after midnight we still got a table w/ a waitress. We order 2 rounds of drinks (including 2 Bombay martinis, and a couple other should-be-expensive drinks), and the whole thing came to $40 for 4 of us... how the hell are you gonna beat that!?! Only complaint is that it closes at 1, but that's supposedly changing sometime soon.

That's my bar-hoping tip of the week! :tongue:

That sox game in June should be sweet... I forgot that the groom is supposed to get something for the groomsmen. I'm in a wedding in June, I better get something cool! :tongue:

Dude who is watching us!?! This thread couldn't be less interesting if you're not me or you! And I thought I was bored....

I was in lovely Worchester Fri and Sat. What a nice place:laugh:

That bar sounds cool, I will have to check it out. Always looking for a new place to check out.

I am extreemly bored, just took a long ass lunch and watched the marathon. I wish I was there instead of falling asleep at my desk.

I'm all too familiar with Worcester! Most of my family is from around that area and I went to school there. Talk about a place with nothing going for it... it's sad really.

Where were you in Worcester? Did your brother get married there, if so where? (I'm know that city well to say the least!)

Oh, and THE SOX WON BABY!!!! Great game!!

I'm thinking of starting a little bit of trouble over on the NY board... should I?? ;)

Oh, Holy Cross is really nice. Especially in the spring, especially on a nice day... bonus.

Good call, I think I'm going to post that over there. That may result in all kinds of shit-talk on this side if the yankees do well this year (which they undoubtedly will), but at least it'll keep it interesting! :)