Clubplanet Nightlife Community

self esteem

jy

Aside from working out, which is great, what else is good for elevating one's esteem? I was told by a doc for most people it is situational..what is going around you and how you choose to react to it..easy enough to say that we can choose to react differently but most of us already have our personality traits imprinted from childhood. Reason some of the funniest people y'all know prolly have low esteem..humor is a very common recourse for people with low esteem or confidence.

It is a huge issue..that is why in most b-schools they teach effective change based on how to change the psychology of your co-workers and surroundings...the best way to put is a quote from the movie What about Bob...."baby steps, baby steps" Being serious...They call it "memes." Sort of like genetics = genes & personality traits = memes...pretty interesting stuff but all follows the baby step routine. Too many peeps want instant change but it mostly doesn't work like that.

It helps to look at like small victories as opposed to everything is out to getcha....win a couple small victories and continue doing it well...

Leseee if this thread goes from wallowing in the mud to something positive...I ain't no shrink so take it as it is.

After thinking about what all of you wrote, I can see how putting yourself on the line, so to speak can be very hard. I have always been an outgoing type of person, and I sometimes forget that not everyone can be like for what ever the reason. Assimulating yourself and being comfortable with yourself, is a lot harder to do than to pretending. You have to be yourself everyday, even when no one sees you......

It's beautiful out, go enjoy the sunshine!!!!!!:D